BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Corry Evans

Exactly.

Players on thousands per week sat at home because they 'might' have been in contact with someone who might have it.

Not that I'm saying it's the case here but the piss will be being taken by some. Test them then test them again a few days later.

If clear get back to work sharpish. We've enough backroom staff now. Drag one away from his video screen or drone control and send them round the country PPE'd up testing our players.

In today’s Times 

‘’As soon as I stretched for the ball, I felt it tear. I knew I’d miss the big game”

”a win would help me mentally, it would make every day in the gym worthwhile knowing I have something to look forward to next summer”

Sounds like we need a win for Norn Iron tonight if you are arsed about seeing him get back on the pitch for us this season...

• Like 4

On 09/11/2020 at 07:45, Stuart said:

“Lewis Holtby phoned me at 11.15 on Friday night telling me that he’d got a 38.6 temperature,” Mowbray said.

Yet he was negative for the virus. This is what the current approach is doing to the country.

Either test players regularly and trust the testing process or knock the season on the head. Having one symptom, which could be for a myriad of things, and it ruling players out is a nonsense.

38.6 isn’t high. Tell him take his jumper off. Jesus

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In today’s Times 

‘’As soon as I stretched for the ball, I felt it tear. I knew I’d miss the big game”

”a win would help me mentally, it would make every day in the gym worthwhile knowing I have something to look forward to next summer”

Sounds like we need a win for Norn Iron tonight if you are arsed about seeing him get back on the pitch for us this season...

He really does only care about one thing . We all suspected it even in jest but there it is in black and white. Bye Corry thanks for err  ....

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In today’s Times 

That's were his priorities have always lied, keep fit and get paid by a midtable championship club. Manage yourself around your internationals.

Sooner he's gone the better his injury record isn't going to get any better as he gets older now and we are signing players just to cover his absence. 

Enough.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

In today’s Times 

Let's hope they lose then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

In today’s Times 

Talk about witch hunt - I am sure he will have been interviewed about the NI match - hence the context for his response.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

In today’s Times 

I wish I could go to the gym!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

His comfy existence here should be over now step up to the plate club before country or go elsewhere. Let them pay you 15 grand per week to be carried for internationals.

I mentioned something on the Rovers twitter feed after he'd been pulled by the club and it triggered a load of Irish responses. Most i presume not Rovers fans and they just could not grasp the club before country line at all.  Oh he only plays for midtable championship side anyway was the jist of it.  Somehow i think he's mostly had the same mindset.

Said it a thousand times but that is exactly the attitude here that needs to change from top to bottom. 

A mid table championship side who are paying his wages. Get rid.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

His comfy existence here should be over now step up to the plate club before country or go elsewhere. Let them pay you 15 grand per week to be carried for internationals.

I mentioned something on the Rovers twitter feed after he'd been pulled by the club and it triggered a load of Irish responses. Most i presume not Rovers fans and they just could not grasp the club before country line at all.  Oh he only plays for midtable championship side anyway was the jist of it.  Somehow i think he's mostly had the same mindset.

Said it a thousand times but that is exactly the attitude here that needs to change from top to bottom. 

To be fair this type of behaviour would have been overlooked under previous regime as well. There were several instances of disrespect then. Evans isn't the only one who's had a "suspicious injury record" and you certainly will agree and know who I'm talking about!

No wonder the sharks took advantage. Evans is doing what others have done and will continue to do in future if the club fails to take a "no nonsense" approach.

• Like 1

I don't think he's always faking injury but he's certainly ' declared' himself for a few time for NI.

Obviously means a lot to him but carrying players should be a thing of the past here. Some players will always bend the system so it takes strong management to get a grip of it.

Hopefully that's what's happening here although I'm sceptical on that.

I don't think there's any need to get overly precious about his comments. It would be weird if he didn't see qualifying for a major international tournament as a very big deal, and the prospect of playing in it a carrot for him getting back to form and fitness. As for his injury record - Occam's Razor suggests that the boy is simply injury prone, and misses games for both club and country. 

He's outlived his usefulness, and should be on his way after this season (or in January if there is any interest) but I don't think his interview is out of order at all, personally. 

