BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall away Saturday 12th Jan kick off 17.30

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

It rubs both ways. Plenty of point scoring after a loss or draw or is that ok?

It’s not sound either way tbh. Just thought as fans of the same club we would all celebrate a good win together?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Without wishing him any serious harm best thing about tonight apart from the result was the injury to Evans. Something not too serious that keeps him out for a month or so and Travis at the Club until after the transfer window would be just the ticket.

Kudos to TM he's just been interviewed and admitted it was a terrible game of football.

So you would rather Smallwood be in the squad? Evans has been solid this season. I Do not, for one minute, wish any of our players injured. We are a small squad and need them all fit. 

Fans like you baffle me. 

• Like 2

What’s always annoyed me about Nuttall is that he never worked hard enough or put himself about enough in his previous chances in the first team. 

So when he got picked to start today that’s what I was looking for, and he really impressed me in that respect. It was a big improvement, he closed people down, won headers, offered himself more often. 

It wasn’t a perfect performance but enough to warrant another chance.

Hes clearly got that strikers instinct in the box, he’s quick (ish), he’s strong, he’s tall, and he’s better at leading the line on his own than the other Danny Graham deputies. I hope he gets some game time as Graham’s 70th minute sub.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
Spelling error
  • Like 3

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Stop taking yourselves so seriously blimey.

Anyway, I’m off out to sack off dry January thanks to Magic Mr. Mowbray!

I’m a big Nuttall fan but really, planning ahead to laugh at fans who doubted him. That’s taking it a bit seriously.

I thought Rovers played as well as could be expected. It was never going to be a football exhibition, was it. For the neutral it was a dire game.

But the last 10 minutes made my day and I'm over the moon. Fabulous win at a difficult ground. When I saw the starting line-up it re-ignited my faith in Mowbray.

Onwards and upwards:rover:

It was one of the worst games I’ve seen in a long time.

It was a terrible game of football, I'm glad I didn't have to pay to watch that.

We ended up nullifying their threats but forgot to play ourselves.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

LT: A late bang in the face for David Raya who is led off the pitch holding his eye stemming the flow of blood.

It must be bad if his eye has come out. Hope it's not the same injury as before. 

Raya tweeted saying he'd had a few stitches on his eyebrow.

43 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Why are people scoring points against fellow fans?

We won, are we not all having a good time because of that? Weird.

Because they like to pretend all is rosy. Been going on for years now. Not allowed to criticise.

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Class? You have been on this board long enough to know better.

One can only hope.

The board has been quite good this last month or so to be fair. About as amicable as I can remember.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s not sound either way tbh. Just thought as fans of the same club we would all celebrate a good win together?

Interesting - most of us are celebrating a great away win.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

Because they like to pretend all is rosy. Been going on for years now. Not allowed to criticise.

Does this give you a better insight K-Hod?

6 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Interesting - most of us are celebrating a great away win.

Does this give you a better insight K-Hod?

Hopefully it does pal, at least that will mean we aren't all circus following chimps. Sorry for the pun. Good win, but people are allowed to criticise, even if most don't like it.

7 minutes ago, AAK said:

Can anyone confirm is there a replacement for a fourth official or do they get any random bugger?

There's usually a fifth one in the stands taking note on the first official's performance if I remember correctly, might have been that guy.

As others have mentioned, terrible game as a whole. Millwall brought the play down to their level and we didn't have enough about us to respond, although they never got close to scoring. Lenihan and Rodwell battled well, although you could tell Rodwell was not really in synch with the rest of the defense. Raya was also OK, but apart from the goals I wouldn't say anyone else played particularly well, even Travis. Still, our attacking players bailed us out in the end, really shows the value of having plenty of players who can play a bit in the team. Millwall looked like they never could have scored goals like Armstrong's and Nuttall's (well, at least the buildup to it), too little attacking quality in their side.