BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Norwich 22/12/18

We’ll be dogged and keep them at bay, they’ll bring Rhodes on and he’ll bag the winner... On a serious note, we seem to perform better against the sides towards the top end of the division and we’ll definitely give them a game. Score draw 1-1. 

Banker away win this.

Unexpectedly, a great start to season for Norwich.  Keep saying it but momentum and confidence are everything in this league.  Yep, they've scraped a few results but sign of a side going up (bit like us last year). 

We are conceding goals for fun so going for a triple blast - Norwich to win @29/20, Rhodes anytime scorer @ 7/4 and 3-1 score @20/1.  Think it's going to be one joyous weekend (winnings wise)!  

Edited by Mercer

• J*B pinned this topic
55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Banker away win this.

Unexpectedly, a great start to season for Norwich.  Keep saying it but momentum and confidence are everything in this league.  Yep, they've scraped a few results but sign of a side going up (bit like us last year). 

We are conceding goals for fun so going for a triple blast - Norwich to win @29/20, Rhodes anytime scorer @ 7/4 and 3-1 score @20/1.  Think it's going to be one joyous weekend (winnings wise)!  

I'll take the treble on Merce getting it entirely wrong.  Track record says it's a licence to print money.  Lump on.

Only £20 in advance they say. £48 walk on (allegedly) ?

I've already said elsewhere that there's a chance we might not get another point till February.

I haven't seen anything recently to suggest we'll get anything out of this one. Our only chance would be if Norwich don't turn up - and/or get an early sending off.

1-3 to Norwich.

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Banker away win this.

I wouldn't be joyous if we lose, regardless of how much I won. I would never back against us to start with. Doesn't sit right. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd rest Raya,  give the other lad a go. I feel we can do better than Raya, and he's responsible for a lot of unease at the back. If Leutweiller isn't good enough then we need to get a good one in January.  

Unease is a good description. There is something causing the nervousness at the back. I don't think it's Mulgrew, more a combination of Lenihan and Raya. They are panicky, particularly Lenihan. Raya is a great shot stopper and improving every year, but I notice his assertiveness is not where I would like it to be. The best keepers are the boss of their box. He should be barking at everyone, Mulgrew included.

Another recent thing I saw and didn't like was after the Birmingham penalty Gardner ran into him and jostled him, another Brum player squared up to him. Raya looked scared. You cant let the opposition get away with that. Not just Raya, but I was very disappointed not to see some of our other players straight over giving it back to the Birmingham players. We looked like wimps. All led to the tide turning in their favour. Would that kind of thing went on against Sparkys team? You can bet your bottom dollar that it wouldn't have been stood for and rightly so. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Husky said:

Only £20 in advance they say. £48 walk on (allegedly) ?

I've already said elsewhere that there's a chance we might not get another point till February.

I haven't seen anything recently to suggest we'll get anything out of this one. Our only chance would be if Norwich don't turn up - and/or get an early sending off.

1-3 to Norwich.

We’ve only lost 14 league games in total since Mowbray took over, and you think we’ll lose the next 8 on the spin?

Yeah there’s some teams doing well to play, but we won’t even get a point and then Ipswich and Hull are going to beat us at Ewood?

World class pessimism!

I fancy a result against Norwich, Leeds and Sheff Utd. We up our game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

We’ve only lost 14 league games in total since Mowbray took over, and you think we’ll lose the next 8 on the spin?

Yeah there’s some teams doing well to play, but we won’t even get a point and then Ipswich and Hull are going to beat us at Ewood?

World class pessimism!

I fancy a result against Norwich, Leeds and Sheff Utd. We up our game.

Certainly till almost February which I originally wrote in the Championship thread.

I may have lost my rose tinted spectacles, but what have you seen in the last few games that makes you think we'll be capable of beating those teams at the top? Or even have the bottle to get something from The Den?

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't be joyous if we lose, regardless of how much I won. I would never back against us to start with. Doesn't sit right. 

Whether Rovers win or lose is out of my control.

Long past the stage where the Rovers' result effects my weekend.

