BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers at the Toon FA Cup 3rd Round: Saturday 5th January 2019 - 5.30pm

Leuts

Lenihan   Grayson   Mulgrew

Bennett   Reed   Rothwell   Travis   Bell

Armstrong   Brereton 

That would get the job done I think and give some lads a run out.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why? 

Why Lenihan right back?

Why Bennett left mid?

Why Nuttall? 

Why Downing and Rodwell?

Why is Mulgrew not even on the bench? 

Why 

Just....why? 

Lenihan Right back because Bennett isn't very good at RB. Also Nyambe is injured. Lenihan played there a couple of times last season and did okay.

Bennett or Rothwell the wide men, doens't matter which way round.

Graham and Mulgrew shouldn't be risked at all. We've had 4 games in 10 days (I think). 4 games in 10 days is a lot give them a rest not worth the risk.

Downing and Rodwell - I dont particularly rate either. If the Rodwell experiment is going to work then he needs to play games as a cb. Don't want Williams anywhere near the starting 11 at the moment so by process of elimination thats Downing left.

Up top, I've said i'd rest Graham. Brereton meh, Armstrong is an option up front but a bit lightweight. Nuttall is in form and deserves like Travis another chance. He's out of contract in the summer. Why not see if he's up to it. Save us having to go buy someone else.

Also its the cup, if you're not going to try something a bit different then whats the point

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Lenihan Right back because Bennett isn't very good at RB. Also Nyambe is injured. Lenihan played there a couple of times last season and did okay.

Bennett or Rothwell the wide men, doens't matter which way round.

Graham and Mulgrew shouldn't be risked at all. We've had 4 games in 10 days (I think). 4 games in 10 days is a lot give them a rest not worth the risk.

Downing and Rodwell - I dont particularly rate either. If the Rodwell experiment is going to work then he needs to play games as a cb. Don't want Williams anywhere near the starting 11 at the moment so by process of elimination thats Downing left.

Up top, I've said i'd rest Graham. Brereton meh, Armstrong is an option up front but a bit lightweight. Nuttall is in form and deserves like Travis another chance. He's out of contract in the summer. Why not see if he's up to it. Save us having to go buy someone else.

Also its the cup, if you're not going to try something a bit different then whats the point

Lenihan right back could be a good call. 

I would like to try and win the game, to do that we need to have Mulgrew starting and Graham on the bench at least. 

The center half pairing you have selected would worry me. I agree on Williams though. 

Personally, I would start Brereton. It's the ideal game for him to get up and running. 

Newcastle will rest a few with their relagation worries, surely we’ll play as strong a side as we have and try and get the job done. Can’t see anything other than a mid table season for us so this is the 1 chance this season of getting people excited so please don’t mess it up with too much tinkering.

i hate the way that clubs nowadays care nothing for the glory and excitement of cup runs and see the league as the be all and end all.  Purely based on profit for the owners, not a thought for the fans.

Only 2,200 sold so far. Little bit of time left yet but I expected us to sell a lot more at that price. Quite a poor turnout really, should be a class day. Not many places better for a day on the drink than the toon. 

Probably end up about 2,500 which is what I expected really.

We played there only a couple of years back and many other times besides so no real novelty. Plus it’s a faf and expensive to get to by train and we’ve had 3 northern away games in 10 days.

People will be able to find ways to watch it via foreign tv and save themselves some cash in the process. Despite good pricing on tickets it is a tough time of the year for a lot of people and if they can watch the game online or at the pub rather than spend £50 going up there then many will do.

I still think 2,500 is a reasonable effort given the time of year, though I had hoped we would reach our initial allocation of 3000. Odd though because Rovers reported 2100+ sold last Friday before the Sheffield United game and only 2,200 sold as of this morning, so very slow sales over the last 5 days considering we've had a home game in there where people would often get a ticket.

Someone said tonight that it is now 8 defeats in 11 home games for Newcastle this season.

Just back from purchasing my tickets to catch the Newcastle FA Cup match. Hopefully Cpt Fab will be playing to finish off the Toon (like he does). Dont usually do match preview for Cup games but thought I would. Recorded live outside Ewood Park (bit ballsy). Could go either way this one. The Toon are up for grabs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

Does anyone no if this is pay on the gate. Due to plans being dropped I can now go to this game. 

Problem is i live in scotland so I won't get the tickets in time before Saturday if I need to get them posted

You can ring the ticket office today and collect them at St James Park on Saturday, will save you from paying double.

They've announced this afternoon that tickets will not be available on the day. Seems strange when they had previously said they would be.

Presume they're getting close to their 3,000 allocation and Rovers aren't going to request more so they're keen to avoid people turning up and not getting in.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

They've announced this afternoon that tickets will not be available on the day. Seems strange when they had previously said they would be.

Presume they're getting close to their 3,000 allocation and Rovers aren't going to request more so they're keen to avoid people turning up and not getting in.

Tickets are available on the day, just that there is no cash turnstile in operation.

Club tweeted out over 2800 sold earlier tonight.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Tickets are available on the day, just that there is no cash turnstile in operation.

Club tweeted out over 2800 sold earlier tonight.

I was sure that there was a tweet this afternoon saying there were no sales on the day, but it seems to have been deleted now.

They said something similar for the Derby midweek game, when the actual crowd was nowhere near.

Looks as if we’ll be on our own up int Gods as that article suggests the top level isn’t open for their fans.

Edited by Mattyblue