BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Norwich 22/12/18

Had the old work party yesterday so not feeling too fresh today. This is my 3rd match thread this year and will undoubtedly be the worst. 

Big game for us to test our credentials. Knowing us we will put in a  good show here. My 1 concern is the deflating manner of the draw last week. I have been on teams where you throw games away and it is so difficult to get the momentum back the next game. Players are looking around blaming each other. Hopefully our tight knit bunch dig deep and put last week to bed. 

From looking at score updates over the season, Norwich love a late goal. This undoubtedly means none of us will have any nails left come 5pm Saturday. 

I am going to go with a heartbreaking 2-2. Their equalizer coming in the 14th minute of injury time after they have hit the post 6 times, the crossbar 9 times and we clear 14 shots off the line. Brereton will also miss a one on one just before they score.

Players who have played for both that come to my mind; the legend that is Christopher Roy Sutton and the legend in the making Benno. 

Happy Christmas Rovers fans :) 

• Like 2

Raya

Nyambe       Downing          Mulgrew           Williams

Reed                  Travis

Palmer                       Dack                         Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Lenihan, Bell, Rodwell, Evans, Armstrong, Nuttall

• Like 1

Think we’ll come unstuck here. Thought they’d perhaps been getting a tad lucky given their team on paper, but I’ve watched them a few times now and they’re a very decent side. Can see us losing 2-1. Like Tomphil says, wouldn’t surprise me to see Rhodes coming off the bench and bagging a late winner.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Nyambe       Downing          Mulgrew           Williams

Reed                  Travis

Palmer                       Dack                         Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Lenihan, Bell, Rodwell, Evans, Armstrong, Nuttall

I like that team, but I would play Evans instead of Travis. 

After a Rovers win my greatest hope is that it is Norwich nil. However given our propensity to concede I honestly can't see that. So I think we will have to score a few goals to win which means being on the front foot from the outset, something I doubt will happen. It looks likely that Graham, Dack or Mulgrew will have to once again come to the fore and get us some goals.

We need to phase out the pedestrian, cautious lack of technical ability approach and develop a forward thinking mobile side. I very much doubt Mowbray will ever think this tough.

Raya

Nyambe Lenhian Mulgrew Bell

Rodwell Reed

Armstrong   Dack      Rothwell

Graham

Subs. Nuttall. Travis. Downing. Evans. Brereton. Palmer, Leutwiler

Edited by benhben

Grant Hanley who has just signed a 5 year deal, is their skipper and the only ex-Rover certain to start is lately of these parts.

Norwich have scraped a few wins recently. Villa, Forrest, Millwall, Rotherham, Bolton are all games they have come back to win from losing positions since mid-October and they scrambled a very late draw at Ashton Gate last week.  

Could be a good moment for their fortune to run out if Rovers take charge and close them out.

However, everybody but everybody will expect a Canary 89th minute equaliser and 95th minute winner... and so do I if I am really really honest.

Elliott Bennett joined us from Norwich around the same time as Elliott Ward did, although Bennett had been on loan at Bristol City up to then. Lambert was bolstering the squad with his tried and tested ex-players who were cheap and he felt he could rely upon.

Travelling up from Norfolk for this one. I see a high scoring game here. Definite both teams to score for any accumulator fans. Going with a 3-3 draw. Rovers 2-0 up at the break and 3-2 up with a minute of injury time left. Pukki to get the late equaliser. 

Hoping Reed plays in the middle for this one. Need him to boss the game otherwise Norwich will pass us off the park. Fast counter attacks needed, so Armstrong must start. 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed Evans 

Bennett Dack Armstrong 

Graham 

Rovers to take the lead  with Norwich to equalise shortly after. Norwich to get two quick goals late on and rovers to snatch a consolation in added time. Jordan Rhodes to do a muted celebration, ben Marshall to dive all over him like they have won the world cup and gloat like a little muppet

Edited by Oldgregg86

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Rovers to take the lead  with Norwich to equalise shortly after. Norwich to get two quick goals late on and rovers to snatch a consolation in added time. Jordan Rhodes to do a muted celebration, ben Marshall to dive all over him like they have won the world cup and gloat like a little muppet

May well be that exact scenario