BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds United v Rovers: Boxing Day 2018, 3pm

Must admit I’m astonished shifted more than 1,000 to this. Great effort considering its £40 and the trains don’t run.

We are a funny old fanbase. I remember in the same week we took 4,500 to feyenoord then 400 ish to Everton. Sadly over the years the latter is more common.

As have a fair few Leeds fans as mates I’ve enjoyed Leeds away over the years. One thing they hate is the very comparable honours record. As proudtobeblue&white mentions leagues 3 vs 3, fa cup 6 vs 1, league cups 1 vs 1, European honours 0 vs 2. I know I have them on the ropes when they start including a European cup for some reason they feel entitled to (forget why). Little old Blackburn rovers vs the mighty Leeds United. I’ll defo bring it all up again.

Then I’ll get well you lot won loads in 1800s (as if in some way they don’t count) to which I’ll say lucky for you there wasn’t a European competition back then as we’d have had 6 European cups as well. Nonsense really but gets them going.

• Like 2

I’d say the 400 was more common, but relegation has really reinvigorated a long dormant away support . We’d have never have taken 2,000 to West Brom or Stoke in the later PL days, plus we generally have close to a 1,000 at every weekend game - again no chance in those days.

I was excited about this away day earlier in the season, on my way (ish) back from Accy on Boxing Day...

But I’ve got to have a personal limit on pricing, just out of principle. It’s a disgrace.

Newcastle made it an easier decision, I expect a decent following for that one.

6 minutes ago, alcd said:

Reed won't be fit to play.

I really couldn't understand keeping him on today when he was clearly injured with what appeared to be a hamstring problem. The same thing happened twice last season with Lenihan (at Southend) and Chapman (at Wigan). Both of them were serious injuries which could well have been made worse by staying on.

• Like 1

Can see a bit of a mini pasting in this one with confidence at rock bottom and injuries piling up. I’ll go for 3-1 which would make it 1 win in 8.

That being said I’d go for the following side - I wouldn’t risk Reed - if he gets done long term then we’re screwed. Not really a fan of 3-5-2 but something’s got to give with this winger sh*te which plainly isn’t working as we don’t have any bar an injury prone/34 year old Craig Conway.

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Nyambe Rodwell Evans Bell

Dack

Graham Armstrong

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Leeds like Norwich have a lovely blend of young British players and some excellent foreign imports. Mowbray's work in  the transfer market is looking increasingly dated 5 or so ago the Championship was a bit of a culture shock for a lot of foreign players but as sides like Wolves, Fulham and Huddersfield in previous years along with Leeds, Norwich and to a lesser extent Forest this season have shown this season that there is good value to be had abroad now and the players can mix it.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Can see a bit of a mini pasting in this one with confidence at rock bottom and injuries piling up. I’ll go for 3-1 which would make it 1 win in 8.

That being said I’d go for the following side - I wouldn’t risk Reed - if he gets done long term then we’re screwed. Not really a fan of 3-5-2 but something’s got to give with this winger sh*te which plainly isn’t working as we don’t have any bar an injury prone/34 year old Craig Conway.

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Nyambe Rodwell Evans Bell

Dack

Graham Armstrong

Evans unfit to play. Mulgrew doubtful. 

We haven't a prayer.

Leeds play football that is inventive and excites.  Will be two very contrasting styles and managerial philosophies on show.

Think the best part of Boxing Day will be dinner after the match.

'Fun' bet of Leeds winning 5-1 at 66/1 doesn't look so ludicrous with our porous defence. 

We'll miss Evans and with no Bennett or Conway again it might mean Rodwell/Rothwell gets a game in MF somewhere. 

I'd try a rigid 4-4-2 and give AA the licence to terrorise their back line with his pace. Dack can have a rest for one game.  

Raya

Nyambe  Lenny  Mulgrew   Bell

Reed Rodwell Smallwood Rothwell

Armstrong Graham

Leeds haven't swept many teams aside recently. At home they've an impressive record but wins usually by the odd goal. 

We know how Mowbray will approach it. Could go either way. A repeat of Derby or West Brom away or Swansea/Bristol City. Depends if we go behind early or can hold firm. Will be a long afternoon either way.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

We'll miss Evans and with no Bennett or Conway again it might mean Rodwell/Rothwell gets a game in MF somewhere. 

I'd try a rigid 4-4-2 and give AA the licence to terrorise their back line with his pace. Dack can have a rest for one game.  

Raya

Nyambe  Lenny  Mulgrew   Bell

Reed Rodwell Smallwood Rothwell

Armstrong Graham

Whilst that’s not a bad side quality wise it really does highlight what pitiful options we have out wide given neither are widemen. How the heck has Tony left us so bereft of wingers?!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Whilst that’s not a bad side it really does highlight what pitiful options we have out wide given neither are widemen. How the heck has Tony left us so bereft of wingers?!

Tony doesn't seem to rate wingers full stop.

• Like 1