BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield United vs Blackburn Rovers: 29th December 2018

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Seems like Travis is having a good game in what is a scrappy one 

Yes he is, seems like the sort of player  who enjoys this sort of game, Palmer putting himself about as well on the attack and back defending, been given a free role to roam?

Edited by perthblue02

Travis is just a ball of energy, he's got the makings of an excellent box to box midfielder.

Brereton's fluffed chance was pretty horrendous, but tbf he has been doing well coming in deep to get and retain the ball and keep possession since then. Hopefully he keeps growing more into this game and has a few more chances.

So far we are matching Sheffield pretty well and this game looks winnable. All of Sheffield's attacks seem to be coming down the left, so we might need to look to shore up that side of the pitch in the second half.

Mulgrew seems to be taking more of a 'lead' role today, maybe something has been said to him by Mowbray, encouraging and leading his team in the first half, particularly continually talking to Travis and Rothwell, giving them encouragement, that's what we want to see from a captain.

• Like 1

Good half. Took some notes.

- Would love a Jack O’Conell in a Rovers shirt

- Travis brining mobility and energy to midfield

- I am fine with either Smallwood or Evans, never both.

- Palmer doing really well, big sting and skillful. Tracking back really well too. Impressed.

- Much better Fromm lenihan.

- if we calm splash 7m on Brereton, I would pay the same for Reed. What a player.

- the left back Stevens for them is a nightmare. 

- Reed is unbelievable, don’t remember a better all round midfielder in a rovers shirt.

- Brereton should have scored but has done well up front. Learned a few arse tricks from Graham by the looks of things.

- Bennett scares the shit out of me. A goal is coming from that side.

- really close a few times on the break, ball just getting nicked at the last minute.

• Like 2

Rovers much much better than I ever dared hope so far.

Rothwell doing well until giving away possession which has happened much too often.

Palmer looking up for it.

Brereton had a nightmare until he beat three in midfield and has done much better in the last ten minutes.  

• Like 1

Interesting half. I’m really liking Reed and Travis with Smallwood behind them in the middle of the field. Rothwell and Palmer showing why they are peripheral to the team; Rothwell does too much and gives the ball away in bad positions, Palmer offering zero support for Bennett, which Travis keeps covering for. Ben started slowly, much like his sub appearances, but last 20 mins has looked really good when coming short for the ball, which gives us a very different approach play.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto