Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
den

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

185 members have voted

  1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

    • Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Ozz said:

Can you provide a source for this info at all. ? 

Companies house filing today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before they used to have to issue shares to pay the wages of Murphy, Orr etc. At least now we are seeing something tangible on the pitch for it. Rathbone in the LT today saying BB could be a £30m player in the future. 

Let's hope they stick to the plan this time instead of getting impatient like they did under Bowyer, even after he started making them some big money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Biz said:

80million of cost between 89 and 2002? That doesn’t sound much even considering what we won and the exponential “football” inflation, especially compared to 150m for us now - 2009-2018.

Dont need to get into our old discussion on intent - we both agree though on it being their (Raos) legacy; mismanagement costing millions.

Maybe they’re a bit more encouraged recently, since their probable 150m loss 12 month ago, has been turned into probably a 100m loss now by simple value of playing staff.

The thing I always find mind boggling with “Venkys” is the money they’ve always plunged into the academy. What better excuse was league 1 to bin it off? The factor of our team being chock full of graduates isn’t an accident. In fact, I’d argue the grade one cost alone plus staffing was probably more expensive than our total season ticket takings in league 1.

They have kept that going - although I recall we filled it with Portuguese dross for a short time. Kinder and Bowyer sorted it out (allegedly!)

 

Yep the Academy seems to be the one real legacy of Jack they've truly respected and amid all the chaos over the last 8 years whoever has held firm on that and advised its continued funding deserves a pat on the back at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Before they used to have to issue shares to pay the wages of Murphy, Orr etc. At least now we are seeing something tangible on the pitch for it. Rathbone in the LT today saying BB could be a £30m player in the future. 

Let's hope they stick to the plan this time instead of getting impatient like they did under Bowyer, even after he started making them some big money.

I lost patience with Bowyer myself. Always felt like whenever we got near the play-offs, we would take 2 steps back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar feelings on GB although I think his main instruction from above was grow a team in value rather than go all out for promotion. He did however deserve to be allowed to reinvest a bit of what he'd helped bring in after the fire sale started. Rumours he'd always fancied selling Rhodes then using that money to rebuild but that was never going to happen they just got Lambert in to be the fall guy for that one with the hope a few big loans would be enough to go up.

eejits !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I lost patience with Bowyer myself. Always felt like whenever we got near the play-offs, we would take 2 steps back. 

It doesn't help when his best players are sold from under him (Gestede) and he's then told the next day he's expected to achieve promotion. I think he'll always be held in high-regard by most right-thinking Rovers fans ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also didn’t help that he played Cairney on the right wing, but it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It doesn't help when his best players are sold from under him (Gestede) and he's then told the next day he's expected to achieve promotion. I think he'll always be held in high-regard by most right-thinking Rovers fans ;)

Absolutly Blueboy.

They sold Cairney from under him also and Rhodes twice.....

Bowyers tenure for the most part was a bright period during very dark times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

Also didn’t help that he played Cairney on the right wing, but it is what it is. 

The same Cairney who was superb in that position and got player of the season in his 1st year ( I may have made that up) and then after a poor 2nd season still got as a big money move to Fulham. I bet Cairney loves Bowyer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gav said:

Absolutly Blueboy.

They sold Cairney from under him also and Rhodes twice.....

Bowyers tenure for the most part was a bright period during very dark times.

The frustration is they could have built on those good players Bowyer bought for a pittance and let him buy more. He could obviously spot them. Even if they didn't think he could have taken us up they could have changed managers and continued to invest. Instead they sold everyone, left Bowyer with just enough budget for the likes of that shite forward Keita/Koita and then sacked him when he wasn't top of the league. 

Now we are spending £7m on a young lad. Money was never a problem. The problem is they don't understand football and they can't just click their fingers like petulant brats and expect promotion and then 'punish' the club when it doesn't happen. Hopefully Mowbray is getting through to them and they don't throw their dummies out again when we have a bad run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Also didn’t help that he played Cairney on the right wing, but it is what it is. 

Player development, it was in his blood I think he was applying the youth principles to the first team because he really didn't know any different. Also there was the Lowe issue which has been done to death but it was always going to be him they tried to build the team around.

Marshall was another, right wing one week left wing another, number 10 then right back, pity Ben didn't have the consistency nor the mentality to keep his head up or he'd have been another big money sale on GB's resume.

As would captain fantastic had he actually been any good,  frustrating stuff at the time for a lot of us fans but looking back and using the words of a forked tongued reptile 'we could see what he was trying to do there'.

Edited by tomphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It doesn't help when his best players are sold from under him (Gestede) and he's then told the next day he's expected to achieve promotion. I think he'll always be held in high-regard by most right-thinking Rovers fans ;)

Low blow and I thought we were getting on well 😂

I liked Bowyer, a lot. I just felt whenever we got near the play offs something would go wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Player development, it was in his blood I think he was applying the youth principles to the first team because he really didn't know any different. Also there was the Lowe issue which has been done to death but it was always going to be him they tried to build the team around.

Marshall was another, right wing one week left wing another, number 10 then right back, pity Ben didn't have the consistency nor the mentality to keep his head up or he'd have been another big money sale on GB's resume.

As would captain fantastic had he actually been any good,  frustrating stuff at the time for a lot of us fans but looking back and using the words of a forked tongued reptile 'we could see what he was trying to do there'.

Marshall is just a bit frustrating in general. He’s a cracking player when he’s at it, he really is. He just isn’t at it nearly as much as we’d like him to be.

Think he looked class at full back tbh. 

I think he has had a number of issues with mental health in the past, if I’m not mistaken, which would definitely explain a few things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their behaviour towards the end of Bowyers tenure is precisely the reason I refuse to be taken in by a 12 month improvement since last year. Things have unravelled very quickly from a position of relative stability and strength under their watch before and whilst we are almost all quite happy with how things are at the moment you must have selective memory to overlook what happened not long ago and blindly believe a corner has at long last been turned.

Edited by JHRover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Their behaviour towards the end of Bowyers tenure is precisely the reason I refuse to be taken in by a 12 month improvement since last year. Things have unravelled very quickly from a position of relative stability and strength under their watch before and whilst we are almost all quite happy with how things are at the moment you must have selective memory to overlook what happened not long ago and blindly believe a corner has at long last been turned.

Agreed, will never forget the start of their tenure and the cluelessness of the owners whom are established successful business people in their own right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venkys putting their toe in the rising temperature of the ice cold water at Ewood by sending a youngling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Venkys putting their toe in the rising temperature of the ice cold water at Ewood by sending a youngling.

Snowball season is almost upon us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.