BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesborough away Sat 8th Dec

• Moderation Lead

At the start of the game, we’d have taken a draw, I suppose. However, from the position we were in, it’s incredibly frustrating that we missed chances then ended up conceding.

Incredibly frustrating that we can’t take our chances and finish a team off with a man less for most of the game. 

Disappointing in that regard, but I suppose we didn’t lose....

• Backroom

Really poor to be against 10 men for 70 minutes and not come out with a win especially after getting the breakthrough instantly 

Edited by Tom

• Backroom

Obviously would have been happy if offered a 1-1 before the match started. Less so if I was also told they'd play 70 minutes with ten men and we'd be a goal up at half time, but not particularly surprised either. The last thing a Mowbray team wants is the opposition losing a man. It simply isn't compatible with how we play. 

Unfortunately every team is not Sheffield Wednesday so in a sense normal service resumed this week. Underwhelming but we have to accept it's mid-table for us this season (still completely acceptable) and see how much Venky's are willing to put into a serious promotion push over the next two years. 

• Like 1

Missed opportunity.

Armstrong is so, so frustrating. He has pace and beats his man, which is a luxury we don't often have - but what on earth has happened to his final ball and finishing this season? Completely gone. It's not just the change in league, because again he is creating chances that not many other players can - but then it's all for nothing because of how dull and wasted his deliveries are.

Honestly I don't see what we have to lose by giving Nuttall another chance.

We got into so many good positions and just couldn't play the right ball. That's just poor play. Armstrong was the worst culprit but Williams at the end either needs to shoot or drill it across. 

What was also worrying was the defensive lapses that let Boro clean through twice despite only having 10 men.

It's a good result on paper but not with how the game panned out. Boro were probably the better side with 11 but we should be able to kill that off with 10. 

Frustrating. .

Armstrong’s was as bad a cameo as I can remember seeing, and nothing to do with the position he played, just rank bad decision making. Plus I don’t think Danny Graham touched the ball second half, tho we did need him on to help defend Boro’s throws.

Not a top 6 team yet, which is perhaps why we aren’t in the top 6.

• Like 3