BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Birmingham-Saturday ,December 15th

Hell's teeth it's rough out there today. Not so bad if you are a millionaire chasing a bag of wind about, but not very nice for the faint hearted ordinary mortal lounging on pile-inducing cold plastic seats at the mercy of the vile elements. 

Benni would have been be-gloved and buffeted, Shefki would have been soaring like a soiled battering ram, and Garner puffing on park drive a plenty at every opportunity.

As for the current crop, let's just hope they don't freeze in front of goal. Stick it to em, ye  mighty blues! 2-0 Either way methinks..

• Backroom

2-2, then.

Mowbray needs to be careful. Letting the fans down like this repeatedly will become almost as insidious as losing matches. We're already at the point where unless we're 3 or 4 goals up we can't trust the team to see the game out. That's not a situation that can continue for long.

• Like 3

Absolutely sickening. This has happened many times now but this is crossing the line. We have no defensive bottle. None. For all the other qualities the team has, we are helpless defensively.

The biggest challenge this next month will not be the results on the pitch - with this squad the rollercoaster will just go an as usual. The biggest challenge is convincing our owners we need serious defensive changes in the transfer window. Nothing less. If we don't have at least half a decent defensive base from which to build the team, it's all for nothing. It is critical that we get a new defense, because this one has shown without a doubt they have no bottle.

So effing predictable it’s untrue. How many do we need to be clear by before we can see out matches? 4 maybe?

Lenihan, Smallwood, Bell, Nyambe and Raya (obviously) all poor for me. 

Fuming. And please for the love of God can no wally come on here saying ‘I’d have taken a point before the match kicked off.’

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

5 hours ago, Silas said:

My daughter was born about halftime during the match in 2014. (1-0 Marshall).

Midwives were not too impressed when they put a newborn in one arm, while I had phone in other checking the score.

Was always quite impressed that my only kid came into the world during a Rovers win. Cos in that period the odds of that happening were slim. 

For that nostalgic, emotional reason I'm going for another tight win today. 1-0 or 2-1.

I heard you the first time ?

We won't do anything of note in this league if we're chucking away points v 10 men last week, and against a team that looked devoid of any belief and as though they couldn't wait to get off the pitch and go home this week. 

We should have seen this out as a comfortable 2-0 victory.

Raya - best staying on your line, never did Friedel any harm. He's won us plenty of points in the last couple of seasons but also cost quite a few goals. Otherwise he'll always have that eccentricity in him and be capable of moments like today, sort of like a lower league Hugo Lloris.

• Like 1