If Rovers win and my bets go down then fine (keep on saying, betting on Rovers is a bit of fun - money made elsewhere on betting), if Rovers lose and my bets come in then hey ho, a few more treats for me and the family.  Absolutely nowt wrong with that.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

If Rovers win and my bets go down then fine (keep on saying, betting on Rovers is a bit of fun - money made elsewhere on betting), if Rovers lose and my bets come in then hey ho, a few more treats for me and the family.  Absolutely nowt wrong with that.

Perhaps, but bragging that you are a betting guru or that it will be a joyous weekend when Rovers lose comes across a bit odd to me

Each to their own I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Perhaps, but bragging that you are a betting guru or that it will be a joyous weekend when Rovers lose comes across a bit odd to me

Each to their own I suppose 

Think you need to chill.

Firstly, I've never claimed to be "a betting guru" - it's a bit of a hobby which I enjoy and makes an extra bob or two.

Secondly, I made quite clear that it would only be a joyous weekend "winnings wise".  That is NOT hoping Rovers lose but merely a reflection on what I think might happen in the game.

Absolutely nothing wrong in either what I've said or done.

Enjoy your weekend irrespective of the Rovers' result - there's much more to life than football. 

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think you need to chill.

Firstly, I've never claimed to be "a betting guru" - it's a bit of a hobby which I enjoy and makes an extra bob or two.

Secondly, I made quite clear that it would only be a joyous weekend "winnings wise".  That is NOT hoping Rovers lose but merely a reflection on what I think might happen in the game.

Absolutely nothing wrong in either what I've said or done.

Enjoy your weekend irrespective of the Rovers' result - there's much more to life than football. 

I am extremely chilled. What would suggest that I'm not? 

Well, when you are on boasting about buying boxes of "red" with your winnings, it comes across as blowing your trumpet and reveling in a rovers defeat to me. 

Anyway, as I said, each to their own. Just not for me :) 

1 hour ago, Husky said:

Certainly till almost February which I originally wrote in the Championship thread.

I may have lost my rose tinted spectacles, but what have you seen in the last few games that makes you think we'll be capable of beating those teams at the top? Or even have the bottle to get something from The Den?

Our record, our statistics, and even basic probability.

I'm not saying we'll beat them all or even one but not even a single point until Feb? We've taken many points of people we weren't expected to. We have five points and are unbeaten in the last three games and have played a top 5 and top 10 side. We've only been beaten once at home in well over a year.

You're saying we are going to almost double our defeats from the season over the next couple of months - it's just a bit extreme and I wonder exactly what you've been seeing.

Put us to lose the next 8 games and accumulate the winnings. Put a tenner on. Ipswich and Hull at home odds will make you massively quids in.

I bloody well hope you're wrong! ?

Edited by S8 & Blue

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am extremely chilled. What would suggest that I'm not? 

Well, when you are on boasting about buying boxes of "red" with your winnings, it comes across as blowing your trumpet and reveling in a rovers defeat to me. 

Anyway, as I said, each to their own. Just not for me :) 

Two of my most recent wins on Rovers have come from NOT betting against Rovers!  So stop talking shyte about revelling in a Rovers defeat. 

My recent Rovers' winnings have allowed me to indulge in an extra  bottle or two of a very nice red but certainly not the 'boxes' you refer to.  So again, stop talking shyte.

Just get your facts right before you start having a go at me.

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Two of my most recent wins on Rovers have come from NOT betting against Rovers!  So stop talking shyte about revelling in a Rovers defeat. 

My recent Rovers' winnings have allowed me to indulge in an extra  bottle or two of a very nice red but certainly not the 'boxes' you refer to.  So again, stop talking shyte.

Just get your facts right before you start having a go at me.

Chill out man. It sounds like I hit a nerve. 

Shyte or not Shyte. I don't know any fans who would back against their own team 

Interesting that :) 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

From a Norwich perspective, if they are going up, this should be a no nonsense regulation win.

I looked at their squad before the season started and thought "close but no cigar". I obviously reckoned without Farke doing what he has done.

Big marker game for Mowbray this one.

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

From a Norwich perspective, if they are going up, this should be a no nonsense regulation win.

I looked at their squad before the season started and thought "close but no cigar". I obviously reckoned without Farke doing what he has done.

Big marker game for Mowbray this one.

I had them down as playoff material at best too. I would suggest its a combination of their Farking manager and the fact that many of the preseason favourites have not lived up to hype yet.

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

"Affects"please. 

• Like 3