BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v West Brom 1 Jan 2019

Once you put Graham and Dack in, the rest of the team virtually picks itself. We can’t go 5 across midfield and both Palmer/Rothwell give the ball away too much. I’m no fan of Armstrong but his pace is an asset we sorely lack. 

Until we get better defenders, the midfield has to be picked to offer some degree of protection.

Be interesting to see Dack’s energy levels as he was still going strong at midnight last night, as evidenced on his Instagram.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Once you put Graham and Dack in, the rest of the team virtually picks itself. We can’t go 5 across midfield and both Palmer/Rothwell give the ball away too much. I’m no fan of Armstrong but his pace is an asset we sorely lack. 

Until we get better defenders, the midfield has to be picked to offer some degree of protection.

Be interesting to see Dack’s energy levels as he was still going strong at midnight last night, as evidenced on his Instagram.

Armstrong gives the ball away as much as anyone in our squad. And his pace is no asset as he has no idea how to use and just runs down blind alleys

• Like 1

Ugh Ugh. I'd like to think we could get a battling score draw. That could happen if West Brom simply turn up not to get beat.

However if they turn up with a plan to win, it could be a long afternoon. The good news is their defence is shit, so we should score.

But as I predicted a while back that we probably wouldn't get another point till mid January I'm going to stick with my guns.  1-3 West Brom. . . and maybe even a couple of 'boos'.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The minimum today is to NOT collapse.

Incidentally, if anyone travels to Ewood via Green Lane, you need to avoid today. The bridge there has ‘done a Rovers’ and the road is closed.

Some inconsiderate sod has made the school run harder for me for the foreseeable!

Glad Travis retains his hard earned place, Smallwood has helped Mowbray there!

Would have preferred to see Palmer or Rothwell over Armstrong myself 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He sure does have his favs 

Genuinely think that if Smallwood wasn’t suspended Travis would be on the bench. Travis could star in the next three games and will be dropped when Lowe is back again, cough, Smallwood.

• Like 3

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Wonder how many of WBA players were out on the Razz at that time last night.....

Eh? I saw them watching a film on the settee on his birthday, with the caption “sober New Year’s Eve”.

She got him a cake with him in a Rovers kit on it, and loads of blue and white stuff. What a bitch.

4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Great Travis kept his place but 100% on cos Smallwood is suspended.  Can't help but feel Travis can have.worldies during Smallwoods suspension but Smallwood will still step right in.

I think Smallwoods place is there for the taking. Even allowing for the fact he is a "fave"