BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers ban Briggsyboy videos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fTlrULfDcUo&t=295s

I have watched this lads short matchday videos for a couple of years and as an overseas fan found them a good way of getting a different feel for matchdays that you don't get just from say usual highlights.

After 2 years and out of the blue, presumably the insipid pale dreary blue of Waggots office, orders issued have resulted in this lad being banned from doing any further filming on matchdays inside Ewood or risk the rath of Rovers.

I have never seen him post anything controversial on his channel and he comes across as a well balanced lad who just wants to share his love of Rovers.

I do not know him from Adam but just subscribe to his Youtube channel.

I wish him well on his new venture, Rovers Fan TV.

It will be interesting to see if the Club try to interfere with fan interviews outside of Ewood at the Ipswich game.

I wonder if Rovers will actually have the bottle to ban all phone videoing inside Ewood. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It’s not just him, there a girl who sits not far from me that films and uploads too. Think there’s another lad in the JW too. 

Every club has fans doing it, seems very petty.

Yes petty indeed.

I often watch the videos done by fans of other clubs covering Rovers games, some are excellent, some awful but can't fault their enthusiasm.

I know it breaks the rules of ground entry but shit, it's not going on Netflix!

He states in his video that he was told he was banned from filming because of copyright infringement and 'safeguarding' issues.

I used to post his vlogs on here. They were decent, especially the away ones. After 3 years of filming at matches it seems strange that the club suddenly have concerns around 'safeguarding'. 

Edited by blueboy3333

I have seen a few of his videos and the lad is articulate and completely inoffensive. On the face of it there does seem to be a pettiness about it which comes as no real surprise to me.

Hopefully the lad retains his enthusiasm for Rovers and it doesn't deter him from going to the games.

• Like 2

Presumably he might still do the away games. He could certainly film getting on the coach stuff, himself doing a half-time summary, interviews with fans on the way back to the coach and so on. Only the actual play would be missing!

Come to think of it, he often missed the goals anyway!

I watched a lot of his vlogs last season, he seems like a genuine lad. Maybe this is something that has come about by the security team employed by the club rather than being ordered by the club itself. Ridiculous either way. #JusticeForBriggsyBoy 

• Like 1

Utter bollocks! Was an insightful viewing, seemed a solid bloke, for me the videos were more about the atmosphere, and the voice of the fans.  The goals much of a bonus. I am very surprised that this has happened. not sure if I recall seeing any "no filming" or "photographs not permitted" in and around Ewood. 

• Like 1

The pressure for this comes from FA/EFL/ifollow/BT/Sky etc

They are cracking down on people broadcasting “their copyright” in this way.

It happens a lot, once a YouTuber gets a good few subscribers and it’s easy to find match footage from them on YouTube, the club are pressured to put a stop to it in order to hold up their side of the TV deals.

Or if you prefer - Steve Waggott is evil and petty naughty man hates fans.

It’s inevitable and he’s a victim of his own success so far.

Anyway, I think if the  “fan tv” thing if half as good as all the others out there it will be even more entertaining and draw a lot more viewers - there’ll be some right odd characters spouting absolute @#/?.

It’s the Rovers fan’s way and I can’t wait to get my cringe on or be on it myself.

Best of luck to him.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Presumably he might still do the away games. He could certainly film getting on the coach stuff, himself doing a half-time summary, interviews with fans on the way back to the coach and so on. Only the actual play would be missing!

Come to think of it, he often missed the goals anyway!

He's starting Rovers Fan TV today at the Ipswich game.

Interviewing fans outside Ewood pre and post match.

Waggott's maggotts will no doubt be on the look out. I wonder if they will allow if filming and interviewing say outside the shop or near Uncle Jack.

LOL, he does miss a few goals but I liked the ones scored at the BBE from a view diffrent from usual.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

He's starting Rovers Fan TV today at the Ipswich game.

Interviewing fans outside Ewood pre and post match.

Waggott's maggotts will no doubt be on the look out. I wonder if they will allow if filming and interviewing say outside the shop or near Uncle Jack.

LOL, he does miss a few goals but I liked the ones scored at the BBE from a view diffrent from usual.

