BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town, Saturday 19th January 15.00 Kick off.

Well, well well Nuttall..... I thought last week's goal was a fluke but every dog has his day.  

Very poor bottom team duly dispatched as they should be but ought to have been alot more.

Tough game against an in-form Hull next week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Well, well well Nuttall..... I thought last week's goal was a fluke but every dog has his day.  

Very poor bottom team duly dispatched as they should be but ought to have been alot more.

Tough game against an in-form Hull next week. 

Drew today so at least their winning run has come to an end - still undefeated in 7 mind.

Easyyyyy. Three on the bounce and we’re back in a good position in the league. Rodwell needs too be kept permenantly. He’s a player... Delighted for Nuttall too come on and bag but what does that do for Brereton who’s confidence must be absolutely shot too bits. I’d be tempted too put the lad in the gym too beef up and put a stone or two on and stick him in the under 23s for the Rest of the season. Comfortable day at Ewood, expect a much bigger test from a resurgent Hull next week but it’s another game where we should back ourselves to get a result. TMBWA COYB 

• Like 1

Terrible game, great result. Reminded me of the QPR game, don't think we'd have scored until this time next week had we not been gifted a rather soft penalty. After that it was comfortable, Ipswich looked as bad a Championship side as I've ever seen.

The positives apart from the result were Armstrong who drew a needless penalty out of nothing and who looks much improved from earlier in the season. Rodwell also looked very assured and deserved his MOM award. Does Mulgrew get back in? I wouldn't say so. Well timed run from Nuttall for his goal as well. Gives us the mobility we lack when Graham is up front.

Thought Bennett Dack and Graham were poor but overall a very good result after not the best performance so you'd take that most weeks.

• Like 1

Three wins on the trot starting just as we were finishing that horror run of the top 5 in a run of 6 games.

We're possibly not at the level of the very top teams but, provided the right teams are picked and we remain injury free, I don't see why we can't possibly aim for a 5th/6th place finish.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Terrible game, great result. Reminded me of the QPR game, don't think we'd have scored until this time next week had we not been gifted a rather soft penalty. After that it was comfortable, Ipswich looked as bad a Championship side as I've ever seen.

The positives apart from the result were Armstrong who drew a needless penalty out of nothing and who looks much improved from earlier in the season. Rodwell also looked very assured and deserved his MOM award. Does Mulgrew get back in? I wouldn't say so. Well timed run from Nuttall for his goal as well. Gives us the mobility we lack when Graham is up front.

Thought Bennett Dack and Graham were poor but overall a very good result after not the best performance so you'd take that most weeks.

Mulgrew a bit of a conundrum now - we really miss his set pieces.  TM will be rubbing his hands at three at the back.  

Good result, could have easily been one of those games.

When you look at the teams above us and their form, it's not THAT stupid to dream of a play off spot, it really is wide open. If we don't do it hopefully Hull can, another team hampered by nob head owners. 

Pleased to see Rodwell doing well, not many of us were behind that signing.... 

Even more pleasing seeing Travis keeping his place. 

• Like 4

• Backroom

After today’s performance, should we play this team next?

Raya.

Bennett. Rodwell. Lenihan. Bell.

Rothwell. Reed. Travis. Armstrong.

Dack.

Graham. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mike E said:

Raya.

Dack.

Graham. 

Yes please!

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Raya.

Dack.

Graham. 

Not Bennet at RB. Would also bring in Mulgrew for Lenihan.

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Raya.

Dack.

Graham. 

Largely agree but would put Nyambe in for Bennett and and put Rothwell left and Armstrong right.

Armstrong's second half today after swithing to the right was arguably  his best performance for us.  He had the confidence to get on the outside and whip it in with his strong foot rather than getting boxed in and slowing it down. That's how the second goal came about.

Thought the much maligned Bell had an excellent second half and Rothwell can play the Chapman tricky winger without the dodgy hamstring worry.

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 3

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Largely agree but would put Nyambe in for Bennett and and put Rothwell left and Armstrong right.

Armstrong's second half today after swithing to the right was arguably  his best performance for us.  He had the confidence to get on the outside and whip it in with his strong foot rather than getting boxed in and slowing it down. That's how the second goal came about.

Thought the much maligned Bell had an excellent second half and Rothwell can play the Chapman tricky winger without the dodgy hamstring worry.

I don't get this playing right footed players on the left and vice versa. If Armstrong is predominantly right footed he should play on the right hand side.

• Like 6

First half was poor, looked like we were suffering from the midweek game, but could and should have seen us 2-0 up.

Better second half but playing against a dour Lambert type team will always be difficult, thank god he left!

Thought they'd give MOM to Armstrong as it was he, with two magic moments, changed the game.

Rodwell looked good, as did Rothwell when he came on.

Nuttall looks a different player so I think a spell in U23's might do the same for Brereton.

Well done TM, good subs again and ground a result out against an awkward / poor team.

• Like 1

Rothwell off the leash Klaxon!!!!!

Hope he gets a start next game. He just has a positive intent everytime he gets the ball.

He will have games where he frustrates, but its worth it for the intent and drive he brings us. Reed is class player but he's not a wide man

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't get this playing right footed players on the left and vice versa. If Armstrong is predominantly right footed he should play on the right hand side.

He's not meant to get to the byline and cross, he's meant to cut in and shoot or play in Graham or Dack. 

• Like 1