BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield United vs Blackburn Rovers: 29th December 2018

• Backroom

Well we didn’t expect this 

Team News: SEVEN #Rovers changes, including first starts of the season for Ben Brereton and Lewis Travis. Bradley Dack on the bench.

Matchday Live: bit.ly/2RiEQA1

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Team News: SEVEN #Rovers changes, including first starts of the season for Ben Brereton and Lewis Travis. Bradley Dack on the bench.

Wow!

Graham in the bench too!

Just now, Tom said:

Dack and Graham dropped unbelievable defeat here and questions need to be asked about Mowbray 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Raya

bennett mulgrew lenihan williams 

Palmer Reed Travis Smallwood Rothwell

Brereton

That is one really odd formation. Good to see Bennett back though. Who is behind Brereton? Palmer, Rothwell? Nobody?

Glad that Mowbray has gone for a big shake up. Especially ahead of the window.

Just now, Stuart said:

That is one really odd formation. Good to see Bennett back though. Who is behind Brereton? Palmer, Rothwell? Nobody?

Glad that Mowbray has gone for a big shake up. Especially ahead of the window.

My guess is that it’ll be reed right rothwell central palmer left.

Just now, Tom said:

Really like that line up but worry it’s the wrong game for it and could result in not being as adventurous again, a win would be huuuuuuge

It’s exactky the right game for it imho. No expectation whatsoever - providing he hasn’t done it deliberately to excuse not playing certain players. But don’t think he has.

Several players now need to take their opportunities. Travis, Rothwell, Brereton now have the stage.

• Like 4

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

My guess is that it’ll be reed right rothwell central palmer left.

And Smallwood and Travis just behind Rothwell? Could be.

Let’s hope the players are up for this. Like Tyrone my interest in this game has just gone up a notch.

• Like 1

Delighted Brereton, Travis and Rothwell all given starts - good luck lads, make the most of it and show what you can do.

Do think it's a bit odd though to throw all three in at once in what will be one of our toughest away games.

Dack being 'protected' for transfer window?

Just now, Mercer said:

Delighted Brereton, Travis and Rothwell all given starts - good luck lads, make the most of it and show what you can do.

Do think it's a bit odd though to throw all three in at once in what will be one of our toughest away games.

Dack being 'protected' for transfer window?

Or Dack and Graham protected from injury due to fatigue due to number of matches ?

On his recent performances - if teams are willing to pay stupid money I would let Dack go. Be interesting to see if Rothwell is played as number 10 today or not - he has the pace that Dack lacks - but possibly not his eye for a goal.

• Like 1

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Or Dack and Graham protected from injury due to fatigue due to number of matches ?

On his recent performances - if teams are willing to pay stupid money I would let Dack go. Be interesting to see if Rothwell is played as number 10 today or not - he has the pace that Dack lacks - but possibly not his eye for a goal.

I thought Dack had his best game for a long time at Leeds.

Palmer needs to be in his favoured position of number 10 behind the striker. (BB)  If we line up with BB on the wing and Palmer up front I'll scream.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Tombola Tony strikes! He’s obviously prioritising the home game to West Brom.

Pointless playing Palmer when he’s probably off on the 1st.

Prioritising games in the Championship? Goodness me, I hope not. That would be pathetic.

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I guess that will be the next line of thinking if Dack doesn’t play against West Brom. Don’t think he needs a rest physically but his form has dipped and it will do him good hopefully.

An unlikely win would certainly give Mowbray sleepless nights though.

Interesting that some people think he’s throwing the game. I don’t see it like that. Hopefully the travelling fans get to see an energetic display from our young charges.

Average age of the starting XI today is 24.

366D1D02-73EB-4DC6-8E7F-95EA1B2791AE.thumb.jpeg.3030173eaf657c8b3d02908e68cf5477.jpeg

Average age of bench is 27.

1F6694E4-1374-4539-8747-83B8FBD8255B.thumb.jpeg.fc32ceb5a1ce4bab22ce32f327fba76d.jpeg