BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Newcastle Away

17 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Great initiative at a time some folk will be a bit brassic after Christmas. 

So to put it in context £10 match ticket, £23 Hotel room = less than the price of a ticket alone for the Leeds game so I'm happy with that! 

Hi ossy.

Where you staying for that price. Cheapest I can see is metro center premier inn. 

I'll travel down for this out of principle instead of the leeds game. Don't like the feeling of getting mugged off. 

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ll give a prediction, the Charity Shield will be moved abroad over the next few years...

I think that’s a good shout. The PL took on the FA and won. They should be able to step over Team Wembley.

17 hours ago, RV Blue said:

What’s the best way to get up there on the train?

The last two trains from Newcastle to Carlisle are a party trains.

They are policed and I've been told alcohol on the last one is banned - such is the reputation.

That said, we had an absolute riot after the last Rovers/Newcastle game. A great laugh. Felt like we'd been in the carriage for like a whole day. All good humoured but loads happening.

Worth it for a day out on it's own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

Hi ossy.

Where you staying for that price. Cheapest I can see is metro center premier inn. 

I'll travel down for this out of principle instead of the leeds game. Don't like the feeling of getting mugged off. 

I was going to ask that too. Premier Inn in Manchester was priced at £120 a night last weekend (albeit last minute) - Needless to say I took the £40 taxi option.

£23 for a Saturday night in a big city? - that's a crack den price. ??

Edited by Husky

Northern will continue their nonsense as long as they are allowed to get away with it which will be indefinitely seeing as this typical Tory govt don't give a rats arse about anything happening outside of the London elite and their Euro pals.

This firm are just penny pinching to ensure their is enough to pay their dividends and are allowed to get away with it by their capitalist pals

NORTHERN FAIL

Anyway back to the game my barcode pal is more bothered about their U23's side beating the makems in the Checktrade Farce than losing to Rovers lol

Newcastle 1   Rovers  2

If they've kicked off with 3000 allocation then they'll definitely be allocated in the gods upstairs. They won't have 3000 away fans pitchside. Infact I think that police/safety bods don't allow it there as that's why away fans are still upstairs when a Premier League rule says away fans should always be pitchside. They're the only club that got special dispensation as everyone else has had to introduce it.

If however we don't sell very many e.g. only 1000 and Newcastle only shift 30,000ish then it wouldn't surprise me nearer the time for them to move away fans down to the bottom corner where they can be easily accommodated without needing to open the upper tier.

I would however expect us to sell at least 1500 at that price, probably 2000, and Newcastle could well turn up in their droves at that price even though they didn't last time in the cup.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If they've kicked off with 3000 allocation then they'll definitely be allocated in the gods upstairs. They won't have 3000 away fans pitchside. Infact I think that police/safety bods don't allow it there as that's why away fans are still upstairs when a Premier League rule says away fans should always be pitchside. They're the only club that got special dispensation as everyone else has had to introduce it.

If however we don't sell very many e.g. only 1000 and Newcastle only shift 30,000ish then it wouldn't surprise me nearer the time for them to move away fans down to the bottom corner where they can be easily accommodated without needing to open the upper tier.

I would however expect us to sell at least 1500 at that price, probably 2000, and Newcastle could well turn up in their droves at that price even though they didn't last time in the cup.

I was in the Rovers store today and was told that whilst the initial allocation is 3000 there will be another 3000 available should there be the demand. Does that stand in the clouds hold 6000?

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was in the Rovers store today and was told that whilst the initial allocation is 3000 there will be another 3000 available should there be the demand. Does that stand in the clouds hold 6000?

Yeah if needed it can go round the bend and into the main stand. Luton had nearly 8000 up there last season or season before.

8 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

How good would that stadium look if they extended the highest bit all the way round?

They were talking about extending it around behind the other goal before Mike Ashley took over to increase capacity to 60,000 but don't think they can extend along the other side as there are a number of listed buildings directly behind that stand. I think it is one of the more impressive grounds in the country, certainly more than other big grounds like Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool, but when I've been put upstairs I struggle to properly see what is going on it is so high.