BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Next 6 Games (January 2019)

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The problems we have are a result of failing to recruit properly last summer, along with the team not being fit enough and not knowing how to see games through. 

I'm of the belief that merely signing a few more players in January isn't going to be a magic wand that sorts all our problems out. 

The stuff we're witnessing at the moment goes way above and beyond personnel. It is fitness, mentality, game management - all not what they should be. The manager needs to inject it quickly or vacate his position for someone who will do.

Again though it was individual mistakes from our defenders that cost us yesterday. It's the same story every week. That well may be a fitness issue because tired players lose concentration. However, signing better defenders may be the answer.

According to the LT today we've conceded the same number of goals under Mowbray at this stage of the season that we did under Coyle last time we were in this league …. with practically the same defence. 

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

WBA - tough game against the league's highest scorers who have won their last 4 away (to bottom half teams). draw

Millwall - They are very good at home (1 defeat in their last 8). lose

Ipswich - Win. 

Hull - draw at best

Brentford - lose. We haven't won in 7 games away from home and have conceded 18 goals.

Bruistol City -They are a decent team away from home so we'll be looking at another point.

6 points would be a decent return considering our current form and the form of the teams we are playing.  

6 points isn’t good enough. Based on your predictions that would also make it 2 wins in 15 games. We have to turn our form around quickly.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

6 points isn’t good enough. Based on your predictions that would also make it 2 wins in 15 games. We have to turn our form around quickly.

It's all relative. 6 points based on our current form is a good return. The caveat being our current form is appalling. 

'Good enough' is also relative. What is good enough will depend on the owners and Mowbray's agreed objectives and targets. If it's survival then limping to safety is good enough. If it's mid-table safety then our current form is now verging on not good enough. If a top 10 finish is the target then Tony could be in for a bollocking soon. 

Given the summer outlay and Mowbray keeping his players the summer before, I think Venky's might be getting a bit concerned by now. It hasn't gone well since Mogga signed his long-term contract. 

Personally I think mid-table is a good achievement for this season. Our form does have to change and change soon for that to be achieved. 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's all relative. 6 points based on our current form is a good return. The caveat being our current form is appalling. 

'Good enough' is also relative. What is good enough will depend on the owners and Mowbray's agreed objectives and targets. If it's survival then limping to safety is good enough. If it's mid-table safety then our current form is now verging on not good enough. If a top 10 finish is the target then Tony could be in for a bollocking soon. 

Given the summer outlay and Mowbray keeping his players the summer before, I think Venky's might be getting a bit concerned by now. It hasn't gone well since Mogga signed his long-term contract. 

Personally I think mid-table is a good achievement for this season. Our form does have to change and change soon for that to be achieved. 

Achievement is all relative too. Time now, midtable will be an achievement. But relative to how games have gone and points we should have on the board, it’s below where we could have been.

Its like everything though, matches, seasons, score lines. The default position when things haven’t gone well is to look at “would we have accepted that before hand?” - it’s loser talk.

Would we have accepted midtable security in the first season with a League One squad? Yes, I expect we all would.

Having spent £10m in the Summer?

Having got off to a decent start?

Having seen Dack continue to be a star performer in the Championship as he was in L1?

Having been 7th in November?

Possibly not.

Now we look like we are in free fall with only one win in nine games and we are hoping to cling on to that midtable spot as we fly past.

But it is still pretty disappointing to watch us throw away so much promise. Especially in the manner we have this last few games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Would we have accepted midtable security in the first season with a League One squad? Yes, I expect we all would.

If you think it's a League 1 squad then how did you expect us to maintain our good start? By your own assessment we were massively overachieving being in 7th. That wasn't going to last with a League 1 squad.

Spending £10m on players that have not improved us is the real crime here. 

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If you think it's a League 1 squad then how did you expect us to maintain our good start? By your own assessment we were massively overachieving being in 7th. That wasn't going to last with a League 1 squad.

Spending £10m on players that have not improved us is the real crime here. 

But that was my point, we weren’t just a League One squad we had £10m to improve it.

The L1 squad + midtable = acceptable was hypothetical. With no other changes/additions.

I think we are violently agreeing here.

• Like 2