BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Kingston upon Hull - Saturday 26th January 2019 3pm

I think it's fair to say that this will be a season defining game.

A win against our 'rivals' and we'll be able to say we are in the hunt for the play-offs, even if the 6 point gap still remains. Anything less and we'll be talking about bottling the big games again in true Bowyeresque fashion and an ensuing few months of uninspiring games whilst languishing inoffensively in mid-table.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Husky said:

A win against our 'rivals' and we'll be able to say we are in the hunt for the play-offs, even if the 6 point gap still remains. Anything less and we'll be talking about bottling the big games again in true Bowyeresque fashion and an ensuing few months of uninspiring games whilst languishing inoffensively in mid-table.

You might be.

I’d say that they’re obviously up there for a reason, and there are still 51 points to play for. 

31 minutes ago, Husky said:

Agreed. Saturday's game will be an interesting test of bottle as much as anything else. Have we got the stomach for a potential play off challenge?

Under Bowyer whenever we looked as though we might do something we seemed to manage to blow it and earlier this season when we got to within a point or two of the play offs we chucked in the horror shows against Preston and Wigan.

Has anything changed? We'll soon find out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Husky said:

I don't think it would be bottling it to draw against the league's in-form team, as long as we compete.

Crazy...that Hull away game, I thought then and until their recent resurgence that they must be the worst team in the league. They were awful and we should have beat them by a lot more.

It's no surprise as they usually bring similar here to what we take over there according to form/league etc.  If it was April you'd expect a bigger turnout but now around 1.5k sounds about right for them here.

They've had something of a regression in recent years back to being similar to what they were formerly before the KC sprang up and football became fashionable over there again and a bit of a novelty.  Similar to us of course brought on by bonkers ownership but being a big place they retain crowd potential we don't if things turn around slightly but in real terms not a bigger club than Rovers.

I'd go                          Raya

Nyambe          Lenihan       Rodwell         Bell

Armstrong      Travis           Reed            Bennett

Dack

Graham

I'd give Rothwell another 30 mins of the bench, would be tempted to start him but him and Armstrong might be too cavalier out wide and Armstrong is undroppable in current form.

Subs: Canadian, Mulgrew, Evans, Smallwood, Rothwell, Butterworth, Nuttall

Some great memories of visiting the hotel that was Boothferry Park and a fab chippy near the away end.

Tough game and would be happy with a draw due to their current run of free scoring football, however if they are missing Bowen then I would fancy us to sneak it JUST

COYB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

Their average home attendance is 12,400, about 1,800 less than us and 21 out of 24 in the league..........

Hull fans despise the owners, talking to some of them at the away game and I genuinely had no idea how bad they are till then. 

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Some great memories of visiting the hotel that was Boothferry Park and a fab chippy near the away end.

Tough game and would be happy with a draw due to their current run of free scoring football, however if they are missing Bowen then I would fancy us to sneak it JUST

COYB

Not just me that remembers that chippy then ?

On 24/01/2019 at 22:29, Husky said:

By my reckoning a win today and we are guaranteed to be 3 points off 6th place and 4 points from 5th. This is due to Boro, Derby, Bristol City and Swansea above us having no game due to the FA cup, and Hull obviously coming to Ewood.

Really is a big game.... Come on you Blues!

• Like 2

Another tough match with Hull in really good form. I really think the key area will be wide as that is were their strength lies and is probably our weakness. I would play Nyambe at right back as I think he is best served to cope with he pacy Grosicki. On the left you could toss a coin to decide who is best equipped to cope with Bowen.

Hopefully our big players are on form and get us the result.

• Like 1

They are in good form and it will be a tough test for our defence. They've scored either 2 or 3 in each of their last 6 away games adding up to a grand total of 14 goals in those games. The best in the Championship. When I saw brief highlights of them the other day they seemed to get a lot of men in the box so that goal record is no surprise.

On the other hand they concede a fair few (10 in their last 6 aways)

It will be 0-0.

Att: 14,209

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Evans Travis

Reed         Dack   Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Nyambe Smallwood Rothwell Brereton Nuttall Conway

Chadster----respect!!!

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Evans Travis

Reed         Dack   Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Nyambe Smallwood Rothwell Brereton Nuttall Conway

Welcome back Chris.

Looks like more ‘the team that Mowbray will pick’ but still. It’s a decent side - assuming Mulgrew is still out.

The next question is, if we win today (3 in a row) without Mulgrew, does he walk back into the team ahead of Rodwell...?

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Welcome back Chris.

Looks like more ‘the team that Mowbray will pick’ but still. It’s a decent side - assuming Mulgrew is still out.

The next question is, if we win today (3 in a row) without Mulgrew, does he walk back into the team ahead of Rodwell...?

Thankyou

No its my team. 

Nyambe and Williams defending like Preston away has been far too poor for me. 

I think Bell's performances have been decent. Yes I would sign another left back in the summer. My 1st choice would be Hull's left back Kingsley. We wont get him now IMO. Price too high. 

I prefer Reed wide as he can get forward and close down further up the pitch. Plus allow Travis and Evans in centre mid. 

Great question that. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

I’d go:

Raya

Nyambe   Lenihan   Rodwell   Bell

Travis   Reed

Armstrong   Dack   Bennett

Graham

Upon switching to the right against Ipswich, Armstrong became far more effective; that first-time cross for Nuttall’s goal being a great example. Would that cross have been replicated on his left foot on the opposite flank? Whilst Dack’s our player we’re never really gonna be playing with 2 true strikers (unless we went with a midfield diamond or 3 at the back.....), so whilst this is the case I think Armstrong could prove to be an effective winger on the right. 

3-1 Rovers, Travis Dack and Rothwell

• Like 1