BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Norwich 22/12/18

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

If Palmer is Chelsea standard I'm from fookin Mars!!!!!

Huddersfield and Derby fans both rated him and they were teams fighting for promotion from this league at the time. TM can’t seem to get a tune out of him. One thing I would say in his defence is every time he’s had a half decent performance he’s been benched the next week. Best if he moves on in January. Perhaps Tony may get an actual winger in, but I won’t hold my breathe. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

We got what we deserved from the game.  There was an inevitability that they were going to score they looked a good, organised and fit team that got stronger as the game went on. Us on the other hand after about 65-70 minutes we looked knackered, it looked like a team of professionals against a team of part timers. It's no surprise that Norwich score so many late goals and that we concede so many.

Again devoid of any creativity in attack, Reed is not a wide man, one goal last week doesn't change my mind that Armstrong is not up to it at this level, why is Palmer coming on ahead of Rothwell who is our player and Palmer will be gone in a few weeks. We are crying out for some natural width, our attacking play is all so narrow and predictable and a good side like Norwich will soon work it out and cope with it easily. It wouldn't be so bad if we had someone like Reed in central midfield who could create something but Evans and Smallwood barely pass forward let alone create something.

As for Brereton what is the point week in week out bringing him off the bench for 10-20 minutes you'd just as well put me on one I'd be cheaper and two I'd be just as likely to score. He's appears clueless what to do with the ball when he get's it and for a big lad he's is eased of the ball very easy. A dud.

All this talk of play offs a few weeks back come the new year we are more likely to be looking over our shoulders at the drop zone and unless some good signings are made I can only see us going one way in the table.

That was terrible, we had it coming all game long.

Get Smallwood out the starting 11 immediately. Turned inside out on numerous occasions, just not athletic or talented enough. 

So poor going forward.

Felt sorry for Nyambe, busted his ass to make something happen all second half then the goal comes from him being out of position.

Thought Bell was excellent today. Everyone else but Nyambe and Bell were poor for me and we got what we deserved.

i want a change of formation more than anything else.

• Like 1

When I see Smallwood and Evans on the teamsheet my heart sinks. Two League 1 midfielders who try hard, but aren't good enough and bring a negative mindset to the play.

We ask too much from our Fullbacks in attack - it's no wonder we get caught out late in games because Nyambe is out on his feet having done the work of two men.

Palmer was really poor again, but he's being played out of position. Much like Brereton and Armstrong. 

Mowbrey really needs to change his formation to reflect his squad or we're always going to struggle.

• Like 2

Totally predictable result - at least I have decent winnings to ease the disappointment.

IMV, an abysmal selection by a manager who has been found out.

Two major decisions the club has got wrong, IMV:

• Agreeing a £7million deal + add ons for Brereton.  Seems the penny has started to drop with more and more fans.  Haven't fancied him at all right from the beginning - to me, it was obvious he had very, very little to offer
  • Giving Mowbray a new contact that runs until 2022 or even 2023.  IMV, utter madness for a tactically muddled manager whose transfer dealings are poor other than the Dack signing.

The warning bells are ringing.  Fortunately, I think we will scrape enough points from remaining games to keep us up.

• Like 4

Ended up missing  today's game but the bbc live stats say they had 2 goals ruled out and we only had one shot on target so we can't have had them under that much pressure? Our home form has been terrible.

Re: Palmer met him after the disabled supporters do  (nice lad) and he said his best position was as a number ten behind the striker. So bearing in mind we already had Dack it strikes me as either poor scouting or he was signed as insurance in case Dack was sold.

Strap yourselves in. Could be a bumpy second half to the season.

Thought we did ok first 60 mins, gave them a good game, had some decent chances but didn’t take them. Then two subs made us progressively worse: Palmer did as expected for a no effort show pony but Brereton’s was the worst sub appearance I can remember - saw a lot of the ball and did the wrong thing every single time.

Their goal had been coming for a good ten mins. Once Reed was knackered we had no chance.

Positives: no-mask Raya, Graham, Reed and maybe Bell.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ended up missing  today's game but the bbc live stats say they had 2 goals ruled out and we only had one shot on target so we can't have had them under that much pressure? Our home form has been terrible.

