BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Norwich 22/12/18

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Unease is a good description. There is something causing the nervousness at the back. I don't think it's Mulgrew, more a combination of Lenihan and Raya. They are panicky, particularly Lenihan. Raya is a great shot stopper and improving every year, but I notice his assertiveness is not where I would like it to be. The best keepers are the boss of their box. He should be barking at everyone, Mulgrew included.

Another recent thing I saw and didn't like was after the Birmingham penalty Gardner ran into him and jostled him, another Brum player squared up to him. Raya looked scared. You cant let the opposition get away with that. Not just Raya, but I was very disappointed not to see some of our other players straight over giving it back to the Birmingham players. We looked like wimps. All led to the tide turning in their favour. Would that kind of thing went on against Sparkys team? You can bet your bottom dollar that it wouldn't have been stood for and rightly so. 

Agree. At the time, I was livid that no Rovers players went over to stick up for their young keeper. A bit of a melee would have slowed the game down, so as not to give them momentum, as well as showing support for your team mate.

As you say, couldn't imagine Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Samba or Savage standing for that.

• Like 1

Fully expecting Rovers to take the lead. Danny Graham Scoring “when he wants” rammed down Rhodes throat (again). And Norwich to equalise late on to ruin Christmas.

75% of BRFCS posters to be disappointed - and disagreed with. “It’s a point gained not two lost”; “we’d have taken that before the game”; “get a grip” as we slip into the bottom half “only 8 points off the play-offs”

Mowbray to tell fans how disappointed he is - and be agreed with - without a hint of irony.

• Like 1

Norwich looking to get back to top sport before Christmas, Rovers trying to get back to winning ways. Could be a few goals in this one.  Hoping we define all expectations and snatch a win despite being out-fancied.  Spoke with Norwich City fan Harvey Monk before the match, catch his opinions, and mine, plus a cheeky prediction from the cat. 

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Secondly, I made quite clear that it would only be a joyous weekend "winnings wise".  That is NOT hoping Rovers lose but merely a reflection on what I think might happen in the game.

l can’t help but think what kind of stick @chaddyrovers would get for betting against Rovers!

On to the game; one of the first real tests tomorrow. A point will be well received without hindsight but I can’t help but think we might catch Norwich cold after going unbeaten for so long.

10 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Not in the slightest bit afraid of this mob. 

Rovers 3-1

Armstrong on Hanley’s shoulder all day.

Well yes, if we can convince Hanley to put Arma on his shoulder all day it will be like finally signing that massive striker we need.

Probably not the most mobile though, and that shoulder will tire pretty quickly.

On Thu Dec 20 2018 at 22:59, Mercer said:

Banker away win this.

Unexpectedly, a great start to season for Norwich.  Keep saying it but momentum and confidence are everything in this league.  Yep, they've scraped a few results but sign of a side going up (bit like us last year). 

We are conceding goals for fun so going for a triple blast - Norwich to win @29/20, Rhodes anytime scorer @ 7/4 and 3-1 score @20/1.  Think it's going to be one joyous weekend (winnings wise)!  

Oh thank fuck! I was nervous about this game until I read that post. Now I can relax knowing a positive result is assured. Thanks Mercer.

Please don't show up in the thread during the match though, saying we have it in the bag etc.

• Like 2

Supporters attending today's clash against Norwich City at Ewood Park should be made aware that part of the M65 is currently closed.

The motorway has been shut in both directions between junction five and junction six at Blackburn following a crash involving a HGV.

A collision happened around 9.30am this morning when the HGV collided with the central reservation on the eastbound carriageway.

1. Diversions are currently in place, so please allow plenty of time for your journey to today's game.

11 hours ago, Biz said:

How many championship teams have we played on the run Norwich are on?

All the teams on a good run near the top.  We've passed a few tests already this season - Leeds at home stands out. We've also failed a few, the Sheff Utd one especially. Away from home the Derby game was a pass. It's the teams below us we've struggled against. 

I think we might miss Bennett's ability to close down and set the tempo today. Still fancy us though as we tend to do well against the good footballing sides at Ewood. If that is what Norwich is of course. If they are a big physical team like Sheff Utd/ Rotherham/Millwall we may struggle.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

All the teams on a good run near the top.  We've passed a few tests already this season - Leeds at home stands out. We've also failed a few, the Sheff Utd one especially. Away from home the Derby game was a pass. It's the teams below us we've struggled against. 

I think we might miss Bennett's ability to close down and set the tempo today. Still fancy us though as we tend to do well against the good footballing sides at Ewood. If that is what Norwich is of course. If they are a big physical team like Sheff Utd/ Rotherham/Millwall we may struggle.

I'm just hoping it's not the same score as last time we played them at Ewood !  I'd take a draw now.

1 hour ago, jodrell said:

Supporters attending today's clash against Norwich City at Ewood Park should be made aware that part of the M65 is currently closed.

The motorway has been shut in both directions between junction five and junction six at Blackburn following a crash involving a HGV.

A collision happened around 9.30am this morning when the HGV collided with the central reservation on the eastbound carriageway.

1. Diversions are currently in place, so please allow plenty of time for your journey to today's game.

Indeed. Rovers have been sending texts out this morning to notify fans.

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Another 7-1 would do me. Them were t'days…

I remember that day well. I was in the shopping centre in Preston buying some lumberjack style shirts (that were all the rage back then). TV screen in Dixons window showing Ceefax football scores. I often watch that Shearer lob on YouTube. 

The closer to kick off we get the more optimistic I feel. 3-2 Rovers. Dack with a brace and Ginger Ninja to bag a screamer. 

On 21/12/2018 at 09:48, Bigdoggsteel said:

Unease is a good description. There is something causing the nervousness at the back. I don't think it's Mulgrew, more a combination of Lenihan and Raya. They are panicky, particularly Lenihan. Raya is a great shot stopper and improving every year, but I notice his assertiveness is not where I would like it to be. The best keepers are the boss of their box. He should be barking at everyone, Mulgrew included.

Another recent thing I saw and didn't like was after the Birmingham penalty Gardner ran into him and jostled him, another Brum player squared up to him. Raya looked scared. You cant let the opposition get away with that. Not just Raya, but I was very disappointed not to see some of our other players straight over giving it back to the Birmingham players. We looked like wimps. All led to the tide turning in their favour. Would that kind of thing went on against Sparkys team? You can bet your bottom dollar that it wouldn't have been stood for and rightly so. 

I was going to mention that in last week's match day thread. It was a bit of a disgrace how they allowed Raya to get shoved around.

It seemed very childish - like - "You've given a penalty away so you're on your own now" . . . .Certainly not in keeping with this 'team spirit' we've heard so much about. Maybe that only exists online?

• Like 2