BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

As Glasgow Rangers fan I began take interest in Blackburn Rovers when one my fav players TUGAY became Rovers player Followed his progress A number players have worn both Blue Jerseys Ferguson,Amoruso,Hendry,May  to name a few All have same leadership quality but Tugay was exceptional player could spray ball about & also defend 

Both clubs had similar chairmen both involved steel Wanted dream team & success sadly was downfall of my club BUT I got see some real quality players & Rangers getting back to top I hope Blackburn can as well

Both Clubs continue rebuild & have mutual respect    

• Like 8

Best player I seen at rovers to this day.  First season ticket in 2000. Hope to see that quality in a blue and white shirt one day.

I live in dunfermline. My neighbour is a teddy bear also. He has a big photo frame of 2 cans of mckewans lager but one with a rangers badge  and the other with a rovers badge on it. With the title blue brothers.

Edited by Blue n whites
  • Like 4

I remember being on holiday in Florida during the summer of 2001 after we'd signed Tugay, I remember walking around Universal Islands of Adventure theme park and spotted a teenage kid (similar to me at the time) wearing a Rangers shirt with 17 Tugay on the back.  We'd just signed him at that point, after a lengthy battle with getting a work permit too IIRC, and distinctly remember thinking.. "He must be popular if someone has got his name on the back of the shirt''.

Little did I know that he'd go on to become one of my favourite all time Rovers players and I'd have 5 Tugay on the back of my Rovers home shirt a few years later...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

Best player I seen at rovers to this day.  First season ticket in 2000. Hope to see that quality in a blue and white shirt one day.

I live in dunfermline. My neighbour is a teddy bear also. He has a big photo frame of 2 cans of mckewans lager but one with a rangers badge  and the other with a rovers badge on it. With the title blue brothers.

That’s cool Tugay always have 100% Had amazing football brain Knew when keep it simple first and foremost possession Then see pass & spray ball about Also scored few as well 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Had Tugay on my shirt as a kid. Growing up in the Midlands had the usual jibes of "Too Gay". That was until he announced his presence in English football and everyone realised the man had a gift.

My favourite player ever and always will be.

What player he was Opposition fans would’ve loved had him I was gutted left Ibrox but also delighted see could hold his own & then some against other great players 

He covered whole pitch but had football brain just knew when play it simple & when open up & spray passes Defend,attack he had it all Hopefully both Rangers & Blackburn see such talent again 

27 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm under 50, Shearer was better.

I'm not saying that Tugay wasn't class though.

Shearer was goal machine Tough as well Like Rangers McCoist Could Take roughness & give it out as well Proper old School player Tugay was different class

I’m sure fans have many memories of both 

3 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

I remember being on holiday in Florida during the summer of 2001 after we'd signed Tugay, I remember walking around Universal Islands of Adventure theme park and spotted a teenage kid (similar to me at the time) wearing a Rangers shirt with 17 Tugay on the back.  We'd just signed him at that point, after a lengthy battle with getting a work permit too IIRC, and distinctly remember thinking.. "He must be popular if someone has got his name on the back of the shirt''.

Little did I know that he'd go on to become one of my favourite all time Rovers players and I'd have 5 Tugay on the back of my Rovers home shirt a few years later...

Blackburn got one real gem of Talent in Tugay wouldn’t have taken long for fans realise what machine he was what a deal Blackburn got Player who gave everything easily mix with best & outplay then also 

Just now, Darren Douglas said:

Shearer was goal machine Tough as well Like Rangers McCoist Could Take roughness & give it out as well Proper old School player Tugay was different class

I’m sure fans have many memories of both 

Without doubt the most technically gifted. Maybe of any era at our club but certainly within most of our memories of watching Rovers. 

Shearer's talent was different, as you rightly say. If you put guns against our heads and say 'who was better?', I think a large majority of Rovers fans would probably opt for Shearer simply because he was peerless at what he did (scoring goals, but plenty more besides). Can't claim to be an expert on football outside of Britain, but I'm not convinced there was a more effective number nine in world football in the 90s, other than the original Ronaldo.

Thing which made Tugay so special to us though, apart from his ridiculous ability, was just how much he seemed to appreciate being here. We've had plenty of good players here in the last couple of decades, but it's much rarer to have one that 100% buys into the club, its supporters and its culture. Amazing player and amazing character. The sort you tell your kids and grand kids about. 

• Like 6

It was an absolute privilege to watch both Shearer and Tugay play. We were spoilt. Both incredible players, and expert at their respective roles. Shearer was not only a goal machine, but led the line superbly. Tugay was just calmness personified, and could pick a pass like no other in the team. He scored some screamers as well. Like trying to compare apples and pears, both tasty fruit, but shaped differently!

In the days when I sponsored a player, we always had an end of the year trip to Brockhall to watch a training session. All the respective sponsors assembled in reception and there was the great man, dicking around with the staff, answering the phones, and just generally entertaining the throng. There was no doubt he loved the club, and the staff and fans adored him. That last game was quite emotional, and I'd quite forgotten who the opposition's manager was!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/may/24/blackburn-west-bromwich-albion

Shearer was a great striker and at his peak arguably the best in Europe , but Tugay was a technically the most gifted player ever to wear the blue and white That I and the vast majority of fans have ever seen , there will be some of a certain vintage who may say Douglas was better but they have had honour of seeing both 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Shearer was a great striker and at his peak arguably the best in Europe , but Tugay was a technically the most gifted player ever to wear the blue and white That I and the vast majority of fans have ever seen , there will be some of a certain vintage who may say Douglas was better but they have had honour of seeing both 

There was a period maybe 93ish-96/97 (before Ronaldo basically) where I don’t doubt that Shearer was the best in the world.

Wonder what that 15m record transfer would be now.

Tugay was up there for the greatest modern Rover though for many reasons.

The style, the joyous freedom and confidence, the fags, the age, how underrated he was, retired here etc.

Tuges is my favourite.

Would love to to have seen Douglas, fantastic how people still speak of him in “the greatest Rover” conversations even today after the Walker years.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AJW said:

Douglas was Tugay with added pace.