BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds United v Rovers: Boxing Day 2018, 3pm

What’s our tactical plan now they’re 1-0 up? Hoof and hope Dack can take on 5 players to score?

One thing is as sure as heck - I’ll say it once again - get Derrick Williams the heck away from our club.

Terrible terrible first half despite only being 1-0 down. I’ve never seen a side so clueless going forward - embarrassing. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would it? Looked shite there anytime I have seen him 

Look, he’s no great shakes and his attitude is debatable. But he’s a CF who plays on the last man. Not a winger. TM is destroying every young striker we have by shunting them out wide.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, den9112 said:

If i was still playing and played in that first half with Armstrong he would be getting a mouthful of me at half time ...

His body language and application are what annoy me the most. 

If he is sulking because he is being played out of position, Mowbray should see this and drop his ass. 

Can anyone honestly say Rothwell wouldn't be a better option? 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Look, he’s no great shakes and his attitude is debatable. But he’s a CF who plays on the last man. Not a winger. TM is destroying every young striker we have by shunting them out wide.

No doubt, but, in my opinion,a bad attitude is worse than say Williams, who tries but is just shit. 

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

there aren't the first... Nuttall, Antonsson, Samuel all ply their trades as wingers in their short Rovers career.

It's bizzare when you reel off the names. Add Armstrong and Brereton to the list. That's 4 strikers who have played more games on the wing than as striker's. I don't think Nuttall has in fairness 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No doubt, but, in my opinion,a bad attitude is worse than say Williams, who tries but is just shit. 

This message sums us up in a nutshell at the moment BDS! We need better, starting during this second half as one win in eight after this isn’t boding well for 2019. 

• Like 1

The scoreline looks tight but its an embarrassing performance.

Evans is an absolute disgrace in midfield jogging around a bit and doing plenty of pointing. He might as well get in the bath now. Williams as we know is a defensive liability. Bell isn't offering a huge amount.

Of our three attacking players Dack looks up for it today but he's completely on his own. Graham is shot at and nothing Armstrong does seems to come off.

If we carry on like that it's probably just a case of how many. Can't see us scoring unless Mulgrew scores a free kick from distance or they give us a soft penalty.

I don’t get all the excuses for Armstrong, he’s not exactly hugging the touchline. He’s been getting the ball to his feet in the channel, that place where Shearer, Garner and countless forwards we’ve had used to do relish getting it. He’s just shite with the ball.

I actually thought we were doing relatively OK till Williams gave away his weekly goal. They are top for good reason, better players than us all over the park.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

75% possession to 25%, no shots on target ? we could at least try to remember we're meant to be competing today rather than the usual roll over and die performance. 

We were obviously going for  a 0-0 or 0-1. It's vintage Mowbray. 

I see little hope of us turning things around. 

Going it finish 2-0 or 3-1