BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesborough away Sat 8th Dec

Boro have been fairly dreadful at home recently so there's always a chance. We don't tend to defend set pieces well though so they may see us as vulnerable on one of the things Pulis's teams are normally very good at. Tony may even tinker to a back 3 so he can get both Lenny and Downing on the pitch.

I fear we will lose by a couple of goals. 

Actually think this is a crucial game for us, a win would see us right on the edge of the top 6, a loss however and we could be 8 points off. Of course there’s still a lot of games and a lot of points to play for but as we enter this crucial peroid a win would set us up nicely and give us confidence for a difficult run of fixtures where we play a lot of promotion chasing teams. It’s gonna be difficult as we largely rely on the physicality of Graham up top and stated already by a few that is bread and butter to this Boro team. Really think it’s the kind of game we need Rothwell in as he gives us creativity and is always looking to run with the ball. Would also drop Evans for this game and partner reed with smalling in the middle to give us an added physicality in that area. Come on rovers!

6 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Going off the dressing room picture just posted on twitter, maybe Rothwell starting today ?  his shirt is hanging in the middle of

those you would consider as certain starters.

How many tickets have we sold for this, anyone know ?

Think they just go in shirt number order, hope your right though!

3 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Actually think this is a crucial game for us, a win would see us right on the edge of the top 6, a loss however and we could be 8 points off. Of course there’s still a lot of games and a lot of points to play for but as we enter this crucial peroid a win would set us up nicely and give us confidence for a difficult run of fixtures where we play a lot of promotion chasing teams. It’s gonna be difficult as we largely rely on the physicality of Graham up top and stated already by a few that is bread and butter to this Boro team. Really think it’s the kind of game we need Rothwell in as he gives us creativity and is always looking to run with the ball. Would also drop Evans for this game and partner reed with smalling in the middle to give us an added physicality in that area. Come on rovers!

You might be getting your wish Reed and Smallwood's shirts next to each other, no sign off Evan's.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Not seen much of Downing, is he any good at heading crosses away ?

He's certainly tall enough.

I'd say his aerial ability is his biggest asset. He heads a lot of balls away. It was his distribution that was always stood out as being poor but after last weeks stride out from defence and defence-splitting pass he's now a cross between Jack Charlton and Beckenbauer. 

I just keep thinking about our full-backs. We'll probably need to score 3 to get anything from the game - so if Dack and Graham can be kept quiet it's a 3-1 defeat for me.

This winter period looks like it's crunch time for the season. How we could regret drawing against all those lowly sides (Reading, Ipswich, Millwall, Rotherham). Conceivably a neutral could look at our next 6 fixtures and predict 1-3 points at best. The only light is that this IS The Championship and anything could happen . . .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Going off the dressing room picture just posted on twitter, maybe Rothwell starting today ?  his shirt is hanging in the middle of

those you would consider as certain starters.

How many tickets have we sold for this, anyone know ?

700 ish, standard for a trek there but not to be sniffed at at 30 quid doubt there'll be many pay on the day.

3 minutes ago, Husky said:

I just keep thinking about our full-backs. We'll probably need to score 3 to get anything from the game - so if Dack and Graham can be kept quiet it's a 3-1 defeat for me.

This winter period looks like it's crunch time for the season. How we could regret drawing against all those lowly sides (Reading, Ipswich, Millwall, Rotherham). Conceivably a neutral could look at our next 6 fixtures and predict 1-3 points at best. The only light is that this IS The Championship and anything could happen . . .

And the non perfomances at Preston and Wigan.

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Pretty strong bench that.

It is devoid of Rovers youngsters breaking through though.

I feel for Travis he was brought on at a key moment in the game last week did well and today he's not even on the bench. He desperately needs a loan move in January, I think Rovers let him down badly by not getting him one in the summer.

• Like 1