Re: Palmer met him after the disabled supporters do  (nice lad) and he said his best position was as a number ten behind the striker. So bearing in mind we already had Dack it strikes me as either poor scouting or he was signed as insurance in case Dack was sold.

Strap yourselves in. Could be a bumpy second half to the season.

We did, they broke quickly and had more chances than us, but we had a lot of the ball in the 2nd half. We were playing pretty well until all momentum was lost with the subs. As mentioned above, they were much fitter than us too and we ran out of steam.

Play like we did for much of today's game and we'll be ok. We need more attacking threat and someone else, other than Dack, who can play that killer ball. For when Dack and / or Graham aren't on form. Oh and stop playing strikers on the wings..

2 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

We did, they broke quickly and had more chances than us, but we had a lot of the ball in the 2nd half. We were playing pretty well until all momentum was lost with the subs. As mentioned above, they were much fitter than us too and we ran out of steam.

Play like we did for much of today's game and we'll be ok. We need more attacking threat and someone else, other than Dack, who can play that killer ball. For when Dack and / or Graham aren't on form. Oh and stop playing strikers on the wings..

Thanks. The stats also say we only had 39% possession but I'll believe you!

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thanks. The stats also say we only had 39% possession but I'll believe you!

They had a lot of sideways possession in front of our 10 or even 11 men. We didn’t play our normal pressing game (rightly imo as they were mostly better than us one on one) but sat back and looked to play on the break. 

33 minutes ago, benhben said:

Sadly the league table now probably reflects what our performances have deserved this season. I wouldn't say we are any better or worse now than when Mowbray took over. Our best player is also on loan  

More worryingly is Dack seems to have completely gone off it  

I hope this is a joke???? We are no better now than under Coyle?! Jesus wept.

Fought hard today and made a good side work very hard.

Reed was excellent. We need to buy that lad next month if we have any kind of ambition.

Nyambe was very good (second only to Reed for MOM)

No surprise both were knackered the last 10. These 2 really put a shift in today.

Then we had Palmer who is absolute crap. I can’t actually believe he was brought on as he should be nowhere near our first team. His contribution was losing the ball (as usual) three or four times. The first almost cost a goal and he didnt even put any effort in to get back, just trotted back like a fancy Dan.

He also managed to play a terrible pass pushing Brereton too wide when it should have been a certain goal effort.

Must go back next month.

Brereton seems a bit weak for this mens league.

Graham held up a few balls today like he was a rock.

Chalk and Cheese. Man and Boy.

• Like 3

Thought we played pretty well against what is a much better side than us all over and were caught by a good but avoidable goal.

Graham has to score his header at 0-0 although he has enough credit in the bank to get away with a few missed chances. He was also absolutely magnificent today.

We also had a lot of openings that ended in poor crosses. We’ve played worse against QPR and Brentford and won the game.

Armstrong isn’t a winger. Kasey Palmer isn’t a winger. Harrison Reed isn’t a winger. Ben Brereton is a £7 million striker (?) and is even less of a winger than the others.

If, to get the best out of Dack we have to sacrifice others then it’s a case of when we sell and not if. Change of formation is required in my opinion as I’m sick to death of having to watch Evans Smallwood AND Reed in the same team at home every week whilst exciting players sit on the bench. 

EDIT: Clapping Rhodes when 1-0 down in added time was the most embarrassed i’ve been at a football match. What a weird thing to do.

Edited by Guest

At some point mowbray has to pull up the anchors and just bleeding try to be adventurous. As soon as I saw Evans and Smallwood I knew it would be a hard day. Bear in mind the reason we turned sheff wed so well was having an actual winger in Conway instead of a striker that can’t play there in Armstrong we may have well as raised the white flag, played for a point like derby and West Brom previously and got undone. 1 shot on target in 90 mins at home is questions must be asked time. So frustrating as I genuinely feel with a bit of ambition, a formation that works with the team and more astute in the transfer market and we would’ve had a real good chance at cracking the playoffs this year, as it is we are more concerned with relegation 

• Like 1