BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town, Saturday 19th January 15.00 Kick off.

On 17/01/2019 at 12:09, jim mk2 said:

Fred Pickering. Didn't Jack Marshall switch Andy McEvoy's switch position too and make him a much better player ?

Malcolm MacDonald (Supermac) started out as a left back too

Well that I never knew.

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

2-0, 3-0, 2-2, 2-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-0. 

Ipswich's last 7 away games. Anyone thinking it's acceptable not to win this game against what is an incredibly poor Ipswich side needs to adjust their expectations. 

No, but it exactly what we do isn't it.  Fix what's ailing our opponenets.  Do they have someone who hasn't scored in a coon's age?  The Newcastle player who scored the go ahead "goal" had not scored in months, it's what we do.  End bad runs for opponents.

• Like 2

What I would go with

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Rothwell Evans Travis Bennett 

Dack

Armstrong

what Tony’d go with

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Bennett Smallwood Travis Evans Armstrong

Dack

I still cant believe how unlucky we were not to win there, Palmer missed an open goal and then they equalised in the stoppage time. Since then, we have taken a lot of “positives” but I can still see something similar happening tmrw.

44 minutes ago, skous18 said:

What I would go with

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Rothwell Evans Travis Bennett 

Dack

Armstrong

what Tony’d go with

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Bennett Smallwood Travis Evans Armstrong

Dack

I still cant believe how unlucky we were not to win there, Palmer missed an open goal and then they equalised in the stoppage time. Since then, we have taken a lot of “positives” but I can still see something similar happening tmrw.

Is Reed out?

Norwich beating Brum last night means that a win here automatically puts us above Brum in 8th place and depending on other results we could quite easily be back in or around the top 10. Have to go for this to get our outside playoff hopes back on track.

Villa v Hull

Forest v Bristol C

Two interesting fixtures between teams in the mix above us which should mean dropped points - more reason to get at these and claim on 'paper' our easiest three points of the season.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Got a feeling that the team selection tomorrow might be a very interesting one. TM might see it as a game to use the squad. Here is my prediction. 

Raya 

Downing Lenihan Rodwell 

Bennett Evans Smallwood Rothwell 

Dack 

Nuttall Armstrong 

Leuitweiller Bell Reed Conway Travis Brereton Graham 

Never want to see a back three again. Hope Tuesday convinced Mowbray that plan needs putting to bed.

Rothwell can't defend. Travis and Reed dropped. But other than that............

Oh, another thing, Downing will probably still have that illness that result in players leaving.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

My line up would be :-                                                                                     Raya

Nyambe                   Lenihan            Rodwell                 Mulgrew

Travis                     Reed                Rothwell

Dack                               Armstrong

Graham       

• Like 1

14 hours ago, USABlue said:

No, but it exactly what we do isn't it.  Fix what's ailing our opponenets.  Do they have someone who hasn't scored in a coon's age?  The Newcastle player who scored the go ahead "goal" had not scored in months, it's what we do.  End bad runs for opponents.

It’s what we do and always have done for years! On paper we should win today comfortably, but we’ve been in this league long enough over the last few years too know nothing is a given. We were on the verge of the play offs under GB and drew 0-0 at home to bloody Yeovil! Every stat and every bit of form points to a home win today and that is worrying more than anything :lol: Still though, I’m going too follow the form book and back the boys too win 3-1. Nice little home banker followed by a nice glass of fine red when we win. Mercer style. #AlwaysGambleResponsibly #WhenTheFunStopsStop ;) 

Although on paper we'd all agree that we should win, but, looking at the stats my gut says Ipswich are due a win!!

We cannot play that back three again …..ever!

Hope Danny, Reedy and Charlie are fit as they must start.

Thermals going on today as it's gonna be chilly.

Come on Rovers, give us a win

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Can’t make the game today as I’ve been a bit under the weather (no need to get the violins out, I’m nearly back at 100%).

I’ll be chancing it on iFollow at home for the first time. Hoping it’s better than recent reports on here ?.

Edited by K-Hod