BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Corry Evans

Keep saying it - Rovers simply can't afford players who are unavailable for big parts of a season.

Off the top of my head, I would think Evans has missed 40% to 50% of Rovers' games through injury since he joined us.  I would not bet against him being offered a new contract with Rovers!

Sadly, I think Ayala is another who we will find spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch and we knew about his injury record before signing him! 

Unfortunately, some players are prone to injury and I think Lenihan is another.

It's commonsense when looking to sign a player you should look at his track record on game availability.  Who would buy a car brand / model where statistics showed a high incidence of breakdown!?!? 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Just now, alcd said:

At the age of 30 its about time that the "player in there" made an appearance. In reality it just doesnt exist. Evans is L1 standard like the country he represents. 

When one of the positives is that he's "better than Lowe" it does not say an awful lot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Keep saying it - Rovers simply can't afford players who are unavailable for big parts of a season.

Off the top of my head, I would think Evans has missed 40% to 50% of Rovers' games through injury since he joined us.  I would not bet against him being offered a new contract with Rovers!

Sadly, I think Ayala is another who we will find spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch and we knew about his injury record before signing him! 

Unfortunately, some players are prone to injury and I think Lenihan is another.

It's commonsense when looking to sign a player you should look at his track record on game availability.  Who would buy a car brand / model where statistics showed a high incidence of breakdown!?!? 

Agree but i think Mowbray operates with all this in mind hence the number of mids he's collecting. There's more to it than tactical rotating he's carrying some to compensate the regular absentees.  Look at Trybull he's just Evans mark 2 but probably not even as good but he's there i think to cover Corry.  We all know Tone will play along with the international stuff as well so wouldn't be a surprise to see him keep Evans, not his money after all.

We do seem to have a policy of signing these types and probably because it makes them getable to the likes of us. Can't be any surprise when at any one time there'll always be 2 por 3 missing with just knocks and strains. Plus this seasons workload and summer time off puts extra strain on it. Nobody can help that.

The insurance policies must be high at Ewood though.

I just don't understand the hate here (except that it's from the usual suspects who need a target).

His terrifying injury happened in this calendar year!!  How many of his critics would be bouncing back to work full steam ahead after having part of your face and skull rebuilt?

But Evans did bounce back - his comeback game in June he was MOTM against Bristol City, and scored a goal.

And then fractures his big toe. Now that's apparently his fault because he's "injury prone" and "saving himself for NI"

Really?

CE.jpg

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that everything is rational on here but lets be honest, he has been in and out, and almost symbolic of the last 7 years in which he has been here. A skeptical attitude is totally understandable.

If only you had spelt it correctly (unless you were intentionally merging sceptical with skeletal, in which case the post of the year trophy is waiting ?

4 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

I just don't understand the hate here (except that it's from the usual suspects who need a target).

His terrifying injury happened in this calendar year!!  How many of his critics would be bouncing back to work full steam ahead after having part of your face and skull rebuilt?

But Evans did bounce back - his comeback game in June he was MOTM against Bristol City, and scored a goal.

And then fractures his big toe. Now that's apparently his fault because he's "injury prone" and "saving himself for NI"

Really?

CE.jpg

Very much needed saying.

Quite a few posts on this thread are simply disgraceful.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Was Corry the one who said the fans were annoying or something equally disparaging? 

Quote them. 

Evans allegedly said something disparaging to some Rovers fans at Knutsford Services before a friendly at Port Vale. I heard some derogatory chants at the ground but didn't find out why until later.

• Like 1

People's opinions on Evans are mainly football related and based on the last 7 years.

He isn't a bad player on his day but it's time for the team to evolve. That means moving people on especially in a position that's being increasingly well covered and has badly needed a real upgrade for years.

He's neither good enough nor fit enough on a regular basis to be in the side. That's before any on the NI stuff.

Most of the posts are reasonable enough and the same things have been being said for years. Nobody is picking on him because of his bad injury. Virtually everyone expressed dismay and sympathy at that at the time. But of course the regular MB protagonists chose to ignore it and focus on the negative.

Let's give him another 2 year contract then so they can sleep at night.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

If only you had spelt it correctly (unless you were intentionally merging sceptical with skeletal, in which case the post of the year trophy is waiting ?

Actually, sceptical can be spelt the way Roversfan99 spelt it too.

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Really?

CE.jpg

Are you just spoiling for an argument?

Evans has been injured probably more than he hasn’t, while he’s been with us. This season, he hadn’t even played for us because of injury, but he then made Northern Ireland’s first squad!

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, philipl said:

Very much needed saying.

Quite a few posts on this thread are simply disgraceful.

Please can you provide an example of a disgraceful post in this thread?

Some might say that suggesting we ‘now have model owners’ was disgraceful.

I guess we all have different standards.

• Like 5

He's just not a very good player. Bang average at everything. 

If we're picking a worst 11 of the last 10 years, for the amount of time he has been here, games played and contribution, he's an absolute shoe in, in central midfield. Probably partnering Lowe.

No, I haven't forgotten about Murphy, Etuhu, Petrovic etc. All those were gone as quickly as they appeared.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Please can you provide an example of a disgraceful post in this thread?

Some might say that suggesting we ‘now have model owners’ was disgraceful.

I guess we all have different standards.

He does it for a reaction. Which is strange for such a long standing poster.

As an example on one thread he is calling the Rao’s ‘optimum owners’ and on another he’s liking a post that outlined how the club would no doubt make a total mess of replacing Mowbray - try squaring that circle.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The term hate really needs clearly defining on here for some.

If someone doesn't particularly rate a player going off what they've been paying to watch for years it doesn't automatically mean they hate that player or person.

And quite often it's done to provoke a reaction and invariably the protagonist disappears for a while, probably enjoying the fall out they create.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

And quite often it's done to provoke a reaction and invariably the protagonist disappears for a while, probably enjoying the fall out they create.

Definitely only one of those who pops up after a win. Then trawls looking for something negative to highlight.

Not enjoyed watching Evans play in a Rovers shirt for quite some time now. Make of that what you will.

Even his good performances are thrown aside in my mind because a terrible one is not far around the corner. Inconsistent and imo does not try hard enough. Yes he has had some terrible injuries the past 12 months but prior to that these little niggles and knocks he suffered for us never stopped him putting on a N.I shirt. That doesn't go unnoticed.

At the end of his contract say bye, thanks for the service and good luck with your future endeavours. 

• Like 4