BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v West Brom 1 Jan 2019

• J*B pinned this topic
  • Backroom

From what I’ve seen of Saturday Travis and Palmer deserve to keep their places but I worry that the result will make Tony be more reserved although I imagine Travis will play until Smallwood is back 

31 minutes ago, DE. said:

4-0 or 4-1 to WBA. WBA are the highest scorers in the division and our defence is one of the shittiest. WBA concede a fair few goals too so we might get one or two back, but a drubbing here is highly likely. 

Lightening quick Gayle vs. Williams, Lenihan and chums. Gulp.

12 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Gayle and Rodriguez are both our tomorrow.

That’s got to be a huge positive then. Absolutely zero reason not to go at them tomorrow if their two best players are out. Still think we’ll lose mind, but it’s got to be a boost to a deflated team.

Edit: looks like the outcome of Rodriguez’ red will be tomorrow AM. As they’re a big club in the division I’m sure they’ll go easy on him!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Hmmm, Darren Moore, sitting in his favourite comfy chair somewhere not in the Midlands, thinking about tactics for tomorrow's game...

It's going to go something like, "don't break a sweat for 70 minutes, and don't even worry if they've nicked a goal or two.. just wait for their legs to go on 71 mins, signalled by some baffling substitutions from Owd Tone, then just put the foot on the gas and this lot will crumble. We can score five or six in the time it took Norwich to score one, and Sheff U to score three... Simples!"

I can't see Rovers on current form doing anything other than reverting to type, which means we are destined to enter 2019 on a looooow.

Heart says, "C'mon you Blues' Head says, "Just don't embarras us like the past two lie-me-down and roll me in the hay performances"

Raya

Nyambe     Downing              Mulgrew     Travis

Evans                    Reed

Palmer                       Dack                         Rothwell

Graham

Subs:Leutwiler, Lenihan, Rodwell, Bell, Bennett, Armstrong, Nuttall

West Brom away is the last team that we actually played well, at times they struggled to cope with us as we really took the game to them (lets hope we do the same this time). Palmer, Dack and Rothwell were very good but we missed Graham's presence up front and of course Reed put in the performance of the season from central midfield.

I’m not confident or a win or draw. They’re a good team and our confidence is at rock bottom.

I don’t feel we should set up overally attacking against West Brom at home. This isn’t a game for a Palmer, Rothwell or Armstrong to start. We need grafters who aren’t going to be giving the ball away every other pass.

Thrown Downing in there because WBA are a big team and we’re short all over the park.

Raya

Nyambe  Downing  Mulgrew  Williams

Reid   Evans

Bennett              Dack                 Conway

Graham

This team said I wasn’t at Sheff United away apparently Travis was very good. Maybe a place for him out wide but I can’t see a better midfield two available to us than Evans and Reid.

Edited by Garage Flower

49 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

That’s got to be a huge positive then. Absolutely zero reason not to go at them tomorrow if their two best players are out. Still think we’ll lose mind, but it’s got to be a boost to a deflated team.

Edit: looks like the outcome of Rodriguez’ red will be tomorrow AM. As they’re a big club in the division I’m sure they’ll go easy on him!

Reviewing a red card on the day of the game?

Wonder if anyone is reviewing Smallwood’s? (Hope not)

Just now, philipl said:

Many reckon West Brom are the best footballing side in the Division. We certainly stole a point at the Hawthorns so we could well get hammered.

That said, we will probably be competitive for 70 minutes.

Stole a point? You must have been watching a different game to me, I thought we were well worth a point and looking the team most likely to win until the final 10 minutes when we went down to 10 men and had a midfielder in goal. Until Raya went of we were controlling the game and at times they couldn't live with us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Stole a point? You must have been watching a different game to me, I thought we were well worth a point and looking the team most likely to win until the final 10 minutes when we went down to 10 men and had a midfielder in goal. Until Raya went of we were controlling the game and at times they couldn't live with us.

Yes we played very well that day which increases my fear we will be sussed in the return fixture.

Given our propensity for leaking late goals and being down to ten, it was a point won and definitely not two lost.

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Reviewing a red card on the day of the game?

Wonder if anyone is reviewing Smallwood’s? (Hope not)

Apparently so - their forums say it and SSN. Bizzarre that the FA(?) will leave it so late. I’m sure we haven’t contested Smallwood’s as we haven’t heard anything about it.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Raya

Nyambe.    Lenihan.  Mulgrew.  Bell

Bennett.    Reed.       Travis.       Rothwell

Dack

Graham

leutwiler, Rodwell, Williams, Evans, Palmer, Armstrong, Nuttall. 

If Nyambe isn’t fit then Travis to right back and Rodwell to centre mid.

I really don't know what to predict on this one. If I am going to have a bet I would go 2-2. We will undoubtedly concede but their defence isn't too cracking either. 

Raya 

Downing Mulgrew Rodwell 

Bennett Reed Travis Evans Rothwell 

Dack 

Graham 

Leuitweiller Lenihan Bell Palmer Armstrong Brereton Nuttall. 

• Backroom

I wouldn't say 'stole a point' is an entirely inaccurate description of the first match. They had 20 shots to our 9 and Reed worldie aside we never looked like scoring. Wasn't that the first game we tried the ineffective Dack up top experiment?

Raya

Travis Downing Mulgrew Bell

Evans Reed

Bennett Dack Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutweiler, Lenihan, Rodwell, Rothwell, Brereton, Armstrong, Williams

Travis has to start, but assuming Nyambe isnt fit, it has to be at right back as Bennett is simply not competent there and Enda Stevens had a field day.

I have also assumed that Conway wont be back, otherwise he would be in over Bennett.

Palmer deserves a start after Saturday much more than Rothwell. Downing and Bell both in simply due to their alternatives being in shocking form, but both positions require the transfer market. Bell in particular is a big weakness in himself.