BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers at the Toon FA Cup 3rd Round: Saturday 5th January 2019 - 5.30pm

16 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think Tony will bring him straight back in as he's fresh and he loves him. That would shunt Reed back out to the wing.

I'd love to see Reed and Travis play together in centre mid.

No he should stay on the bench where he belongs, we got better midfielders than Smallwood at this club and they should be playing CM/CDM, not on the wing.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

On 05/01/2019 at 16:59, Mercer said:

Wow!

Think Newcastle see this as a hindrance with that line up.

Managed to lump on Rovers at just short of 4/1 - this is a licence to print money.

Two 'fun' bets: £5 on Charlie for 1st goal at 18/1 and £5 on 3-1 to Rovers at 46/1.

COYB.

I was quietly confident before I read this kiss of death.

• Like 3

This game is there for the taking and must win. Newcastle have just slipped into the relegation places. The last thing they need is this game or a cup run. Their fans would probably disagree with me, but practically speaking what I am saying it correct. If we were in a relegation battle, I wouldn't care less about a cup. 

A trip to Ewood on a Tuesday night. I would say Rafa hates it. He would certainly prefer to have the team in training all week for the game against Fulham. A 6 pointer 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Albinson(who?!) to start, Madon?! What about our big Canadian or Fisher?

Think Albinson is on the bench, 5th choice keeper though.

Canadian to start, Raya out with stitches to the face after Millwall game.. Fisher played last night and 4th choice has gone out on loan!

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why did Fisher play last night if Raya is unavailable and even then why does that prevent him being on the bench tonight?

No idea, just what I've heard... he was right about Nuttall at weekend so would assume the same tonight, don't count me on it!

4 minutes ago, Madon said:

No idea, just what I've heard... he was right about Nuttall at weekend so would assume the same tonight, don't count me on it!

Not questioning your info, just seems strange to me why we'd opt to give Fisher 90 minutes in the u23s if Raya is unavailable.

• J*B pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Madon said:

Think Albinson is on the bench, 5th choice keeper though.

Canadian to start, Raya out with stitches to the face after Millwall game.. Fisher played last night and 4th choice has gone out on loan!

Shaun Edwards got a high tackle resulting in a fractured cheek bone after 5 minutes of a Rugby League Cup Final at Wembley. He played on with that for the next 75 minutes. Just saying.

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Shaun Edwards got a high tackle resulting in a fractured cheek bone after 5 minutes of a Rugby League Cup Final at Wembley. He played on with that for the next 75 minutes. Just saying.

Even sat in the dressing room with his cheek faced away from the coach so he didn't clock how bad the injury was and bring him off. Hard as nails.

Back to the football, this could come back to bite me, but I really think that we'll do them tonight. Without Shelvey, I'm not convinced they have that much more than us on paper, and everything coming out of St James' suggests that they're simply not that bothered. We score first and how much are they going to want to get back in it, with potential extra time?

3-0 Rovers

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Husky said:

The walk on doubling of the price has lost at least one. I was unsure if I would be able to get back, but here I am 1 hr before kick off.

I'm not sure if this affects any others in the same way. I don't have BT Sport either

Nearly me and my dad. My boss let me have an extra 30mins lunch to get tickets, as long as I finished 30mins late.

But we’re now in Park Inn waiting for the bus.