If you watch the video the club have encouraged him to film outside. It is the match action inside the ground where they get in hot water for allowing people to broadcast outside of the TV deals. You know, those TV deals and contracts that make up 90% of our revenue.

Or it’s Waggot and his maggots. JFC

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

It happens a lot, once a YouTuber gets a good few subscribers and it’s easy to find match footage from them on YouTube, the club are pressured to put a stop to it in order to hold up their side of the TV deals.

Anyway, I think if the  “fan tv” thing if half as good as all the others out there it will be even more entertaining and draw a lot more viewers - there’ll be some right odd characters spouting absolute @#/?.

It’s the Rovers fan’s way and I can’t wait to get my cringe on or be on it myself.

Best of luck to him.

Meanwhile the internet is awash with easy and free good quality access to every PL and Championship game on live, plus every Sky and BT channel 24/7

TTF that the 'authorities' are inept at what should be their priorities.

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Best of luck to him.

So why, after 3 years of filming, did the head steward state 'safeguarding' was one of the reasons for the ban?

Or if you prefer - bloody evil Rovers fans pointing out facts 'n' stuff.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

If you watch the video the club have encouraged him to film outside. It is the match action inside the ground where they get in hot water for allowing people to broadcast outside of the TV deals. You know, those TV deals and contracts that make up 90% of our revenue.

Or it’s Waggot and his maggots. JFC

I watched it pal. Must have missed that part so belated apologies to Waggotts maggots.

FFS JFC

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Meanwhile the internet is awash with easy and free good quality access to every PL and Championship game on live, plus every Sky and BT channel 24/7

TTF that the 'authorities' are inept at what should be their priorities.

Yeah it’s crap, but far easier to ensure one of the signatory parties in the deal holds up their end with simple “no filming or broadcasting” rules.

Its only become an issue because of his visibility and popularity I expect.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

So why, after 3 years of filming, did the head steward state 'safeguarding' was one of the reasons for the ban?

Or if you prefer - bloody evil Rovers fans pointing out facts 'n' stuff.

Ok. If you think it’s just because of stupid Waggot fair enough.

Couldnt just be a misinformed/miscommunication from a steward on that part nor Briggsyboys recent visibility. Nor that the club have only just been instructed, most likely by BT at that game as it was on the telly.

Waggot just hates us all.

He wanted to be in breach of the TV deal to keep Briggsy’s 2,000 subscribers happy but he obviously just doesn’t care about the fans.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

The EFL clubs need to look at their own ridiculous decision to allow so many matches to be shown on red button/ifollow, that is the real threat, not some lad posting a shaky 5 minutes of footage after a match... usually with the main action like goals missed to boot.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The EFL clubs need to look at their own ridiculous decision to allow so many matches to be shown on red button/ifollow, that is the real threat, not some lad posting a shaky 5 minutes of footage after a match... usually with the main action like goals missed to boot.

The deal is criminal, the EFL must have sent David Davies in to negotiate.

But on both points it is ultimately the broadcasters calling the shots - clubs are just pawns in the TV game.

It’s crap.

On the censorship front - it’s ok filming at the ground for now... but if half of you lot get on camera every week shouting “Mowbray out, Waggot out” for no reason at all then it would start being worrying and draconian...

Although i might welcome it! ?

• Moderation Lead

It’s probably a bit of both in reality. 

He will have become more well known to the staff at the ground because of an increase in popularity. 

The safeguarding line from the club will just be a stock line that they have to say I reckon. 

I’m not saying that showing the videos is a bad thing as it probably isn’t, but you know what the TV companies are like when it comes to copyright. I can think of pubs even within a few miles of Ewood that have been done for this recently. So, YouTube channels are far from exempt from this.

If he was broadcasting live that's one thing but he puts poorly shot mobile phone highlights up YouTube hours after the games. It doesn't affect the club or the broadcasters ability to sell their product at all.

I predict a mobile phone surcharge next year. £3 per match to allow  you to take your phone out of your pockets. If you want to make any phone calls or text messages you can send them before the game. Some won't see the problem ?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4