BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds United v Rovers: Boxing Day 2018, 3pm

13 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Fair enough. It wasn't a dig out or anything it's just for a good few weeks now it's felt far to comfy at Rovers. Everyone's good mates and there's plenty of "banter".

I don't think this manager will be the guy to take the club to the next level. Even if he had lots to spend every transfer window. He doesn't have that ruthlessness about him to win at all costs.

If I was given a choice now of ditching these owners for a group who have enough money to run the club but not 10s of millions to give in transfers but they had a genuine plan and ambition then I would do.

But that also goes for the manager. There are definitely better managers out there now for free who would get more out of this group.

Conceding in the last 15 minutes of games consistently should be criminal at professional level and it's down to tactics, attitude and fitness. All of these start at the manager. 

It's just bloody frustrating as I don't think there's is a massively stand out group of teams in this league. Correct ambition would get us promoted.

I'm not one to feel eternally loyal to someone. I appreciate last season from the manager but the same errors are happening to many times.

I agree with you on the most part. However Mowbray isn't going anywhere with the current setup at the club. We're in a Kean type situation again where the Manager is running the place and Venkys are totally reliant on him. Luckily TM is far more capable than that rat. 

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think we are being particularly competitive but I can see how Mowbray might spin in.

My biggest issue with today is just how mentally weak we are. That is where someone like Warnock would have you on your toes. I don’t expect he’d be offering out Werther’s Originals with a shrug and a “It was always going to be a tough ask t’day, lads. Keep your heads up”. Your concentration levels would be razor sharp for fear of having something thrown at you.

Team spirit will get you so far then you need superior players and you build that team spirit back up. You don’t stick with the same bunch of lads out of loyalty. That’s not what professional football is - more’s the pity.

Mowbray is as tough as Warnock behind the scenes im sure . In fact proved  when he dropped these two chancers v Villa in a game we needed to win. A decision that could quite have easily cost him job Stuart . What he says in front of the cameras is nothing what he says off it .(.pic courtesy Howiefive0)

20170429_131849.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Mowbray is as tough as Warnock behind the scenes im sure . In fact proved  when he dropped these two chancers v Villa in a game we needed to win. A decision that could quite have easily cost him job Stuart . What he says in front of the cameras is nothing what he says off it .

He's no Warnock when it comes to on the pitch though. If we had a manager like him then we would be in the play offs.

49 minutes ago, DE. said:

Sounds like it could have come from Steve Kean. I mean that as well. Delusional comments considering our current run of form and statistical inability to stop goals from going in towards the end of matches. 

I used to appreciate Mowbray's honesty, but if he keeps this up then he just joins the long list of bullshitters that spend their interview time talking to India rather than Blackburn.

What on earth makes you think interviews five mins after the whistle are a) in any way thoughtful, and b) for the benefit of the fans anyway? Managers hate them because they are still consumed by the emotions of the game and will say whatever they feel is best for the dressing room, rightly so IMO.

At the fans’ evenings, Mowbray seems more than willing to talk openly and honestly to the fans, maybe too much so.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Missed opportunity. When Dack leaves we will look back on this season and say we should have spent the Brereton money on a decent centre half to partner Mulgrew. 

100%.

That signing and the absence of other reinforcements that were claerly required smells of more of the same old Venky s***...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Mowbray is as tough as Warnock behind the scenes im sure . In fact proved  when he dropped these two chancers v Villa in a game we needed to win. A decision that could quite have easily cost him job Stuart . What he says in front of the cameras is nothing what he says off it .(.pic courtesy Howiefive0)

20170429_131849.jpg

Saw that photo closer to the time. Didn’t know that you took it. Do you work at the club?

You may well be right that his public persona is toned down but I still don’t think he is anything close to Warnock in private either.

32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This is what these results do to the team...

