BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

8 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

It’s difficult to judge two players from different eras. What I would say in Sir Rogers defence is;

He didn’t get the chance to play in the top league until the end of his career.

He must be a similar height to Raya and therefore as size goes was good enough to be at the top league.

He was several generations before other goalies, as he enjoyed being a sweeper keeper. 

i loved big Brad, but there will always be a place in my heart for our Roger.

It’s a bit easier with keepers. If it’s going in the top corner it still wants saving.

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a bit easier with keepers. If it’s going in the top corner it still wants saving.

When comparing ‘keepers from different eras I think you still need to consider the different levels of protection they get/got from referees (+ the relative recentness of the back pass rule)

In regards to saves, I think you need to consider how the balls have changed vastly over the years (+ and the introduction of goalies wearing gloves)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Waggot and Suhails deflection tactics are really being ramped up now.

You can't hide behind Tugay lads.

My immediate thought too tomphil

Following Tugay on social media, you can tell he probably doesn't have much of an idea about the true state of our football club

This really does stink of a "find yourself a figurehead" moment, particular after the likes of Speedie's comments in recent weeks

• Like 3

To be fair it’s a standard thing at most (normal) clubs. You will often see legends in club blazers in hospitality, at events etc. It’s a nod to a proper heritage. Gives the club gravitas, continuity through generations.

However, here everything is done half arsed, so I’ll believe it when I see it, especially with someone that lives a long distance away. File with ‘we are looking into it’ example #764

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

My immediate thought too tomphil

Following Tugay on social media, you can tell he probably doesn't have much of an idea about the true state of our football club

This really does stink of a "find yourself a figurehead" moment, particular after the likes of Speedie's comments in recent weeks

I’d rather he didn’t to be honest. All my memories are good at the moment, I’d prefer not to spoil them.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

I recall @glen9mullan saying Tugay wouldn't even take part in a charity game unless he was paid well and treat like royalty... So i doubt he'd take a role like this unless he was being offered a small fortune

Unless there is more to the role than the random tweets imply then it does all seem pretty pointless and just a deflectory tactic as others here have said

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I recall @glen9mullan saying Tugay wouldn't even take part in a charity game unless he was paid well and treat like royalty... So i doubt he'd take a role like this unless he was being offered a small fortune

Unless there is more to the role than the random tweets imply then it does all seem pretty pointless and just a deflectory tactic as others here have said

Whilst most would welcome Tugay with open arms t a role like this everything under this lot is tainted.

Why now and why him ?  Biggest name they could find who they'll throw a fortune we haven't got and he'll pitch up for a while then quietly disappear after the window dressing has been done.

Why haven't we had one of these before ?

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Whilst most would welcome Tugay with open arms t a role like this everything under this lot is tainted.

Why now and why him ?  Biggest name they could find who they'll throw a fortune we haven't got and he'll pitch up for a while then quietly disappear after the window dressing has been done.

Clutching at straws perhaps?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

Closest thing probably the late (not so great)Shebby Singh

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Can see him puffing on a totally wicked vape in the new kit for abit before disappearing . Either that or they need a pro at time wasting to teach these time wasters upstairs 

Edited by Oldgregg86

• 2 weeks later...

I think its great news, but lets be realistic he is not going to be able to play in a two. I suggest we get Travis back from loan and him and Tronstat can do the running, and tackling, Tugay can do the smoking, scoring and getting Sammy to break Alan Shearer's goals in a season record.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blow-in said:

I think its great news, but lets be realistic he is not going to be able to play in a two. I suggest we get Travis back from loan and him and Tronstat can do the running, and tackling, Tugay can do the smoking, scoring and getting Sammy to break Alan Shearer's goals in a season record.

Wouldn't he have to vape with a Totally Wicked product to be really supportive and show his commitment?