BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Your best 5 and worst 5 Rovers games!

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I have fond memories of pasting West Ham 7-1 in 2001 and looking fantastic.

By the time we got back to @Biz‘s grandmas house Glenn Roeder has had a heart attack I believe, or am I making that up? Felt a bit guilty as I recall.

That was my younger son’s first league game. Not sure the bit about Roeder is correct though, I thought he had either a stroke or a brain aneurism at some point that season but not straight after the game against us.

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That was my younger son’s first league game. Not sure the bit about Roeder is correct though, I thought he had either a stroke or a brain aneurism at some point that season but not straight after the game against us.

Mandela effect

• Like 1

9 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I have fond memories of pasting West Ham 7-1 in 2001 and looking fantastic.

By the time we got back to @Biz‘s grandmas house Glenn Roeder has had a heart attack I believe, or am I making that up? Felt a bit guilty as I recall.

Think this is amalgamated memory since I’m sure roeder got ill at Newcastle. Might be wrong, it’s only 20 years ago FFS....

Still though, that Souness/Hughes period was utterly immense. One thing I know for sure about that game - was Carricks debut. Can’t wait till he’s on 606...

• Like 1

One of my favourite games was the 5th round (or quarter final?) replay at home to Arsenal in 2007.

We drew 0-0 at the Emirates and were the first away team to keep a clean sheet there.  After the game Fabregas refused to shake Hughes' hand instead apparently saying, "you used to play for Barcelona didn't you?  Your team didn't play like Barcelona", and then I think it kicked off a bit.

Really wanted to beat them after that, I never liked Fabregas.

Don't remember much of the game other than Benni's quality strike to win it which is one of my favourite ever goals.

Think we also knocked out Everton and City on that run before the Chelsea semi final and that Pedersen header I don't like to think about.

• Like 5

On 21/01/2019 at 20:59, Admiral Nelsen said:

2007 - Rovers 2 - 0 Man City. FA cup game. Amazing atmosphere at Ewood, they had high expectations and we were a total class above. Collectors item from Mokoena and a jubilant Matt Derbyshire in front of the Blackburn end at the end. One of the great Ewood moments of modern times.

I was at that game, you're right about the atmosphere... great memories!