BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town, Saturday 19th January 15.00 Kick off.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's not mate. Seriously.

He is mate. His defensive positioning is nothing short of atrocious, he can’t cross a ball, very rarely beats his man going forward. He’s extremely poor. Both our left backs are terrible, simple as unfortunately. Bell however does have age on his side and I wouldn’t mind him as a back-up too a new left back, which as I keep saying we need too buy more than any other position.

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

There can be no excuses.

We are playing a very poor bottom of the league team, who are 7 points adrift from safety, at home.

A home banker.

“Alan is Town's sixth signing in the January window and will wear the number 31 shirt.” 

Lambert is sorting out the calamity of his predecessor. Plenty of new players wanting to prove themselves including Alan Judge. 

• Like 1

I think if there's two people in the world we don't want coming to Ewood and turning us over they would be Paul Lambert and I have been stopped from posting this by moderators. Coyle so I desperately hope we don't have a disaster this weekend.

Did Lambert bring Wolves to Ewood after he left or is this the first time he's been back since he walked out? If it is I'd hope he gets dog's abuse off the crowd for treating us as a 6 month stepping stone to boost his bank balance and get himself off the managerial scrapheap and back into the job market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butty said:

He is mate. His defensive positioning is nothing short of atrocious, he can’t cross a ball, very rarely beats his man going forward. He’s extremely poor. Both our left backs are terrible, simple as unfortunately. Bell however does have age on his side and I wouldn’t mind him as a back-up too a new left back, which as I keep saying we need too buy more than any other position.

Contradiction

Back to business in the league against and old gaffa, who... well was a bit marmite... aka Herr Lambert as he is often referred to by his ex Dortmund buddies. Ipswich been very busy in the transfer window since it opened with a few new experienced bodies to add to the mix. Despite their position, this could be one of them shitty ones. Hoping we have enough class to see it through with the win. If we can string a few wins together over the next 4 or 5 weeks we could be back in the mix. This week I chatted with Ipswich Town supporter and host of Blue Monday podcast Benjamin Bloom about their season and his hopes for the weekend. 

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This has to be a win. No excuses about tiredness of injuries or anything else from Mowbray. 

Mowbray has done an early decent job of covering most bases for any hiccup, including a classic "“We were playing in League One last year with that team":

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17362638.extra-time-defeat-worst-case-scenario-for-rovers-boss/

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray has done an early decent job of covering most bases for any hiccup, including a classic "“We were playing in League One last year with that team":

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17362638.extra-time-defeat-worst-case-scenario-for-rovers-boss/

I found that comment a bit odd alright, so he is lucky we are ahead if the other two promoted teams. If we weren't, it would be very easy to say "so why have we the same bloody team as in league 1??".  Being higher than Wigan and Rotherham gives him some breathing space in that regard. 

7 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

“Alan is Town's sixth signing in the January window and will wear the number 31 shirt.” 

Lambert is sorting out the calamity of his predecessor. Plenty of new players wanting to prove themselves including Alan Judge. 

That's a lot of signings. Let's hope they don't gel. I think of all games, the first goal is crucial here. We need to get it. Simple as. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Who are Lambert's 5 other signings besides Judge? He does love a January splurge. He signed about 12 in January when he was here. He wasn't backed though apparently :rolleyes: Hopefully he will force Ipswich's best striker out of the club by Saturday (if they have one) like he did with Rhodes at Rovers. Dreadful manager.

Smash him Tony. Smash him hard.

8-0 Rovers.

• Like 2

I had high hopes with Lambert but I suppose it was just refreshing having someone coming in who seemed up for the fight after a few years of seeming happy to plod. I still think he was led down the path by the owners and their button pushers in regards to promised investment but he shafted them back so I kind of respected him for that at the time.

However since then he's proved himself another managerial non entity who's action are that of a mercenary and who must have like one or two others very good agent connections to keep getting on and off the money go round !

Goes into a club, gets a load of his pals players on the books, struggles and leaves with a nice mutual consent handshake or pay off then almost immediately pitches up somewhere else despite an underwhelming recent CV.  It's a right racket !

