Sign in to follow this  
den

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

12 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

The BBC's coronavirus live feed is reporting that chicken sales in India have plummeted since the outbreak due to misinformation being spread online about chickens being carriers.

It'll be interesting to see if that'll have any kind of knock-on consequence for the club, good or bad depending on your perspective...

The Venkys share price is down about 30% over the last month .

Plenty players to sell........

Share price still tumbling. Down 9.75% today.

A couple of years ago when Venky's shares were rocketing there was a 5% daily cap on change in share price. I think it was to prevent them going arteficially high during the beef ban. This also meant that they were very safe shares as they couldn't collapse quickly so they stayed fairly steady. It appears that the cap has now gone and the share value is almost back down to pre beef ban days of 2017. 

FFP will get the blame if there's a summer fire sale.....

On the basis of the unprecedented and strange time we appear to be in, is it not time for a statement from our lovely owners to inform us that they will see us through it?

They probably don't know what's going on.

Yet again brings into focus the ludicrous investment signing and that money totally spaffed.

Other side of the coin is the 1.3 million TM & Waggot left in the bank in Jan from the budget might just be keeping it afloat for now. Heroes one and all.....

Waggott with some disgraceful comments today...

“I have been in discussions with Tony every day on player welfare as well as the business side, and my view is that the owners have been very good to the club over the last nine years since they took over the ownership of the club and it’s now time for us to play a part and look after them a little bit as we go through a turbulent time. I’m looking across the board how we can pay all the people we can for as long as possible.”

25 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

my view is that the owners have been very good to the club over the last nine years since they took over the ownership of the club

Waggott can't make any comments on what went on before he was here. The bloke is clueless. The next six months is going to be a clear indication of their commitment to the club. This has barely got going in India to date and already impacting on their business. 

7 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Waggott can't make any comments on what went on before he was here. The bloke is clueless. The next six months is going to be a clear indication of their commitment to the club. This has barely got going in India to date and already impacting on their business. 

Exactly. And he can’t wait to tell us how he can’t comment on what went on before whenever he’s asked anything about their multitude of wrongdoings. Different story when he wants to kiss their arses.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

“I have been in discussions with Tony every day on player welfare as well as the business side, and my view is that the owners have been very good to the club over the last nine years since they took over the ownership of the club and it’s now time for us to play a part and look after them a little bit as we go through a turbulent time. I’m looking across the board how we can pay all the people we can for as long as possible.”

How on earth can we play a part and look after them a little bit?

The are (allegedly) billionaires.

Maybe he is paving the way for an announcement about furloughing staff.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How on earth can we play a part and look after them a little bit?

The are (allegedly) billionaires.

Maybe he is paving the way for an announcement about furloughing staff.

That's how I read it also.

If Waggott just fuxked off it would save quite a few quid. Mind the door on the way out Steve.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

This on the back of Nixons comments at the weekend are just priming for the inevitable. It was going to happen anyway at some point but this will have forced the issue. The borrowings will be stretched to the limit on the back the assets available to sell now.

This situation can't be helped but if Vs are prepared to fund it through this crisis and these lot are saying it's ok we'll try and do it ourselves those in the middle will be rubbing their hands again.

Seeing as the biggest asset is worth nothing at the moment my approach would be cut all the deadwood completely then try and keep the best young players etc. The opposite is likely to happen so fasten your seat belts these lot running it will do anything to make themselves look good in the owners eyes.

Signing shite and carrying other rubbish to be nice and make up numbers will prove costly yet again i'd wager.

Edited by tomphil

Just the usual guff in his Sunday column along the lines of Vs share price tumbling will have a knock on effect for Rovers.

When he starts chiming in on this subject something usually follows. 

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

That bloke has just show himself up for exactly what he is.

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That bloke has just show himself up for exactly what he is.

Again

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, tomphil said:

This on the back of Nixons comments at the weekend are just priming for the inevitable. It was going to happen anyway at some point but this will have forced the issue. The borrowings will be stretched to the limit on the back the assets available to sell now.

This situation can't be helped but if Vs are prepared to fund it through this crisis and these lot are saying it's ok we'll try and do it ourselves those in the middle will be rubbing their hands again.

Seeing as the biggest asset is worth nothing at the moment my approach would be cut all the deadwood completely then try and keep the best young players etc. The opposite is likely to happen so fasten your seat belts these lot running it will do anything to make themselves look good in the owners eyes.

Signing shite and carrying other rubbish to be nice and make up numbers will prove costly yet again i'd wager.

Thing is Tomphil , what is any asset worth now? Hard to envisage big transfer fees and huge salaries going forward across the football world . Not necessarily a bad thing but the game is currently being shown up for furloughing non playing staff ( which as taxpayers will end up with us ) whilst players are waltzing off with their huge salaries . Must be a bit galling for nhs staff to be setting off every day to do what they do when that’s going on .

Its like everything across the entire world will come out of this and absolutely everything will be halved. Apart from our bloody debt . How that then ever gets paid back god only knows but then again was it ever going to be ??? 
Scary times 

Edited by TBTF