BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield United vs Blackburn Rovers: 29th December 2018

8 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Depends if we wanted to go for a win, played well for 70 mins but imo not a cat in hells chance of a goal coming. Dack a spark of creativity , rather Graham on than Armstrong but still an attacking threat. Palmer had played well but on a yellow, Brererton did ok but didnt look like scoring. 

The sending off changed the game not the substitutions in my opinion

In a game where 0-0 would have been a huge stop-the-rot-success it was a daft move but yes, at a pinch, Graham on for Brereton to keep the bal in their half at least.

Making two changes at that time was not necessary.

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

He went with a brave team who took the game to Sheffield United and then made unnecessary changes. You would think we were at man down at some point in that game such was the capitulation. We went from being in control to an absolute hammering and it was the result of the changes.

You certainly don’t bring off our main striker to bring on two number 10s. Mowbray went from brave to foolish in a very short space of time today.

Think it was more Smallwood being sent off tbh

Just now, Stuart said:

In a game where 0-0 would have been a huge stop-the-rot-success it was a daft move but yes, at a pinch, Graham on for Brereton to keep the bal in their half at least.

Making two changes at that time was not necessary.

Took Mowbray a long while to make those changes. And most of the time, the substitution helps the opposition more than us.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I haven't checked the table in a while. Don't want to. Are Hull ahead of us now? Fuck sake. What the actual fucking fuck 

Yep.

2DEBA6E3-7DDA-4D2C-97E0-E2AED18B8250.thumb.jpeg.a40d8a82c40b5b6ad56ab729d37bae94.jpeg

And Millwall beat Forest today!

We are the only team with manager and fans who will defend an embarrassing defeat and slag off fellow fans who simply want better.

After the next game we could be getting sucked into a real fight. With some very angry fans too.

So 1 half football again from mowbrays men, been happening for a long time this. Gallagher had it right "when are these lot particularly Smallwood going to learn how to manage a game, where to pass and foul, it's basics"

15 minutes ago, philipl said:

70 minutes of solid hard work undone in under 15 minutes.

Terrifying thing about Rovers is the speed with which we collapse. 

Points to lack of character and strength in the playing staff again. 

Boy we need a leader on the pitch.

A playing staff assembled by Mowbray, coached by Mowbray, selected by Mowbray, with tactics set by Mowbray and substitutions made by Mowbray......

The buck stops with the manager.

Can someone tell me what Mowbray's strength as a manager is?

Time some supporters woke up and smelt the coffee.

Boy we need a REAL manager.

Edited by Mercer

If this game finally spells the end of Smallwood as a starter for our club then I'll take the defeat we all expected two hours ago. The shambolic nature of the red even more so appreciated.

I've felt its needed a Smallwood straight red for 12 months as it seemed like the only way to get a break from him... and for him to so obviously cost us a game just makes it more apparent.

I will hold my hands up and say he's done okay over the past couple of months but he is so clearly behind almost all of other midfield options.

Give me any of Reed, Evans, Travis, Rodwell, Bennett, Rothwell, Dack, Davenport, Mulgrew or Lenihan in there ahead of him.

Look ahead to our next 6 fixtures after WBA... Millwall, Ipswich, Hull, Brentford, Reading and Bristol City... Very big matches for us and Mowbray. Win enough of them and it's mid table the rest of the way... struggle and we'll be deep in the battle.

Happy Xmas and New Year.

• Like 2