BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

I'm convinced the financial situation above all else forced the issue and that those who blow in the ears or have some other involvement began to blow harder when the prospect of selling a load of big money players became a reality.

Bowyer was the glue holding it together on the ground this end and I think those ear blowers wanted their own man in again so they could guarantee maximum slices of the action having had to make do with just foisting their freebies onto the club for a period. Wouldn't be surprised if they got 'advised' on that one in a similar way to the Allardyce / Kean scenario.

The mess of Lambert, the arrival of Coyle and all the paths that link up on those back up the theory somewhat of a stink that never really went away it just got contained for a while.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

The one obvious change was the transfer embargo coming into effect. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Venky's were caught off-guard by the whole thing - and as a result, as you say, lost trust in Bowyer and others at the club, sending over Pasha to try and work out what was going on. Pasha was obviously unimpressed with GB and got rid of him as soon as possible. 

Either way you're right, it's completely possible they'll start meddling again if Mowbray isn't living up to expectations next season. As far as I'm aware Pasha is still lurking in the shadows, so if he sours on Mowbray at some point it'll be time to buckle up and prepare for the next round of Venky Russian Roulette. We just have to hope Waggott & TM keep the ship steady and maintain reasonable expectations. 

I suppose the challenge for Mowbray and Waggott is to balance expectations, whilst also trying to get enough funds released to allow us to be competitive in the top half. If venkys put money in, they will want progress

Speaking of which.... what's happened to Suhail/Pasha recently?  Haven't heard anything for months, which is no doubt a good sign, maybe someone gave him a good t**tting a bit like this

whack-a-clown.png

and he's out of the game a few hundred metres under Brockhall.  We can but dream.

I think we would all accept it right now, if it was announced that Mowbray had been to India been promised between £5 - £10 million, plus funds from any sales, if there are any, to build a squad capable of competing in the Championship. I can't see us getting too near a promotion or play off spot, but would be happy to stay well clear of relegation and would take a Millwall or Sheff UTD right now. Yes I would love another promotion, but that can happen for me, in the next 2- 5 years and I would be prepared for the owners to ensure that we don't go bust or be relegated again, for now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

I think we would all accept it right now, if it was announced that Mowbray had been to India been promised between £5 - £10 million, plus funds from any sales, if there are any, to build a squad capable of competing in the Championship. I can't see us getting too near a promotion or play off spot, but would be happy to stay well clear of relegation and would take a Millwall or Sheff UTD right now. Yes I would love another promotion, but that can happen for me, in the next 2- 5 years and I would be prepared for the owners to ensure that we don't go bust or be relegated again, for now.

Re-read. I think you said as much.

Edited by Stuart

Just now, lraC said:

If we have 5-10 million to spend, or more, or nothing at all - it won’t be announced. It better not be anyway.

Never reveal your budget, and if you do - lie.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

What benefit is there to Venkys of a mid table Championship finish though?

We need Mowbray to return with either the funds to mount a promotion challenge, or a five year plan to do so more slowly.

I guess you answer this question yourself. Whilst we are in the Championship and finish perhaps, mid table, it gives us a platform for mounting a promotion challenge. I am not suggesting we stay there as I have stated, another promotion in 2 - 5 years would do. The other key thing of course, is we are ripe for a purchase, at this level, for anyone, who wants to take a punt on the famous Blackburn Rovers and take us to the big time again.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

If we have 5-10 million to spend, or more, or nothing at all - it won’t be announced. It better not be anyway.

Never reveal your budget, and if you do - lie.

I fully agree. It was hypothetical, so lets say one of our posters says, " I have it in good faith".

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

I fully agree. It was hypothetical, so lets say one of our posters says, " I have it in good faith".

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

We’ll only really know what is going on when the first few signings start rolling in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

I guess you answer this question yourself. Whilst we are in the Championship and finish perhaps, mid table, it gives us a platform for mounting a promotion challenge. I am not suggesting we stay there as I have stated, another promotion in 2 - 5 years would do. The other key thing of course, is we are ripe for a purchase, at this level, for anyone, who wants to take a punt on the famous Blackburn Rovers and take us to the big time again.

Wouldn’t that be something. Biggest boost since...

B553D66E-A2E4-4147-8E30-5AB6EB9569B2.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lraC said:

OK,..my spectre at the feast moment..

Just musing....

One thing that all the recent euphoria has achieved is to dampen down rightful supporter criticism and discontent.

Now many seem willing to accept our dumbing down to a mid-lower table championship club...

Venky's job done?..discuss

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Just musing....

One thing that all the recent euphoria has achieved is to dampen down rightful supporter criticism and discontent.

Now many seem willing to accept our dumbing down to a mid-lower table championship club...

I think I missed all the posters who said they love us being a lower-mid Championship club and have no desire to be anything else. I must’ve been too busy reading the ones who think that, as the next step in our recovery process, lower-mid Championship would be acceptable.

• Like 1

That's the point. We may need to consolidate a Championship place before we can look at moving up. Nobody wants to stay there for any length of time but we may have to accept moving up ten places from this year next year. That's still progress. It doesn't mean we accept or forgive the owners or are satisfied with our position but better than this year is progress, provided we keep clear of the relegation zone

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Just musing....

Would the hypothetical scenario of promotion and consolidation in the premier league be the only worthy outcome of respite from discontent for the ownership?

Genuine question, no straw-man or baiting. For me, the answer to that is yes but, they’d still be remembered firstly for their absolute negligence, but I’d at least be in a position to say they’d hired some decent professionals to run the club, and left alone.. 

