BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Corry Evans

On 11/10/2019 at 12:24, Ewood Ace said:

He's out of contract the end of next season so he will probably put in a handful of good performances at the end of this season and the beginning of next. Because let's be honest he is now incredibly in his seventh season at the club and he has only ever put a run of good performances together when he needs a new contract.  

Evans has contract to 2022.

2 hours ago, Peteb2014 said:

I think this could be the end for him to be honest if he has a fractured skull only have to look at Joe Mason recently to see its not something that is easily recovered from.. I think he is a lot better than a lot give him credit for and will be a miss

Depends whether another blow to the face could endanger his eyesight

I've fractured my skull previously and was advised never to play contact sports again without protection. Granted mine was particularly bad and I also had a bleed on the brain.

Severe head injuries can also impact you in other ways bringing on anxiety and other issues.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Broken nose, broken cheekbone, shattered eye socket and a frontal skull fracture - and the Preston guy initially said he didn't even make contact with him.

And the Ref didn't think it was worthy of even a yellow, IIRC.

I'm not suggesting VAR for fouls/cards but when you add 7 mins stoppage time . . . ,

6 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Not even deemed a yellow. And it’s not like he had his head really low.

To be fair, the North End player never saw him coming. At first I thought it was very tame and that Evans was play-acting and overdoing it. Obviously I was horribly wrong. But I still think it was a pure accident.

I wish Evans all the best. What awful injuries we have had this season.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18855401.mowbray-provides-evans-update-explains-holtby-absence

"We'll get him scanned. He's obviously upset because he'll miss a big game for Northern Ireland. It doesn't look a minor hamstring injury I'd have to say.” 

You couldn't make it up!

He's probably been happier than most lately. Does not like having too many fans around.

• Like 1

“Lewis Holtby phoned me at 11.15 on Friday night telling me that he’d got a 38.6 temperature,” Mowbray said.

Yet he was negative for the virus. This is what the current approach is doing to the country.

Either test players regularly and trust the testing process or knock the season on the head. Having one symptom, which could be for a myriad of things, and it ruling players out is a nonsense.

• Like 3