BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Norwich 22/12/18

49 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I excuse him as he was a credit to himself today. Tried more than anyone last 10 to get us in he was fucked....walks past defenders and I cannot fathom why we dont put him up as an attacking player and get a proper rightback

Probably because he can't cross a ball mate. His distribution is pretty diabolical.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I excuse him as he was a credit to himself today. Tried more than anyone last 10 to get us in he was fucked....walks past defenders and I cannot fathom why we dont put him up as an attacking player and get a proper rightback

Something I've felt since I first saw him there's a good player in there somewhere but I don't rate him much as a right back even though admittedly he's improved a bit. He could possibly be a quick powerhouse right sided attacker maybe.

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Something I've felt since I first saw him there's a good player in there somewhere but I don't rate him much as a right back even though admittedly he's improved a bit. He could possibly be a quick powerhouse right sided attacker maybe.

Not good enough final product or decision making. When he had that “shot” after busting through near the end, when rolling it across the box was the simple choice - sums up Nyambe, he isn’t the finished article at all though (also only 20).

First reflective thought this morning is “didn’t evans play well?” 

Worked hard, was needlessly booked and at times showed real clever touches and passes, on top of breaking the game up and harrying the oppo.

If we sign a right winger - Reed/Evans might be the pairing in the middle to see us take that next step up.

Unlucky not to get anything from that game if I am honest. It was always going to be a tough one.  Looks like Norwich have that special something at the moment winning games when things are not looking like it.  Thoughts from the gaffa, and opposition fans Harvey Monk & more.... p.s. I am on a boat. 

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Decent full backs are something we have missed for a long time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Not good enough final product or decision making. When he had that “shot” after busting through near the end, when rolling it across the box was the simple choice - sums up Nyambe, he isn’t the finished article at all though (also only 20).

First reflective thought this morning is “didn’t evans play well?” 

Worked hard, was needlessly booked and at times showed real clever touches and passes, on top of breaking the game up and harrying the oppo.

If we sign a right winger - Reed/Evans might be the pairing in the middle to see us take that next step up.

Maybe that's something he could develop I know he isn't Josh King in the pace stakes but I've never seen a player caught in two minds with the ball at his feet like he was but he got over it quite well. 

Think yesterday as the other week showed we miss Bennett when he is on song somewhere on the pitch his energy levels are often what helps get the team through the later stages of games and see out a result of some kind.

Desperate for a pacy right winger again imo it would be a really important part of the jigsaw especially with TMs preference of two defensive mids normally starting, something I personally can't ever see him straying away from aside from the odd game.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Maybe that's something he could develop I know he isn't Josh King in the pace stakes but I've never seen a player caught in two minds with the ball at his feet like he was but he got over it quite well. 

Think yesterday as the other week showed we miss Bennett when he is on song somewhere on the pitch his energy levels are often what helps get the team through the later stages of games and see out a result of some kind.

Desperate for a pacy right winger again imo it would be a really important part of the jigsaw especially with TMs preference of two defensive mids normally starting, something I personally can't ever see him straying away from aside from the odd game.

I agree. Nyambe’s strength and pace is frightening and I can see him really becoming a monster in the next few years. He has improved so much from playing consistently.

Also need that winger too for me. If we stick to this formation, need more depth out wide. Do think Armstrong is improving though. Few times yesterday he cut inside to create chances.

• Like 2

The suggestion of Nyambe as a winger is hilarious, he has never successfully completed a cross in his career. He’s been pretty horrendous in the last few games, I’d take him out of the firing line for a while and play Bennett right back. There’s a good player in Nyambe somewhere and I think it’s easy to forget how young he is, a rest would do him good.

Edited by RV Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

The suggestion of Nyambe as a winger is hilarious, he has never successfully completed a cross in his career. He’s been pretty horrendous in the last few games, I’d take him out of the firing line for a while and play Bennett right back. There’s a good player in Nyambe somewhere and I think it’s easy to forget how young he is, a rest would do him good.

Stick him up front..... he’s not a full back but is a good player. All his finishing  he can practice . There’s much more in him

1 hour ago, Biz said:

I agree. Nyambe’s strength and pace is frightening and I can see him really becoming a monster in the next few years. He has improved so much from playing consistently.

Also need that winger too for me. If we stick to this formation, need more depth out wide. Do think Armstrong is improving though. Few times yesterday he cut inside to create chances.

Incredible. He may get an assist one day. Imagine that from a winger. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Likened our match as them playing against a PL team in the cup. What a t*sser. At least our team talk is ready made for the return fixture.

6 hours ago, @roverseas said:

Unlucky not to get anything from that game if I am honest. It was always going to be a tough one.  Looks like Norwich have that special something at the moment winning games when things are not looking like it.  Thoughts from the gaffa, and opposition fans Harvey Monk & more.... p.s. I am on a boat. 

We’re all at sea at the moment too ?

• Like 1