Devastating.224EE34E-9DB2-4361-9C89-759D123A94CB.thumb.jpeg.6121c862cc904f2478de344b19094950.jpeg

Talk of us “competing with teams” after a loss are straight out of Mowbray’s football handbook. It starts to sound hollow after a while.

With Kean and Coyle it was easier in some ways because they were despised. Tony is still liked by Rovers fans and, I expect, the players too.

What does it do to the fans?

I don't know about you guys, but normally you'd celebrate a last minute goal like it could be the 3 points stolen. But I was still filled with dread after our free kick went in and the clock ticked past the 90.

• Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

What does it do to the fans?

I don't know about you guys, but normally you'd celebrate a last minute goal like it could be the 3 points stolen. But I was still filled with dread after our free kick went in and the clock ticked past the 90.

I never had any faith that we would see out stoppage time for 3 points and when I looked and saw there was 3 minutes left after they equalised I feared the worst. I said when the players we celebrating like mad when we scored I wouldn't celebrate just yet we've got all of stoppage time to go. Sad. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Fair enough. It wasn't a dig out or anything it's just for a good few weeks now it's felt far to comfy at Rovers. Everyone's good mates and there's plenty of "banter".

I don't think this manager will be the guy to take the club to the next level. Even if he had lots to spend every transfer window. He doesn't have that ruthlessness about him to win at all costs.

If I was given a choice now of ditching these owners for a group who have enough money to run the club but not 10s of millions to give in transfers but they had a genuine plan and ambition then I would do.

But that also goes for the manager. There are definitely better managers out there now for free who would get more out of this group.

Conceding in the last 15 minutes of games consistently should be criminal at professional level and it's down to tactics, attitude and fitness. All of these start at the manager. 

It's just bloody frustrating as I don't think there's is a massively stand out group of teams in this league. Correct ambition would get us promoted.

I'm not one to feel eternally loyal to someone. I appreciate last season from the manager but the same errors are happening to many times.

Who, that would come here and do a job within our budget?

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I never had any faith that we would see out stoppage time for 3 points and when I looked and saw there was 3 minutes left after they equalised I feared the worst. I said when the players we celebrating like mad when we scored I wouldn't celebrate just yet we've got all of stoppage time to go. Sad. 

When we went 1-2 up I was delighted with the inevitable draw. What we managed to do makes me very annoyed. 

Just now, davefarnworth said:

Mark Hughes is out there. Totally peed off with Mowbray. Did a good job last year in a poor league. How long do we want a manager who kisses up to the Lunes?  

Hughes is finished as a manager, anither who never reached the heights elsewhere as he did with us.  He did ok at Fulham I think but has been a bust everywhere else.

Don't be kidded by the scoreline.

I think we were woeful.

Thankfully, Leeds were not at their best.

No game management, can't defend, sterile going forward, no intensity and no pace.

Leeds could have doubled their score.  In the first half, on at least two occasions, the distance between our defence and midfield was frightening.

IMV, so many of our players are simply not good enough.

Immediate improvement could be made by starting Reed in centre midfield and also starting with Rothwell - impressive whenever I see him and loved the way he tried to drive at Leeds when he came on.

Been saying it for a while, do not think Mowbray's the man to take us forward.  Wouldn't trust him in the market having seen him, IMV,  waste almost £10million on Brereton and Armstrong.

Get a new man in, see if there's any club desperate enough to give us £15million for Dack and start plugging the gaping hones with that.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/december/lessons-to-be-learned---mowbray/

"Today, they threw (Pontus) Jansson up top and god knows why we ended up taking our strikers all back and leaving nobody up front to get hold of the ball or draw fouls.

The quote above is from Mowbray post match. I find it incredulous that he, as the manager allowed this to happen without shouting to the players concerned to get up the field. I honestly wasn't going to be critical of him today as I thought we played well with some real positives but reading that nonsense has just irritated the life out of me and once again gives me cause to question Mowbrays managerial ability. We are going to be in a dogfight which was the real fear of some of the regular posters on here.

• Like 1