BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2019: Third Round onwards

1 minute ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Watford is not a great draw, but at least the Bastards are out next round!

If we got through wouldn't attract much interest from rovers fans, even less than Newcastle game and watford wouldn't bring more than 1500 at most, unless it's £10. 

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Get what you deserve , messing around with the team !!!

He has too win something been there 3 years !!

Klopp has put himself under unnecessary pressure now imo. Should have gone to Citeh with his most attacking side in the knowledge that a win and it was all over and if they lost it wasn't a disaster. Instead he changed what has worked for them against Citeh in the past and lost and now he's tried to be clever with resting players and it's backfired.

Needs to win the League or Champions League now or this will be quite rightly held against him.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Klopp has put himself under unnecessary pressure now imo. Should have gone to Citeh with his most attacking side in the knowledge that a win and it was all over and if they lost it wasn't a disaster. Instead he changed what has worked for them against Citeh in the past and lost and now he's tried to be clever with resting players and it's backfired.

Needs to win the League or Champions League now or this will be quite rightly held against him.

Spot on.

Couldn't believe how Liverpool approached City game.

City defence was there to be carved open as demonstrated when Mane got through and hit post.

Just now, Mercer said:

If we beat Newcastle, and I think we will, Watford will prove much sterner opposition - they are a very decent unit.

Agree. I can see us going out, without another big/interesting away day or one of the “big boys”.

Poo.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

The 4th Champions League slot should be awarded to the FA Cup winners. Simple. 4th place in the league doesn't deserve to participate in the Champions League, the winner of the prestigious domestic cup does. I suspect the likes of Newcastle, Leicester and co. would start taking it a bit more seriously if there was the prospect of a trophy win, mega money windfall and the possibility of playing Barcelona next season.

Won't happen because the big boys wouldn't like it and the Premier League call the shots rather than the FA.

Nobody really wants the Europa League. For the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea at least they have a chance of winning it and getting back into the Champions League through that route if they don't make the top 4, but for others like Everton, Leicester etc. it is just an inconvenient distraction with minimal benefit other than the supporters get a few nice trips.

If the 4th Champions League spot went to the FA Cup winner chances are it would be given to the runner up and not the winner - with that team potentially already being in it already via the league. It’s only the lack of prize which prevents the big teams taking in seriously.

They need to bring back the Cup Winners Cup and enter both domestic trophy winners.

• Like 1

• Backroom

With Liverpool not drawing I think it’s almost certain our replay will be on TV now

Felt the draw was a little flat with all the minnows getting unglamorous ties, it peaked when Barnet came out at home with United, Spuds and Arsenal left in the hat and out popped Brentford!

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

That stat is exactly what has ruined it for me. Not the FA Cup’s fault, just the modern English game in a nutshell.

Compare to the 1950s to 1980s in which club after club won it, club’s full of tradition that make up the fabric of a fantastic football country.

Now the ‘big 6’ take turns, horrible.

In the 1960's Wolves, Spurs, Spurs, Man Utd, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, West Brom, Man City, all won the FA Cup. 

5 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

9/10 of the last FA Cups have been won by either Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea or Arsenal so I’m not sure if it is “devalued”.

It’s the bottom 10 or so teams in the PL that’s the problem. The PL in general. 

Long live the Championship.

It's been devalued because the governing bodies bought into the squad bullshit and allowed clubs to field joke lineups. This in turn with the obscene amount of money losers get on the premiership spelt the competition's death knell. It is now held in contempt by the majority of the top 50 clubs. Even league 1 sides field the 3rd string in cup games now.

9 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

It's been devalued because the governing bodies bought into the squad bullshit and allowed clubs to field joke lineups. This in turn with the obscene amount of money losers get on the premiership spelt the competition's death knell. It is now held in contempt by the majority of the top 50 clubs. Even league 1 sides field the 3rd string in cup games now.

Not forgetting the FA allowing a team to play a lucrative $$$ game abroad avoiding the third round and allowing them to enter in the 4th round instead. That is when it was devalued

• Like 1

There's a league table I saw at the weekend (maybe in the The Times) of the number of times clubs draw strong opposition in the early rounds

Rovers were near the bottom of it, ie we have had more than our fair share of tough draws.

And it;s happened again - Watford, a tough game (assuming we beat Newcastle) when we could have got Accrington, Shrewsbury, Doncaster and a host of others (not that any of them are easy - though you see the point).

It am hoping to see Rovers play at Wembley again before I get nailed to the perch but these tough draws every year make it very unlikely

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

If we beat Newcastle, and I think we will, Watford will prove much sterner opposition - they are a very decent unit.

Completely agree- they are a level up on Newcastle.

Let's put it this was, if it is Newcastle v Watford in round 4, it is one of your banker away wins.

Edited by philipl

Just now, jim mk2 said:

There's a league table I saw at the weekend (maybe in the The Times) of the number of times clubs draw strong opposition in the early rounds

Rovers were near the bottom of it, ie we have had more than our fair share of tough draws.

And it;s happened again - Watford, a tough game (assuming we beat Newcastle) when we could have got Accrington, Shrewsbury, Doncaster and a host of others (not that any of them are easy - though you see the point).

It am hoping to see Rovers play at Wembley again before I get nailed to the perch but these tough draws every year make it very unlikely

In fact now I'd be terrified if we make it to the FA Cup Final as I have promised myself to see Rovers lift the real cup before I die ever since I we got relegated in 1966.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

If you're being optimistic Jim (long shot I know) it also means we don't get 'giant killed' too often.  Bet you still remember Burnley v Wimbledon from 40-odd years ago.

1 hour ago, Neil Weaver said:

If you're being optimistic Jim (long shot I know) it also means we don't get 'giant killed' too often.  Bet you still remember Burnley v Wimbledon from 40-odd years ago.

Remember singing the Wombles song ?