BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds United v Rovers: Boxing Day 2018, 3pm

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

Kevin Gallagher said "lessons must be learnt". TM has never learned his lesson about the late conceding of goals. If he hasn't by now, he never will. We will continue to concede late goals all the way to relegation.

We did it often last season. It's not just this season. Luckily L1 teams were awful. Didn't we have to delay a promotion party because we lost a lead in the last min?

Just now, BennyBennyson said:

I don't believe I said that

I was referring to it when i said "hysterical overreactions on here". I agree with you it's a worrying trend not being able to hold onto leads but to start throwing out lines about Mowbray being the most tactical manager we've ever had is embarrassing, frankly. 

Again, can we PLEASE not try to find an individual to blame/scapegoat for this debacle. Putting it down to individual errors trivialises some very serious problems. As a team, we piss away points with an alarming number of late goals. 

If you are desperate to lay the blame at the door of a single party, look no further than Venky’s. In their entire wretched tenure, how many defenders have the sanctioned the purchase of for anything above a nominal fee of a couple of hundred grand??? The answer is ONE. Scott Dann in the very silly early days. Since then we have recouped tens of millions from the likes of Jones, Samba, Hanley, Duffy... and kicked to the curb players like Salgado and Givet. They won’t sanction spending on defenders, but they will happily impose a £7 million striker/winger/teenager on a manager who clearly doesn’t want him. All this despite our frailties at the back being blindingly obvious for all to see. 

If only that fat idiot had bought a copy of football manager instead of our football club.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Very good graph Mellor Blue, and tells us everything we need to know! 

Absolutely gutted- as soon as they drew level though, you just knew it was going to happen. It’s like something happens in those last 20 minutes. Is it fitness? Is it lack of an outlet? Is it our inability to manage games? Whatever is, it needs to be addressed, before we end up fighting a relegation battle. 

Just reading Souness's autobiography. 

He said that the Liverpool team who won the League and the European Cup on several occasions drank as much as the other English teams and a lot more than the European opponents - to their astonishment. But Liverpool would often win matches in the last ten minutes  with energy to spare.  

Many were moved to ask how they did it. Souness's answer was simple: keep the ball, make the opposition run around and by 70 minutes  you've won the game. The opposition run out of energy. You don't need amazing skill.  

Plus, secondly, Bob Paisley said, when you've got your foot on their throat, finish them off. If you're winning 3-0, go for 4-0. Show no mercy. 

Obviously, there must be more to it than. But it makes you think. Football doesn't have to be that complicated. 

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17320535.leeds-united-3-blackburn-rovers-2-tony-mowbray-reaction/

“I’d rather talk about the positives of the team, how they dug in, how hard they worked and carried a cutting edge, not just the goals, but we had a chance when Bradley went through, and on another day it’s a different story.”

Make your own minds up but it sounds like more of the same from TM.

If he’s right then Leicester and Palace really shouldn’t have even bothered against City.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17320535.leeds-united-3-blackburn-rovers-2-tony-mowbray-reaction/

“I’d rather talk about the positives of the team, how they dug in, how hard they worked and carried a cutting edge, not just the goals, but we had a chance when Bradley went through, and on another day it’s a different story.”

If he’s right then Leicester and Palace really shouldn’t have even bothered against City.

Yep. Worrying those quotes. Please don’t start to alienate the fans with bullsh*t interviews Tony as us Rovers fans have become very proficient in seeing through them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. Worrying those quotes. Please don’t start to alienate the fans with bullsh*t interviews Tony as us Rovers fans have become very proficient in seeing through them.

What do we want him to be saying? Not on the wind up genuinely curious. If he starts to admit there is an issue with us not seeing out games does it get in the players heads and they become more nervous? 

15 minutes ago, benhben said:

We did it often last season. It's not just this season. Luckily L1 teams were awful. Didn't we have to delay a promotion party because we lost a lead in the last min?

Away to Bristol Rovers a 93rd minute equaliser. There were also a couple others games towards the end of the season where we got lucky, MK Don's missed a sitter in the last minute and how Southend didn't score in stoppage time I will never know. It's not something that has just happened this season but it is costing us more this season as teams have the quality to make us pay. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sounds like it could have come from Steve Kean. I mean that as well. Delusional comments considering our current run of form and statistical inability to stop goals from going in towards the end of matches. 

I used to appreciate Mowbray's honesty, but if he keeps this up then he just joins the long list of bullshitters that spend their interview time talking to India rather than Blackburn.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

The same planet Leeds fans live on. During the summer they got a far far superior manager to the Fulham guy.

Are they delusional? Or did they go all out and go big?

We're a million miles from Leeds mate, in terms of setup. Venkys are totally reliant on the manager. They won't have the balls to get rid of Mowbray even if it was the right thing to do as who the hell are they going bring in? 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Sounds like it could have come from Steve Kean. I mean that as well. Delusional comments considering our current run of form and statistical inability to stop goals from going in towards the end of matches. 

I used to appreciate Mowbray's honesty, but if he keeps this up then he just joins the long list of bullshitters that spend their interview time talking to India rather than Blackburn.

Delusional comments from Ipswich ..? 

5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

What do we want him to be saying? Not on the wind up genuinely curious. If he starts to admit there is an issue with us not seeing out games does it get in the players heads and they become more nervous? 

Pretty much that to be honest. I appreciate the real head banging needs to go on behind close doors but the laughing and joking with Bielsa and lack of fire post match don’t sit right with me.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

I think there’s some confusion on here between the meanings of responsibility and accountability.

Who’s responsible for conceding two in the last four minutes: the two centre halves who should have dealt with both crosses, neither of which were from especially dangerous positions, and particularly Rothwell for criminally giving away possession.

Who’s accountable for the long term trend to concede late: the manager. To solve the problem I feel we need a 6’5” veteran centre half and a better left back. January would be nice.

Second half was much better than the first till that point. Smallwood for Rodwell added a lot of energy and pressing. Rothwell’s one attribute of running with the ball got the free kick but, beyond that, I don’t see him as a central midfielder: extremely one-footed and gives it away far too much in critical areas. I think he’s here as Dack’s stand-in. 

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pretty much that. Appreciate the real head banging needs to go on behind close doors but the laughing and joking with Bielsa and lack of fire post match don’t sit right with me.

What you want him to do ..f''king nut him and put him on the floor ..infront of everyone ..? ..or maybe do it behind closed doors …….

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pretty much that to be honest. I appreciate the real head banging needs to go on behind close doors but the laughing and joking with Bielsa and lack of fire post match don’t sit right with me.

He's just not that guy though is he rightly or wrongly, don't expect that out of him.