BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town, Saturday 19th January 15.00 Kick off.

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not in a joking mood! 

Ah no, come on now, he gets an unreasonably hard time. He is no Leon Best or Bradley Orr! 

I've never suggested he was as bad as those two, to be fair.

Like I said, I was having a joke. Unfortunately, I can't perceive your mood from here......

Edited by K-Hod

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I've never suggested he was as bad as those two, to be fair.

Like I said, I was having a joke. Unfortunately, I can't perceive your mood from here......

I know you didn't. 

Ah no, look he was no world beater. I just think he gets a dis-proportionally hard time 

I'm very protective of Keith..... and his wild hair 

13 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Don’t like criticism of anything Irish does our dogg 

?

That's silly. I compared Andrews to Leon best. He is Irish too. Did you forget that? Seems you are the one who harps on about the Irish piece.

Same as your comment in the admin thread. Some nonsense about me supporting Celtic and not bringing sectarian stuff into it. If you actually read the post, you would see I clearly said I don't support Celtic and couldn't name 3 of their players.  I was having a perfectly amicable conversation with a r/angers fan, until you stuck your oar in mentioning sectarianism. 

Grow up. I thought you said you were in your 50s :) 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Travis Smallwood 

Bennett      Dack       Armstrong

Nuttall

If reed is fit get him in instead of Smallwood. I'm afraid Graham will be out on his feet after last night. 

We need to press these ,get on top, first goal ,take our chances and put it to bed. 

Have an awful feeling they will score first 

Graham probably won't have got out of bed today.

I went to a book launch with Tommy Docherty one evening. In the question and answer session one member of the audience asked him why he'd let Denis Law leave Utd.

The Doc' said - " In his last season at Utd his knees were in a  bad way so on Saturday he'd play, normally a full game ( only one sub in those days ). Sunday he'd stay in bed all day. Monday he'd get up at dinner and walk around the house. Tuesday he'd come in and do some light exercises. Wednesday ditto but a good bit more intense. Thursday he'd train normally. Friday was a light day for all the team. Saturday he'd play again and this regime would start all over again ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Raya

Nyambe       Lenihan            Mulgrew    Bell

Reed                  Travis

Armstrong                  Dack                     Rothwell

Nuttall

Subs: Leutwiler, (whatever 2 defenders are fit), Evans, Bennett, Graham, Butterworth

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's silly. I compared Andrews to Leon best. He is Irish too. Did you forget that? Seems you are the one who harps on about the Irish piece.

Same as your comment in the admin thread. Some nonsense about me supporting Celtic and not bringing sectarian stuff into it. If you actually read the post, you would see I clearly said I don't support Celtic and couldn't name 3 of their players.  I was having a perfectly amicable conversation with a r/angers fan, until you stuck your oar in mentioning sectarianism. 

Grow up. I thought you said you were in your 50s :) 

Lol

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There can be no excuses.

We are playing a very poor bottom of the league team, who are 7 points adrift from safety, at home.

A home banker.

When has any match in the past 9 years been 'a home banker' or 'license to print money' where Rovers victories are concerned?!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Graham probably won't have got out of bed today.

I went to a book launch with Tommy Docherty one evening. In the question and answer session one member of the audience asked him why he'd let Denis Law leave Utd.

The Doc' said - " In his last season at Utd his knees were in a  bad way so on Saturday he'd play, normally a full game ( only one sub in those days ). Sunday he'd stay in bed all day. Monday he'd get up at dinner and walk around the house. Tuesday he'd come in and do some light exercises. Wednesday ditto but a good bit more intense. Thursday he'd train normally. Friday was a light day for all the team. Saturday he'd play again and this regime would start all over again ".

Ha ha , he probably didn't.

Ya, I don't see him starting and if he does I would say it is a risk. 

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

When has any match in the past 9 years been 'a home banker' or 'license to print money' where Rovers victories are concerned?!

? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I would be more confident playing a home game against Leeds than Ipswich. That's just how we are. 

A routine home win would be delightful. Our unique ability to concede late goals, sometimes numerous ones, means we won't know if we have definitely won until the game is over! 

• Like 3

If we win next two home games we could be in spitting distance of play off positions. Not expecting promotion this season but the further up the league makes us all happy.

Ipswich to start with will be difficult after last nights long game so its up to Mowbray and his back room staff to earn their pay and rest/recover/refresh the lads as per their individual requirements. Dack wasn't 100% anyway, Graham needs wrapping in cotton wool, Mulgrew may not be ready yet and Reed may not be right. 

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

If we win next two home games we could be in spitting distance of play off positions. Not expecting promotion this season but the further up the league makes us all happy.

Ipswich to start with will be difficult after last nights long game so its up to Mowbray and his back room staff to earn their pay and rest/recover/refresh the lads as per their individual requirements. Dack wasn't 100% anyway, Graham needs wrapping in cotton wool, Mulgrew may not be ready yet and Reed may not be right. 

Hull City are on fire at the moment playing the best football in the league.

Will be an enormous test for us that one.

Need to get the three points on the board against Ipswich. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Hull City are on fire at the moment playing the best football in the league.

Will be an enormous test for us that one.

Need to get the three points on the board against Ipswich. 

I remember Adkins was heavily linked here when Mowbray got the job. In fact I think a rumour circulated on here at one point that he had the job if I'm not mistaken. After a shaky start, he has done some job there. 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Need to take 3 points here. 

It is interesting in the games since Mulgrew was out, Lenihan has taken on the leadership role and looks a far better players. I just wonder do him and Mulgrew compliment each other that well? 

Oh yes, they compliment each other all the time. Darragh just loves Charlie's flowing, boyish locks and Charlie tells Darragh he has biceps to die for. 

Hardly a day goes by without the pair of them exchanging lovely,supportive words to each other.

Whether they play well as a pair and complement each other is another question entirely ☺

Edited by Colt Seavers

4 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Oh yes, they compliment each other all the time. Daragh just loves Charlie's flowing, boyish locks and Charlie tells Daragh he has biceps to die for. 

Hardly a day goes by without the pair of them exchanging lovely,supportive words to each other.

Whether they play well as a pair and complement each other is another question entirely ☺

Are they two different words? You learn something new everyday :) I genuinely didn't know that 

• Like 1

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Travis Evans

Reed Dack Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutweiler, Downing, Bennett, Rodwell, Conway, Rothwell, Nuttall

Don't want Bell near the squad, Bennett anywhere near the right back position and I don't think Brereton warrants a place in the squad either.

Bench shows how we DO need reinforcements no matter how much its played down.