SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v West Brom 1 Jan 2019

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

------------------------Raya

Nyambe--Downing--Mulgrew--Bell

-----Reed---------Lenihan-----Travis

------Dack--------Graham-----Palmer

Not a great formation for Dack but something needs to change.

Lenihan was rubbish when he played as a central midfielder when he broke through. He struggled to dislodge Hope Akpan and co! Nowhere near good enough on the ball.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Lenihan was rubbish when he played as a central midfielder when he broke through. He struggled to dislodge Hope Akpan and co! Nowhere near good enough on the ball.

I was thinking along the lines that he is a more mobile defensive minded player than Rodwell and would put the boot in a bit more than Evans.

That formation is unlikely anyway. I was Just tinkering.

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Edit: looks like the outcome of Rodriguez’ red will be tomorrow AM. As they’re a big club in the division I’m sure they’ll go easy on him!

As Raya could no doubt testify Rodriguez is very skillful at leaving a foot in and making it look like an accident.

41 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Back to basics and let's just grind what we can out of this one, two banks of five on the edge of our area from 70 mins onwards.

Rovers 1  Baggies  1

It doesn't matter how you set up if all your 10 outfield players are in the last third of the pitch. Normally there is only one outcome unless you get very lucky.

The best defence is playing in your opponents half.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Don't know whether it's because it's NYE and celebrations started early afternoon but I'm feeling strangely confident about tomorrow.

Lumped on Rovers' win at 21/10 with a tenner thrown in for a bit of fun for 3-1 at 27/1.

Have a good one tonight and Happy New Year to all.

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Rodriguez has had his red card overturned so can play tomorrow. Said as a big club in this division that would happen. 

Not a big club. A good side going for promotion yes. 

I notice that for all of Mowbray's complaints about the referee at Sheffield United and for his suggestions that Smallwood was unfairly done to in being sent off we didn't even bother to submit an appeal. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not a big club. A good side going for promotion yes. 

I notice that for all of Mowbray's complaints about the referee at Sheffield United and for his suggestions that Smallwood was unfairly done to in being sent off we didn't even bother to submit an appeal. 

You know what I mean - a team who has just come down from the PL with a load of dosh. Hope the boys come out firing tomorrow - they owe us big time after the past ten matches.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You know what I mean - a team who has just come down from the PL with a load of dosh. Hope the boys come out firing tomorrow - they owe us big time after the past ten matches.

A special appeal on New Years Eve.

Cash is King, FA as bent as a nine bob note

I 've seen the incident it looks like a step on or intent to me fwiw

Shame really because with him being a Burnley-born, ex-Dingle he’s going to be a distraction boos and anti-claret songs, when all the focus needs to be on getting behind our team.

Pretty much guaranteed he’ll score tomorrow now too just to pour salt on the wounds.

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Shame really because with him being a Burnley-born, ex-Dingle he’s going to be a distraction boos and anti-claret songs, when all the focus needs to be on getting behind our team.

Pretty much guaranteed he’ll score tomorrow now too just to pour salt on the wounds.

And we have no one onfield savvy enough to take care of him without being nicked.

7 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Raya 

Nyambe Rodwell Mulgrew Bell

———Reed———-Evans——

Palmer———--Dack——-Rothwell

——————-Graham——————

Should be plenty going forward in that side but christ that defence, three of them haven't got a tackle in them.

• Like 1

Expect more concerns after today's game. As supporters we can speculate as to what, if anything, the transfer window will bring, but for the players what impact will it have on their game? 

Innocent Rodriguez will rise to the occasion. 

17 hours ago, alcd said:

As Raya could no doubt testify Rodriguez is very skillful at leaving a foot in and making it look like an accident.

I’m still furious about this. Also Charlie getting a kick in the ribs which cut into his liver. Should have been reported just letting Rodriguez getting away with both deliberate attacks and making out his innocence... he’s getting away with far too much. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Lovely to see a post from you Roversmum - happy new year to you and yours! 

May be feisty today with Rodriguez you have to feel he’ll be on the wind up 

16 minutes ago, roversmum said:

I’m still furious about this. Also Charlie getting a kick in the ribs which cut into his liver. Should have been reported just letting Rodriguez getting away with both deliberate attacks and making out his innocence... he’s getting away with far too much. 

Yep. Utterly cowardly pre-meditated act on someone who was on the floor. He acted like those vile scumbags who kick someone in the head after they've already been knocked out. At least those goons have the 'excuse' of being pissed.

Did he do Mulgrew in the same match?

The context is he knew what he was doing. When WBA scored he ran over to the Rovers fans to goad them instead of running the opposite direction to celebrate with the rest of his teammates. 

• Like 1