BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall away Saturday 12th Jan kick off 17.30

Just now, CP Company Lad said:

Always on the cards that. Said it at half time. Nice to see those clowns with their tails btw their legs. 

Good peformance on the road by Rovers. Not sure why so many of you have a downer on the manager. 

Proven at this level and a double over Burnley next season.

I think that one might not look as assured as it did two weeks ago ?

An awful game of football, in which neither side really deserved to win but a good 3 points.

I thought the two centre back's were excellent in what was a real physical challenge, I thought Rodwell would struggle with it but he coped well. For me Rodwell would be ideal in a back 3, bring the ball out and passing it. Bell was poor, awful on the ball and I have never seen a full back so consistently let his man get a free cross into the box. Travis two great passes for the first goal the first one Evans or Smallwood would have not been able to spot let alone play and the second one they wouldn't have been far enough up the pitch to play it.

Nuttall won his fair share of headers, sadly there was no one with 20 yards of him to support him. And he did what all good strikers do got himself in the right area and got himself a goal, I'm delighted for the lad. Armstrong looked bright coming on, is that his best role coming off the bench late on when teams tire and using his pace?

Conway I'm afraid to say is not up to it at this level anymore, Bennett was much better when higher up the pitch and Reed much better second half in his best position.

• Like 1

Even Tony thought that was an awful game. All but apologised in his post-match interview.

But as he said himself, that game is behind us now and we’ve got the three points.

“We won’t go anywhere I’d thats our level of football going forward”. Well said, Tony. The rub is that it’s your job to put that right.

• Like 1

Thought Travis was excellent as well as the two centrebacks, apart from that a pretty average performance from most. Nuttall and Dack worked hard but received little service. Armstrong played a crucial role. Strange from Mowbray to play three strikers at the end but that's what he did. Brave to bring Dack off too. But it got the points.

Only really weak point imo was Bell who had an absolute shocker.

Great three points.

5 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

We scored three points Stuart, and never looked in danger of losing away at the Den. When they start awarding points for style and ifs/maybes, your points might be valid.

Pop at fellow fan after win - “check” :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A messageboard gold matchday thread on the balanced and always fair to Mowbray BRFCS.

Away win - check

Clean sheet -check

Positive subs - check

Surprise selection forces a goal - check

Sub for Dack seals a win - check.

Conclusion - the manager is awful

Bit sad to troll your fellow fans when there's much more to celebrate but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

As for the game, wasn't a classic but was it ever going to be against Millwall? Hope Mowbray has learned a bit more about his players after this.

Eyesore of a game but Rodwell, Travis and Nuttall were all positives for me. Nuttall was more involved in 90 mins than Brereton has been in his 300. Couple of smart saves from distance by Raya but I never felt we would let one in. Putting Benno out left at HT to shore up the dreadful Bell was a good move. I can’t renember a time when we have been so badly served at left back, they are both hopeless.

• Like 3

Delighted with the 3 points. Rodwell. Lenihan. Travis. Arma. Absolutely immense performances.

I don’t mean to open the ‘sell our best player and reinvest in to the squad’ debate but we look so much better playing 4-4-2. With Reed as a permanent  addition playing next to Travis, and the addition of a new left back and a natural winger or two, I think we would be a better outfit next season.

• Like 3

Great result if not easy on the eye, but that's football for you.

We were aggressive and out Millwalled them.

Armstrong was up for it when he came on, Travis, Lenihan and Rodwell were excellent.

Well done TM, probably won't get the credit he deserves but got his tactics and subs bang on today.

Think I'd start Smallwood and Evans midweek, give Reed and Travis a rest, we're only 6 points off play offs, save 'em for next Saturday.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, booth said:

Bit sad to troll your fellow fans when there's much more to celebrate but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

As for the game, wasn't a classic but was it ever going to be against Millwall? Hope Mowbray has learned a bit more about his players after this.

Think we do a decent job of trolling ourselves...

As for the last bit: i hope TM today was deliberately choosing to finish the game strongly having seen how the team can't hold on to leads.

