BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town, Saturday 19th January 15.00 Kick off.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17371149.blackburn-rovers-2-ipswich-town-0-player-ratings/

These player ratings are so odd. Pretty much everyone gets either a 6 or 7, no one gets an 8, yet Rodwell gets man of the match. He was surely an 8? 

It's the same with the Ipswich Star tbf. They've been bottom of the league most if not the entire season, losing to practically everybody, but you rarely see a player get scored below 5. Most of the time it's a 6 even though the description will read something like "made mistakes and never imposed himself on the game, but ran around a lot". I dread to think what a player would have to do to get a 1 or a 2. The reporters here would have given Shane Duffy's performance for us against Cardiff a 6. "Two own goals and a red card aside, solid enough". 

That said they were particularly harsh this week!

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

It's the same with the Ipswich Star tbf. They've been bottom of the league most if not the entire season, losing to practically everybody, but you rarely see a player get scored below 5. Most of the time it's a 6 even though the description will read something like "made mistakes and never imposed himself on the game, but ran around a lot". I dread to think what a player would have to do to get a 1 or a 2. The reporters here would have given Shane Duffy's performance for us against Cardiff a 6. "Two own goals and a red card aside, solid enough". 

You have just given me an idea for a thread 

On 20/01/2019 at 15:19, joey_big_nose said:

I know what you're saying but Tugay was a genuine world class player not far off the likes of Pirlo and Scholes. Mulgrews got good technical ability, but he's absolutely no where near the likes of them. 

Most crucially he's slow on the turn, as if you not blessed with pace you can mitigate that with turning neatly away from danger. Tugay was absolutely exceptional at that. I think Mulgrew would get caught with the ball a lot in midfield.

Tugay is my favourite player in a rovers shirt

That said I'm embarrassed to admit i remember thinking don't offer him a contract cause he's lost his legs. Surely he will be a liability.  About 5 years before he actually left. 

Some players don't need pace. Especially if they  never had it. They think several steps ahead of the play.

Mulgrew is quicker imo in a straight foot race but receiving the ball on the turn and creating a yard he's light years behind tugay.

I'd still pay to watch him play.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic