BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Corry Evans

He's always looked a different player when he gets green on although i think the difference in style of play of the international team seems to suit him.

Far far too long he's coasted through the motions here keeping warm for his countries games it's ridiculous but if we don't have managers who'll get the best out of him it's no wonder. Now with the options we have it really is time to see the back of this little git for good but he appears very well in at Ewood for some strange reason, every manager through the door follows the same pattern at Rovers and to me it's highly questionable but that's another debate.

However as long as Evans is here he'll get used no matter how many better players are in front of him and he'll continue to appear to be managed around his internationals.  

As always imo it's down to piss weak management at first team level.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

He wants to be there is my guess.

We're just a pay day for him, I don't think I have ever seen a player go through the motions as much as this guy.

He just plays within himself for us. One of those guys who if he worked in industry he'd always be stood by the time clock at 4-25 pm. Ready to go, first in line to clock out every night. We've all worked with them, their heart isn't in the job but it pays the bills.

• Like 2

He's out of contract the end of next season so he will probably put in a handful of good performances at the end of this season and the beginning of next. Because let's be honest he is now incredibly in his seventh season at the club and he has only ever put a run of good performances together when he needs a new contract.  

• Like 4

Obviously I have a slightly biased opinion, but he's certainly not as bad as some seem to think. He was excellent at the start of last season for us and (as mentioned) always puts in a shift for NI. Interestingly some of his best performances for the GAWA have came as a defensive right hand side midfielder. If we were to go 3 at the back I'd like to see Evans in that role over benno. 

I just can't envisage him on the right side of midfield here either all i'd expect is every time he got the ball there'd be a slow 3 yard pass back inside or if under pressure turned back to the right back to be hoofed forwards.

Like i said if you want possession based going nowhere football then he is your man.

• 3 months later...

In all the time he's been here iv'e never known Evans go in where it hurts so it's a bad foul or he's had a rush of blood trying to impress Stoke scouts.

Just when we might have been near to parting ways finally and maybe getting a fee this happens. Bad do for the lad either way and it sounds like a lengthy spell out.  We are now destined to have him forever i think so not to worry, when he comes back he'll be like a new player....... but in the meantime we can gauge whether we'd really miss him or not.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peteb2014 said:

I think this could be the end for him to be honest if he has a fractured skull only have to look at Joe Mason recently to see its not something that is easily recovered from.. I think he is a lot better than a lot give him credit for and will be a miss

It does sound pretty bad but a fractured cheek bone is not a fractured skull. Sean Edwards played 75 minutes of a Rugby League Cup Final with a fractured cheek bone after he'd been stiff armed early on in the game.

We're unlikely to see him again this season, I think that much is certain.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It does sound pretty bad but a fractured cheek bone is not a fractured skull. Sean Edwards played 75 minutes of a Rugby League Cup Final with a fractured cheek bone after he'd been stiff armed early on in the game.

Its now been reported that the scans have shown a fractured skull to 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18165751.rovers-midfielder-surgery-fractured-skull/

1 minute ago, Peteb2014 said:

Its now been reported that the scans have shown a fractured skull to 

That's a bad do, It's a shame for the player. Chances were he might have been off to Stoke. We've had no luck with injuries this season. That's three first team regulars plus young Butterworth all out with season ending injuries.

• Like 1

Those injuries sound really horrific. 

"His eye socket was shattered. You could see that when he went past on the stretcher" ?

Wish him well. Will be a very long spell on the sidelines, with I'm sure even longer mental scars. 

Edited by benhben

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's a bad do, It's a shame for the player. Chances were he might have been off to Stoke. We've had no luck with injuries this season. That's three first team regulars plus young Butterworth all out with season ending injuries.

Tony has his excuses in with Pune now - for sure.