BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

I do find it quite amusing reading online comments about Venkys from the remaining 8000 as though their opinions in some way reflect reality.

Such endorsement is akin to 70 year followers of Cliff Richard discussing the merits of his latest offering compared to the last. I am not sure this is an accurate or unbiased opinion folks.

Meanwhile the same 8000 try their best to ignore what happened to the 15000 or why. Politely applauding in an empty room, punctuated by silence amidst empty seats and ghosts of "not proper fans". Yet the 15000 are ones who can remain objective and choose to remain away realising nothing has changed.

The dismantling of Jack Walker's legacy is inextricably linked to our current owners and their many previous employees. As are the hundreds of lost local businesses, destroyed livelihoods and the primary reason for the shell of what was (not long ago) our proud town.

I wonder what Jack thinks of our crumbling stadium. Of why we can't afford to wash the fascias or open the club shop, yet continue to fully fund the daily upkeep of Neville mansion.

Meanwhile the 8000 continue to debate the current shade of rosyness in their own Rovers garden and welcoming back the masters of our destruction with open arms.

Arguably the 8000 has now become 2500 elitists clamouring for forgiveness of the family, not least Mr Murray.

The silent majority of Rovers fans just don't care until they fuck off.

#VenkysOut

• Like 8

For a very different take on things than the local media outlets Have put out this week...

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

Todays show starting at 1pm, discussion is centred round the iFollow numbers released this week, and we move on to the marketing at the club.

Tomorrow from 1pm is my talk with Glen - not to be missed!!

As has been shown over the years Venky were duped and they blundered through. However the last few years there is a definite change in the way we are run. They have continually put their money into the club, close to 200 million now. 

I am in the camp of draw a line and move on, we are stuck with each other.

Ten years after the Venky's took over at Blackburn - the Rao brothers are finally getting it right | Daily Mail Online

Contains images that some fans may find distressing.

'On one occasion, star striker Santa Cruz received a call asking him if he wanted to go out on the town in Manchester. The Paraguayan declined assuming a fan had got his number, but club staff confirmed that the caller was in fact Balaji'

?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A member of Blackburn's ground staff travelling with the squad noted that the pitch for an exhibition match was too long. He asked for the grass to be cut, reasonably expecting that the blades on the lawnmowers would be lowered accordingly.

The groundsman was shocked to say the least when he returned to find a small army of female employees from Venky's on their hands and knees, sheltered from the searing Indian sun by parasols, meticulously cutting the grass using scissors and rulers.

'He thought it was some kind of joke,' says one insider. 'At that point we really knew we were in trouble.'

Christ.

• Like 2

When we are a regular established Premier league side again I might forgive them.

Interesting that the only stuff we read then, with one or two honourable exceptions, were how nasty the fans were to poor Steve Kean.

Nobody in the media has ever said sorry to the fans.

• Like 2

• Backroom
On 21/11/2020 at 13:00, Miller11 said:

Tomorrow from 1pm is my talk with Glen - not to be missed!!

This has been my listening material for the past couple of journeys to work and back. 

I already knew about the majority of the content but it's a timely reminder when things are starting to look a bit better just how bad things were not so long ago and not to get too ahead of ourselves. It is evident that being a Blackburn supporter whilst Venkys remain in charge that things can take a turn for the worst extremely quickly!

Thanks Duncan & @glen9mullan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

A member of Blackburn's ground staff travelling with the squad noted that the pitch for an exhibition match was too long. He asked for the grass to be cut, reasonably expecting that the blades on the lawnmowers would be lowered accordingly.

The groundsman was shocked to say the least when he returned to find a small army of female employees from Venky's on their hands and knees, sheltered from the searing Indian sun by parasols, meticulously cutting the grass using scissors and rulers.

'He thought it was some kind of joke,' says one insider. 'At that point we really knew we were in trouble.'

Christ.

That's especially mental

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama