BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesborough away Sat 8th Dec

3 hours ago, DE. said:

That miss from Evans was criminal. 

Williams was worse in the dying seconds, a Tammy the toe poke from ten yards out and it’s three points, instead let’s go with another pull back to no one. Wait till you see the replay he was right next to the goal. Livid

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Not sure I agree with that, he has easily the worst goals to shots ratio. He’s greedy and shoots when there are too many defenders in front of him. Today he was played through by Dack, perfect position and pass, but didn’t even get a shot away.

That's why it's important to get a run of games in your favoured position

4 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

As a traditional list why oh why did the lads not play in blue and white against the red of Boro?

A point is good in the scheme of things.

someone said they are contracted to wear the away strip so many times a season.

Hugely disappointing after going one up after 20 minutes and playing 10 men for the remainder of the game.

Sending off changed the game.  Until Middlesbrough deservedly went down to 10 men, could only only see one winner and it wasn't us.

Game should have been over at half time.  Evans' miss was criminal and thought there and then, we're going to blow this - therefore went for draw at 10/3 at half time.

Think it was poor game management from Mowbray.  We should have had fresh legs on (thought Graham was shot at) before the A'balonga strike, and really gone for it.  A wonder strike but no pressure at all on the lad or ball.

Thought Armstrong was dreadful when he came on.  Continue to like the look of Rothwell, the lad has a spark and deserves his chance to start a match or two.  As for Brereton, what more can you say, brought on with the game almost over - think there's something very, very strange about that signing.  

Starter was great (brunch in Thirsk), main course (at The Riverside) flattered to deceive and pudding was great (dinner in Ribble Valley).  Suppose two out of three aint too bad! 

Edited by Mercer

Disappointed with the result with the one man advantage however Middlesbrough are no push overs, and most teams (bar Aston Villa the other week) will find it difficult to break down an UBER defensive team like them on any given day even with 10 men.  Bigger problem is our finishing.  Dack had our best opportunity today (other than our goal) hitting the woodwork, however Evans, Smallwood and other all had opportunities to fire off a shot but opted against it. We need to encourage players to "Have a go" more often. Anywho, good point, now lets follow up with a win against another stubborn team Birmingham.  Thoughts from the gaffa and Boro fan John Gaunt & more. 

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Hugely disappointing after going one up after 20 minutes and playing 10 men for the remainder of the game.

Sending off changed the game.  Until Middlesbrough deservedly went down to 10 men, could only only see one winner and it wasn't us.

Game should have been over at half time.  Evans' miss was criminal and thought there and then, we're going to blow this - therefore went for draw at 10/3 at half time.

Think it was poor game management from Mowbray.  We should have had fresh legs on (thought Graham was shot at) before the A'balonga strike, and really gone for it.  A wonder strike but no pressure at all on the lad or ball.

Thought Armstrong was dreadful when he came on.  Continue to like the look of Rothwell, the lad has a spark and deserves his chance to start a match or two.  As for Brereton, what more can you say, brought on with the game almost over - think there's something very, very strange about that signing.  

Starter was great (brunch in Thirsk), main course (at The Riverside) flattered to deceive and pudding was great (dinner in Ribble Valley).  Suppose two out of three aint too bad! 

How the other half lives! Keen to learn about Chaddy's day now!

Yes Arma didn't have a great game.

Yes Rothwell should start every game

Why hasn't Brereton started yet? (Oh I wonder.) 

But at the end of the day we sat back against 10 men and only changed our mentality once we conceded. Its basic football management. You have to go for it.

A boxer doesn't sit back when they are close to knocking out there opponent. They try to hurt them more. 

Not happy at all

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

would have took a point before the game tho after the game it feel like 2 points dropped. 

Thought we were good mostly and we should have won the game before they scored but we didn't take our chances. Felt we would always win the game after the sending off. 

Thought Boro was poor and I cannot see them going up if that their best team. need signings. We more than match them today and prove on our day we can match the best teams in the league

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Keen to learn about Chaddy's day now!

enjoyed my day out. it was good apart from the result. had some good dinner in the old spring well near Harrogate. Hope this answer your question

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Instead of Danny Graham? Righty ho

Graham was terrible today, might as well not have been on the pitch.