Why do i have the horrible feeling at 2pm we will see a midfield 2 of Smallwood/Evans... Perfect opportunity to go for the throat early on and get at them with some pace. 

Raya

Nyambe         Mulgrew         Lenihan       Bell

Travis          Reed (if fit)

Rothwell             Dack           Armstrong

Graham

TM has Bowyer MK2 tendencies for sure then he himself complains about not being on the front foot early in games. Not sure how you're supposed to achieve that when you have two deep lying mids inviting the opposition on and play off one up top.

Bowyer though besides his Lowe love in didn't really have a lot of options that can't be said for TM,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Both are shite but Bell is the worst of the 2.

Disagree with this. Williams must be the worst player I've seen in a Rovers shirt since Lowe. I also said this all last season. Bell isnt good by any stretch but much better than Williams. Id look to replace both in summer. 

Important we win this to get over the newcastle game dissapointment. Hoping Reed is fit. Given Armstrong has found some form and scored a few goals lately I would keep him upfront even if it means moving Dack around a bit. Give Dack a free role off the left. We shouldnt be worrying about Ipswich at home and play how we want. 

Raya

Nyambe   Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Travis Reed

Rothwell                         Dack

Graham Armstrong

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's a lot of signings. Let's hope they don't gel. I think of all games, the first goal is crucial here. We need to get it. Simple as. 

Not necessarily true. We have conceded 18 goals in the last 15 minutes of games according to Sky and are right up there in the points thrown away table.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who are Lambert's 5 other signings besides Judge? He does love a January splurge. He signed about 12 in January when he was here. He wasn't backed though apparently :rolleyes: Hopefully he will force Ipswich's best striker out of the club by Saturday (if they have one) like he did with Rhodes at Rovers. Dreadful manager.

Smash him Tony. Smash him hard.

8-0 Rovers.

James Collins at centre half is a key signing for me. Short term but so was John MacNamee for Rovers and he kept us out of the Fourth Division when we were really bad. If the players think this this is going to be easy they better think again.

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Disagree with this. Williams must be the worst player I've seen in a Rovers shirt since Lowe. I also said this all last season. Bell isnt good by any stretch but much better than Williams. Id look to replace both in summer. 

Important we win this to get over the newcastle game dissapointment. Hoping Reed is fit. Given Armstrong has found some form and scored a few goals lately I would keep him upfront even if it means moving Dack around a bit. Give Dack a free role off the left. We shouldnt be worrying about Ipswich at home and play how we want. 

Raya

Travis Reed

Graham Armstrong

Don't agree with Dack wide left, but agree about Bell. He's not good enough but he's a lot better than Williams.

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

James Collins at centre half is a key signing for me. Short term but so was John MacNamee for Rovers and he kept us out of the Fourth Division when we were really bad. If the players think this this is going to be easy they better think again.

Collins is a very good signing for Ipswich, but injuries have been an issue for him. It's the risk you take when signing an older player, especially in the modern game. Look at what happened to Jonathon Walters. That said that's probably more of a long term concern for Ipswich, from our perspective Collins is likely to be in the team on Saturday and will certainly give Ipswich far better defensive solidarity than they've had for most of this season.

That said even a team with our limited creativity should be able to score a couple past Ipswich. As with most games at any level it's about keeping the door closed at the back. In retrospect conceding two against Ipswich on the first day of the season was pretty embarrassing. Can't let that happen again.

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Raya

Travis Reed

Graham Armstrong

Decent shout that team, not the ideal position or system for Dack as stated above, and definitely not enough defensive cover from him for Bell but its hard to drop him - Tony's call as manager.

I think we play at our best with 2 up tops. Arma warrants a run of games playing as a striker and Graham is the ideal partner for him with Nuttall first in waiting. Travis and Reed are also an ideal energetic midfield partnership to make this system work fitness permitting.

We need to take the game to them from the first minute. They beat Rotherham 1-0 last week, interestingly Ipswich had 3 shots to Rotherhams 18. Rotherham play with 1 up top and aren't the most creative side. Put them under pressure from the start and our front line should do the business.