BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

How the table really looks

I seen this on another forum and thought it gave a more realistic view of the league table.  Shows clearly gaps appearing within the table which simply stakeing teams from 1st to 24th simply doesn't.

I think there is a danger of the top 7 teams running away and securing the playoff if we aren't careful. It literally is make or break time for this season I think.  Just to emphasis my point a little further we are 11 points off top spot and 11 points off the relegation.

How do you all think we will be sitting come mid January. ?  Id be happy to be where we are . 

Next 6 Fixtures

Boro - Brum - Norwich - Leeds - Sheff United - West Brom

1 line equals 1 point starting from the top (44 points) and working down to the Bottom (11 points). 

Norwich

Leeds

West Brom, Middlesboro,

Forest. Sheff united, Derby

Villa

Birmingham

ROVERS

QPR

Stoke

Swansea, Bristol City

Wigan

Sheff Wed,

Brentford, Preston

Hull, Rotherham

Reading, Millwall, Bolton

Ipswich

Edited by Blue n whites

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wasn't expecting the play offs this season. Next season maybe. Lets not try to run before we can walk.

Totally agree we should be realistic. As i said id be happy to stay where we are. But there is no promise we are gonna be better next year or the year after that. If that was a given every team would be consistently improving.

My only point was I think the table set out like this is quite eye opening.  Looking forward to tomorrow. I'd settle for a point. COYB

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Points total for the team in 6th in the last ten seasons in the Championship:-

75, 80, 74, 78, 72, 68, 75, 75, 75, 70. (AVG 74.2)

We're on course for about 67 points at current rate (1.45 ppg) so probably about 8 points short of what we would need in order to finish 6th. 

Good analysis that. Looking at the fixtures we've had probably the easier half of the season so far too. Still got to play most of the clubs above us away.

Realistically finishing top half would be a very good season. Then it's all about how we recruit over the summer. The reality is we will need to pull together a high quality squad with real togetherness to make a real promotion push. The odds, like all clubs without parachute payments, will be against us. Hopefully Venkys can help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Points total for the team in 6th in the last ten seasons in the Championship:-

75, 80, 74, 78, 72, 68, 75, 75, 75, 70. (AVG 74.2)

We're on course for about 67 points at current rate (1.45 ppg) so probably about 8 points short of what we would need in order to finish 6th. 

Would take that for sure

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

The top (Norwich) are only on 40 points. 

You are correct. Honestly don't no what I was looking at. Must of been goals scored. If it isn't that I've no excuses. Lol. 

Traveling back home after boro. Gutted. Massive chance blown to get all the points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue n whites said:

You are correct. Honestly don't no what I was looking at. Must of been goals scored. If it isn't that I've no excuses. Lol. 

Traveling back home after boro. Gutted. Massive chance blown to get all the points.

You just saw into the future, that's all. 

Good atmosphere at the Riverside today?

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

The top (Norwich) are only on 40 points. 

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

You just saw into the future, that's all. 

Good atmosphere at the Riverside today?

It was actually. 5 year old daughter has finally got the were on our way back lyrics nailed. To the point where she's humming it and singing around Edinburgh Xmas market.  Just back now so where absolutely shattered. 

• Like 2