BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Norwich 22/12/18

4 hours ago, RV Blue said:

The suggestion of Nyambe as a winger is hilarious, he has never successfully completed a cross in his career. He’s been pretty horrendous in the last few games, I’d take him out of the firing line for a while and play Bennett right back. There’s a good player in Nyambe somewhere and I think it’s easy to forget how young he is, a rest would do him good.

He's been out for half the season does he really need any more rest time mate?

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Nyambes final ball still needs work but the break down the wing and pull back that should have led to a goal in the first half was brilliant.

I thought he and Bell looked our most likely route to goal 

• Like 3

The game against Norwich  highlights the Rovers lack of strength in depth as subs Brereton and Palmer are not up to it and our lack of a proper centre half leaves us exposed at this level Lenihan is a converted defensive midfielder and Williams a left back, also a central striker who can come on and replace Danny Graham when he tires, Elliott Bennetts energy and commitment were also badly missed.

1 hour ago, rossyrover said:

The game against Norwich  highlights the Rovers lack of strength in depth as subs Brereton and Palmer are not up to it and our lack of a proper centre half leaves us exposed at this level Lenihan is a converted defensive midfielder and Williams a left back, also a central striker who can come on and replace Danny Graham when he tires, Elliott Bennetts energy and commitment were also badly missed.

I think our first 11 is lacking, say nothing for the bench.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Nyambes final ball still needs work but the break down the wing and pull back that should have led to a goal in the first half was brilliant.

I thought he and Bell looked our most likely route to goal 

Yep, I had Nyambe and Bell as the best two players for us on Saturday.

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're hardly Brazil.

Also Leitner had to be subbed because he injured himself trying to crock Graham. 

They're third highest scorers in the division so they're clearly doing something right. 

As far as being aggressive I doubt we were being deliberately combative, probably just clumsy. 

8 hours ago, rossyrover said:

It highlights how bad we were in the transfer marker this summer. 

Agree on Bennett.

9 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yep, I had Nyambe and Bell as the best two players for us on Saturday.

Agree. And boy do we ask a lot of our full backs!

Armstrong cut inside well and had a decent shot in the first couple of minutes... might as well have subbed him off after that. Their right back had him in his pocket from then on, and just comfortably didn’t let him cut in again.

I thought Reed had a good game, and once again all his good work is done when drifting in the middle of the pitch rather than wide areas. I think we are absolutely wasting him not playing him in the centre. He is always an outlet there, unlike Evans or Smallwood. He certainly more than matches the two of them with work rate and ball winning as well.

So we are left with two full backs, expected to bomb up and down the wing all game. when we did actually attack with some width we looked dangerous. Nyambe in particular got in some good positions, but we often lack a target for them in the box with Graham busy doing a lot of his good work deeper. They are always doubled up on when either attacking or defending and proper wide players would help them no end at both ends of the pitch.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

So we are left with two full backs, expected to bomb up and down the wing all game. when we did actually attack with some width we looked dangerous. Nyambe in particular got in some good positions, but we often lack a target for them in the box with Graham busy doing a lot of his good work deeper. They are always doubled up on when either attacking or defending and proper wide players would help them no end at both ends of the pitch.

Everyone can see it. Except the manager. 

• Like 1