BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2019: Third Round onwards

Well on the eve of our match, the first match of the dog's dinner round of three takes place on the Wirral. As I type, Spurs are 7-0 up at Tranmere. A thread not particularly for our great FA cup tradition, but for comments about the other ties? As I said in the Newcastle thread, it would be nice for us to take it seriously. The commentators are saying Spurs not reet bothered. I find that quite sad. But they are doing alreet at the moment!

I'm in the camp, going into a couple of 

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And it was only 1-0 at half time with a second string team

I'm a great believer in momentum, and going into two league games that should be won, a win at Newcastle would be a fillip. Not Philipl. So for Spurs to go there and win like that? Why wouldn't they want to win the cup after eleven years of nowt? i don't believe they can win the league.

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I reckon derby will beat Southampton tomorrow. Anyone got a braver under dog prediction for tomorrow

I was gonna say Accy to beat Ipswich, but upon checking they're actually favourites! Speaks volumes about how dreadful Ipswich are that a recently promoted team a league below them are favourites to win. 

Wallsall to win at Bolton. Luton to give a good account of themselves at Hillsborough. Bristol City to beat Huddersfield. Portsmouth to win at Norwich.

Dingles will have to be careful with Barnsley and Everton cannot be too gungho picking a side to play Lincoln but those might be half time shocks but not at full time.

If I were Karanka, I'd have a full strength side out at Stamford Bridge- Chelsea are vulnerable. However, I expect Forest will also be fielding a weakened side which is why Chelsea v Forest is not my tip for an upset.   

I think there are a whole range of possibilities for upsets this weekend. Most won't happen but somewhere it will. Stanley must have a good chance at home to Ipswich. Birmingham at West Ham, Peterborough at Middlesbrough, Gillingham at home to Cardiff and Luton at Sheff Weds, as well as Philip's suggestions.

Wallsall to win at Bolton. Luton to give a good account of themselves at Hillsborough. Bristol City to beat Huddersfield. Portsmouth to win at Norwich.

Dingles will have to be careful with Barnsley and Everton cannot be too gungho picking a side to play Lincoln but those might be half time shocks but not at full time.

Only Wallsall let me down. Hope Mercer had money on my tips...

Fourth Round Weekend of Saturday 26 January 2019
The FA Cup fourth round draw will take place on Monday, January 7 after Wolves v Liverpool.

Draw ball numbers:

1 BOLTON
2 MILLWALL OR HULL
3 GILLINGHAM
4 BRENTFORD
5 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY OR LUTON
6 MANCHESTER UNITED
7 EVERTON
8 TOTTENHAM
9 PRESTON OR DONCASTER
10 NEWCASTLE OR ROVERS
11 CHELSEA
12 CRYSTAL PALACE
13 DERBY OR SOUTHAMPTON
14 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
15 BRISTOL CITY
16 NEWPORT OR LEICESTER
17 FULHAM OR OLDHAM
18 SHREWSBURY OR STOKE
19 ARSENAL
20 MANCHESTER CITY OR ROTHERHAM
21 BRIGHTON
22 WEST HAM
23 WOKING OR WATFORD
24 BURNLEY
25 QPR OR LEEDS
26 SHEFFIELD UNITED OR BARNET
27 PORTSMOUTH
28 AFC WIMBLEDON
29 WEST BROMWICH ALBION
30 MIDDLESBROUGH
31 WOLVES OR LIVERPOOL
32 SWANSEA CITY

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Round 3 is always in alphabetical order, no idea how subsequent rounds work.

Round 3 is alphabetical order but I think subsequent rounds are in the order they were drawn in the previous round, ie the winner of the first match drawn in round 3 is no.1 in round 4 draw.