BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Peter Thompson

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see Peter Thompson the old Preston, Liverpool and England winger has died. I remember him and John " The Tank " Bray having some terrific battles in the early 1960's. Thompson was a real handful with terrific dribbling skills. We don't seem to breed players like him anymore. RIP.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bolton+v+oldham+youtube+1976&view=detail&mid=29E7F3203CACDE1EFC5829E7F3203CACDE1EFC58&FORM=VIRE

Bit before my time but looks a brilliant crosser of a ball. Looks similar in style to Heighway. Proper old fashioned winger 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

Top class player. RIP.

Saw him live at Anfield in December of 1963 or 1964 v Rovers. I can't remember which year, which is a bit odd as we won in '63 and lost in '64. I know it was December and I was stood on the old Kop with a bunch of schoolmates, on a school weekend music trip to Liverpool for a live performance of the Messiah, that was good too.