• Like 2

I have a bit of sympathy for the lad. Unlike many of his 'knocks' or 'tweaks' or 'bruises' picked up in his time here there can be no doubt that his latest setback was a genuine one and he'll be gutted to be missing a huge play off game for his country.

Having said that if they get through to the tournament then he'll have plenty of time to get himself ready for that.

Where do we go from here with him? Tough one for me. Only last year him and Travis had struck up a great partnership in midfield and he was playing well, arguably to the best level he had ever done in his time here. The seemingly endless succession of injuries since this time last year have almost become comical. The one against PNE was a freak and potentially career ending event. He did well to come back from that quite quickly all things considered but then the bizarre ones since then just make you wonder. Is he just soft and looking for these sort of things? Is his body just very fragile and susceptible to knocks more than most?

Given the number of players we have out of contract and loan come the summer we've a hell of a rebuild on our hands coming up. I'm just a little reluctant to add to that exodus bearing in mind what the alternatives may be, but clearly if he is only going to be available for half a season the club may need to form a view on that. The annoying thing for me is I think there is a decent player in there that someone else will get a tune out of.

• Like 3

He's demonstrated where his true loyalties lie in addition to his priorities. It's apparent neither are with us, as we already suspected.

Despite what JHR says, which is a valid point regarding his short pairing with Travis, get shut in Jan when we may be fortunate enough to get a fee.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I have a bit of sympathy for the lad. Unlike many of his 'knocks' or 'tweaks' or 'bruises' picked up in his time here there can be no doubt that his latest setback was a genuine one and he'll be gutted to be missing a huge play off game for his country.

Having said that if they get through to the tournament then he'll have plenty of time to get himself ready for that.

Where do we go from here with him? Tough one for me. Only last year him and Travis had struck up a great partnership in midfield and he was playing well, arguably to the best level he had ever done in his time here. The seemingly endless succession of injuries since this time last year have almost become comical. The one against PNE was a freak and potentially career ending event. He did well to come back from that quite quickly all things considered but then the bizarre ones since then just make you wonder. Is he just soft and looking for these sort of things? Is his body just very fragile and susceptible to knocks more than most?

Given the number of players we have out of contract and loan come the summer we've a hell of a rebuild on our hands coming up. I'm just a little reluctant to add to that exodus bearing in mind what the alternatives may be, but clearly if he is only going to be available for half a season the club may need to form a view on that. The annoying thing for me is I think there is a decent player in there that someone else will get a tune out of.

Good post - I agree with most of it but I'm not as concerned about him joining an exodus of players. If we can use his wages to top up offers to a couple of our OOC players, it'll be money well spent.

On his form, I think he's very rarely been asked to play in a system that suits his game - a ball winner & recycler who leaves getting over the halfway line to more talented players. He never had the legs to play in a 442, and yet that's mainly where he played until Mowbray came along. Our win % when he played with Travis was very good indeed, so there's a player in there when fit and in the right system.

Unfortunately for him, our new style is not that system, as his pretty poor performances this season demonstrate. That, along with his age and dreadful injury record means that we should be looking to phase him out and ultimately, let him go, but in doing so we should see him as unlucky rather than someone looking to dodge games in my opinion. 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

We have davenport who is a better player and is probably on about a fifth of his wage. Don’t let the door smack you on the way out 

We've got less for our money out of Davenport than we have Evans. He's been here over 2 years and has barely featured.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

We've got less for our money out of Davenport than we have Evans. He's been here over 2 years and has barely featured.

I know . It’s ridiculous isn’t it when Evans has been consistently shit and injured for what feels like a decade. Time to get our moneys worth out of davenport and stop throwing good money over bad at this waster

• Like 2

No room for sentiment if you want promotion and lathering another good contract in his direction goes down in the sentimental section now for me. He's been unlucky in many ways but he's been lucky in others like being at a club happy to coast along mostly whilst being one of their highest paid.

If he's a third choice midfielder on money reflecting that fair enough but it doesn't really work like that here with the rotating.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

At the age of 30 its about time that the "player in there" made an appearance. In reality it just doesnt exist. Evans is L1 standard like the country he represents. 

• Like 4