That’s the real key part for any club, most clubs are in the same boat; Someone said “one more dodgy decision/hiring” of someone from disaster, of words to that effect. Previously, a finance director, a shelf salesmen, a Malaysian pundit and an Agent who helped broker the sale of the club have all had some say..

Can we trust Waggott if it does turn sour with TM? At least we are talking about someone with experience in football this time.... if he’s trusted to. We know the Cheston/Warnock/Coyle multiverse well.

“Willing to accept our dumbing down”, or what I’ve got? Well not really much of a choice if I still want to watch my team really. Do I accept the reasons for certain decisions? Nope. Do I accept the appropriate apology or response has ever arrived? Nope. Do I think they remotely understand the level of anger, embarrassment, frustration and sheer horror that thousands of us have experienced.....No!

The Raos’ job will likely be done the minute they sell up, but not a minute before. 12 months on from the last meetings in India, we are at least a level nearer some form of “redemption”.

50 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I think I missed all the posters who said they love us being a lower-mid Championship club and have no desire to be anything else. I must’ve been too busy reading the ones who think that, as the next step in our recovery process, lower-mid Championship would be acceptable.

".Would love us being etc""? Blow the straw man down...again!

But you may have proved my point with your very last word Lol

Just musing....

We can only rise from where we were and that is not me dumbing us down as a mid to lower championship club. We should not have been in the Championship let alone League 1 but were put their through some horrendous decision making and extremely poor ownership that was badly advised by some of the lowest scum of the earth. I just do not want it to get any worse than it already is and would be more than happy with some sensible investments and decisions made. Anything that will take this club in a forward direction is fine by me right now - going the other way has me fearing the worst for the absolute future of this club.

To answer Biz,

Promotion to the Prem and consolodating - would that turn the feelings towards the Venky's? Not completely but you would have to give them credit for how they have run the club the past couple of seasons. It would also be the ideal scenarios for them as they would recoup a good chunk of what they had lost and could then feck off.

Just now, JacknOry said:

We can only rise from where we were and that is not me dumbing us down as a mid to lower championship club. We should not have been in the Championship let alone League 1 but were put their through some horrendous decision making and extremely poor ownership that was badly advised by some of the lowest scum of the earth. I just do not want it to get any worse than it already is and would be more than happy with some sensible investments and decisions made. Anything that will take this club in a forward direction is fine by me right now - going the other way has me fearing the worst for the absolute future of this club.

No-one said you were dumbing us down. I never bought into the "blame the fans" line!

In the context of loyal, one club supporters, my point is around functionality.

The 2nd relegation and  immediate promotion -to the very level, which evoked such outrage in 2012- has has had the impact of managing our expectations down. It has bought Venky's and their partners time...

21 minutes ago, Biz said:

Would the hypothetical scenario of promotion and consolidation in the premier league be the only worthy outcome of respite from discontent for the ownership?

Genuine question, no straw-man or baiting. For me, the answer to that is yes but, they’d still be remembered firstly for their absolute negligence, but I’d at least be in a position to say they’d hired some decent professionals to run the club, and left alone.. 

That’s the real key part for any club, most clubs are in the same boat; Someone said “one more dodgy decision/hiring” of someone from disaster, of words to that effect. Previously, a finance director, a shelf salesmen, a Malaysian pundit and an Agent who helped broker the sale of the club have all had some say..

Can we trust Waggott if it does turn sour with TM? At least we are talking about someone with experience in football this time.... if he’s trusted to. We know the Cheston/Warnock/Coyle multiverse well.

“Willing to accept our dumbing down”, or what I’ve got? Well not really much of a choice if I still want to watch my team really. Do I accept the reasons for certain decisions? Nope. Do I accept the appropriate apology or response has ever arrived? Nope. Do I think they remotely understand the level of anger, embarrassment, frustration and sheer horror that thousands of us have experienced.....No!

The Raos’ job will likely be done the minute they sell up, but not a minute before. 12 months on from the last meetings in India, we are at least a level nearer some form of “redemption”.

Yes, I am more hopeful about Waggott than any of their previous appointees to the equivalent role. Not just a back handed compliment either, although they were all hopeless or something more sinister.

Like others, following our promotion I observed a few articles/phone- ins, wondering whether fans could now forgive Venky's etc. 

As a fan, of course I loved last season...but if it merely relieves the pressure on Venky's et al, as they revert to keeping the club, merely ticking over  in the lower reaches of the 2nd tier..what then for our club? 

It all comes down to the concern that Rovers is not in safe hands.... and I would not want anything to distract us from that realisation..

As for redemption...not in this world anyway!

• Like 3

".Would love us being etc""? Blow the straw man down...again!

But you may have proved my point with your very last word Lol

Yes indeed, taking an individual word from a sentence to construe your own meaning is a well accepted rhetorical practice. One wonders why Cicero bothered with all those extra words when one would do.

I get a sense of a feeling of superiority that your expectations have not been dumbed down, unlike us sheep. Enjoy the view from up there.

• Like 1

Never ever forgive in this instance. Our downfall was engineered at a time when money in the premier league skyrocketed just when those buggers down the road managed to get promoted, hence establishing a divide between us that may never be narrowed. 

Thats enough reason for me. 

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Yes indeed, taking an individual word from a sentence to construe your own meaning is a well accepted rhetorical practice. One wonders why Cicero bothered with all those extra words when one would do.

I get a sense of a feeling of superiority that your expectations have not been dumbed down, unlike us sheep. Enjoy the view from up there.

Cicero lol!

You're playing the man, mate. Stuart is the one with a Latin phrase for that.

You are the one who referred to all the posters who said they love us being a lower-mid Championship club and have no desire to be anything else.

My whole point was around what is now "acceptable". Then you used the very word, yourself, Tiro.