Not the first time by any stretch this season either. He's either very very good or shocking. There's very little inbetween.

I think Brereton deserves his chance in the middle. Graham's body ought to be able to handle 30 mins or so at the end. Failing that we need (at least) another striker.

On 07/12/2018 at 16:50, Ossydave said:

Not sure what to expect at all in this one. 

We've conceded a staggering 11 goals in our last 4 away games which simply cannot continue. 

That said 75% of Boro home games have seen under 2.5 goals. We've scored in all but 1 away game. 

It's all pointing to a 1-1 draw for me. Boro taking the lead and us bagging a late one.... 

I guess I'd take that. 

Order wrong but once again this boy knows..... 

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My initial thought was the goalkeeper may have got there first. I've played it back several times and I'm not convinced he would have got to the ball first now.

If you factor in that Dack was running at speed and the shirt pull denied him a couple of yards intra clear sending off. Thankfully the assistant read it correctly but the delay in the incident and the referee actually blowing gave me the impression nothing was going to be given.

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Graham was terrible today, might as well not have been on the pitch.

Not the first time by any stretch this season either. He's either very very good or shocking. There's very little inbetween.

I think Brereton deserves his chance in the middle. Graham's body ought to be able to handle 30 mins or so at the end. Failing that we need (at least) another striker.

It's strange how we see things as I thought Graham was decent today. He held the ball up well and some decent lay offs. From their set pieces he was our best defender too. I didn't feel that we sat back too much neither. For most of the second half we were on the front foot. Middlesbrough's only real threat was balls over the top and set pieces in my opinion.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's strange how we see things as I thought Graham was decent today. He held the ball up well and some decent lay offs. From their set pieces he was our best defender too. I didn't feel that we sat back too much neither. For most of the second half we were on the front foot. Middlesbrough's only real threat was balls over the top and set pieces in my opinion.

Totally agree.  A lot of Graham's work defensively is often overlooked.  I thought he put in a terrific shift today and worked tirelessly against a pretty impressive defence.  I thought Mowbray got his subs spot on today and tried to attack and play on the front foot.  The way Middlesbrough play - long ball and set pieces - going down to ten didn't really have much of an impact on them.  With a touch more luck/quality in the finishing department I felt we would have come away with three points.  Frustrated not to take three points but pleased with the overall performance and ultimately, a point a Middlesbrough isn't the worst result in the world.

Looking at the table - 6 points off the play-offs and 12 away from the bottom three - there's not much to complain about thus far this season.  

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Totally agree.  A lot of Graham's work defensively is often overlooked.  I thought he put in a terrific shift today and worked tirelessly against a pretty impressive defence.  I thought Mowbray got his subs spot on today and tried to attack and play on the front foot.  The way Middlesbrough play - long ball and set pieces - going down to ten didn't really have much of an impact on them.  With a touch more luck/quality in the finishing department I felt we would have come away with three points.  Frustrated not to take three points but pleased with the overall performance and ultimately, a point a Middlesbrough isn't the worst result in the world.

Looking at the table - 6 points off the play-offs and 12 away from the bottom three - there's not much to complain about thus far this season.  

Graham particularly was a god send on defensive corners yesterday - I think we restricted them to less than 5 and i think Graham blocked/cleared three of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

If only Mahoney had stayed, we’d be playing a completely different way now.

He chose to leave unfortunately. Mowbray was desperate for him to stay apparently. He'd be a regular now for the team he supports you'd have thought. Although knowing Mogga and wingers maybe not...

I watched the Quest highlights (Party central round my gaff on a Saturday night) and he was sending in some terrific corners and free-kicks for Brum.  Proverbial wand of a left foot. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He chose to leave unfortunately. Mowbray was desperate for him to stay apparently. He'd be a regular now for the team he supports you'd have thought. Although knowing Mogga and wingers maybe not...

I watched the Quest highlights (Party central round my gaff on a Saturday night) and he was sending in some terrific corners and free-kicks for Brum.  Proverbial wand of a left foot. 

Sorry, it was emojiless sarcasm based on the amount of shit Mahoney gets on here. Mowbray doesn’t play wingers and Mahoney would have gone the way of Tomlinson.

IMHO.