If it was just luck then fair enough - a lucky manager is even better than a good One ???

Was very critical of Rovers and TM's line-up & subs on twitter during game but will happily admit i know nothing. Nevertheless a shocking game of football.

Travis: played just okay those first 80 mins then turned it on in the last 10.

Unpopular opinion: really don't think Nuttall can make the grade, did well in the air but apart from that he always seems to get caught up and lost, he can obviously score goals, loan spell in L2 would be ideal for him imo. On his goal today, yes he got himself into the right position but knew nothing about it, 2 deflections, onto his head and in, even Chris Brown wouldn't have missed.

Lenihan & Rodwell: both solid at the back.

Bell: surely can't keep his place, was saved by Benno moving left in 2nd half.

TM must have Benno & Reed on repeat, standard tireless effort from both.

All in all, much needed 3 points and clean sheet, must push on now. COYB!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Horrific game, good result. Not too dissimilar to the QPR match in November. Tony said the same things then about the level of football not being good enough. He seems to be more critical when we win than when we lose!

Not convinced Nuttall is the answer to the back up to Graham dilemma, but Travis will surely be staying put now. 

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Why are people scoring points against fellow fans?

We won, are we not all having a good time because of that? Weird.

I don’t know mate, if people think people talk shite on here then why can’t they be called out on it?

Thought that was the point - to discuss stuff and have a bit of back and forth.

The premature meltdowns are fantastic, stop being so soft everyone.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Great result if not easy on the eye, but that's football for you.

We were aggressive and out Millwalled them.

Armstrong was up for it when he came on, Travis, Lenihan and Rodwell were excellent.

Well done TM, probably won't get the credit he deserves but got his tactics and subs bang on today.

Think I'd start Smallwood and Evans midweek, give Reed and Travis a rest, we're only 6 points off play offs, save 'em for next Saturday.

I agree but let me add to that;  Nuttall, I thought was superb, I would like to see the stats of meters run, as not only was his movement up front exceptional he was always available at the back to pick up one of their “big lads”.

yes it was a poor game but you can only play what is in front of you and we did ok.

• Like 1

Just now, sparky12 said:

Unpopular opinion: really don't think Nuttall can make the grade, did well in the air but apart from that he always seems to get caught up and lost, he can obviously score goals, loan spell in L2 would be ideal for him imo. On his goal today, yes he got himself into the right position but knew nothing about it, 2 deflections, onto his head and in, even Chris Brown wouldn't have missed.

Excellent movement from him to get into that position though. Could it be that he didn't have as much work to do and had more space when he wasn't being played as the solitary striker.

How do they play him in the under 23's?

An abysmal game really but everything about Millwall is just awful. Their tactics set the tone but it was great to see some of our lads getting stuck in.

Millwall are like a bunch of 16 year olds playing 6 aside, just moan about everything. 

TM gets loads of credit for today, stuck his neck out with the line up but it paid off, bringing Armstrong on obviously worked a treat.

Nutall will not get much praise for his performance but I think his task today was very tough from the off. 

Great to win and get a clean sheet as well.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I don’t know mate, if people think people talk shite on here then why can’t they be called out on it?

Thought that was the point - to discuss stuff and have a bit of back and forth.

The premature meltdowns are fantastic, stop being so soft everyone.

Been there, got the ban...

Winning after playing badly is so much better than losing after playing well. Judge at 90 mins.

How many newly promoted teams would have faired better with our December fixtures? 

Normal service has been resumed...

well done TM

• Like 2

I'm with the 'unpopular opinion' on Nuttall. Plenty of endeavour but very low on quality - his goal came because he actually missed the ball but I will credit him with being in the right place. If we're hanging our hat on him to be some kind of attacking answer we're going to be seriously disappointed. He's League 2 level as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

See @K-Hod imagine if the Nutt goes on to continually bang them in, how can we not have a laugh at those calling him League 2 after 120 Championship minutes?

FWIW I thought he played well against some beastly defenders.

By showing a bit of class?