Bennett Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Evans Travis

Reed         Dack   Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Nyambe Smallwood Rothwell Brereton Nuttall Conway

Great to see you back.

COYB!

• Like 1

Not sure of the merit of playing Reed on the right and AA on the left. AA has been poor there but good every time he plays wide right. I'm sure it'll click with Mowbray one day? Reed has been ok on the right but he looks out of place IMO. I prefer Bennett there, he's more naturally suited to it.

Problem is we've a load of options for RM but none on the left (besides a totally out of position AA). IIRC Bennett played LM against Wigan at home last season with AA on the right. May be time to try that again to make the most of AA's pace. 

A left footed LM/LW has to be a priority signing either this Jan or in the summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure of the merit of playing Reed on the right and AA on the left. AA has been poor there but good every time he plays wide right. I'm sure it'll click with Mowbray one day? Reed has been ok on the right but he looks out of place IMO. I prefer Bennett there, he's more naturally suited to it.

Problem is we've a load of options for RM but none on the left (besides a totally out of position AA). IIRC Bennett played LM against Wigan at home last season with AA on the right. May be time to try that again to make the most of AA's pace. 

A left footed LM/LW has to be a priority signing either this Jan or in the summer. 

Bennett started out on the left against Newcastle  and looked like a fish riding a bike.

Definetely would bring back Nyambe for today, he’s streets ahead of bennet at right back and can offer us a real outlet at times aswell as being one of the few players who regularly takes players on.

Think we’ve seen abit more of an attacking  approach from TM in recent games and hope that continues. Hull are in good form but so are we, so we should look to take the game to them.

Think it’s a big test for Bell today, I have seen him have some very poor performances over the last 2 seasons yet I think it is clear that there is actually a very decent player in there. He has all the physiccal attributes and has shown cases of excellent ability of running with the ball however he doesn’t do enough of it and often seems to ponder on possession. He’s improved recently so will be interesting to see how he gets in against there tricky wingers. Same for Nyambe.

Rodwell should 100% start imo ahead of Mulgrew, he’s been excellent the past 2 games and it would set a bad example if Mulgrew was to walk straight back in, even tho I love the man!

Big game in our season, win and we are up there along with increasing momentum. Anything else and we will be looking very mid table. 

Raya

nyambe rodwell Lenihan bell

travis reed

armstrong Dack Rothwell

graham/nutall

• Like 1

What's today's walk on ticket surcharge? In these modern days of tombola teams it would be preferable to wait until 2pm before deciding - after the team is announced - as that would give an indication of the tactics and thinking behind the match and how it's going to go.

2 minutes ago, Husky said:

What's today's walk on ticket surcharge? In these modern days of tombola teams it would be preferable to wait until 2pm before deciding - after the team is announced - as that would give an indication of the tactics and thinking behind the match and how it's going to go.

You wouldn’t go if you don’t like the lineup?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Evans Travis

Reed         Dack   Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Nyambe Smallwood Rothwell Brereton Nuttall Conway

Check Bielsa here...

6D88320D-5AB2-481B-B846-1F4425932A66.jpeg

• Like 1

I would go for:

Raya

Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell

Rodwell

rothwell Reed Travis Armstrong

Graham

imo Dack has been poor and mabe a start from the bench would do him good.

Do expect though Bennett, conway and Dack to start ahead of Rothwell Rodwell and Nyambr

Just now, Al said:

Not sure how Evans gets a place in midfield when we have Rothwell on the bench. He's the manager's pet.

Probably because they play different positions/roles.

I’m not a fan of Evans either tbh but nice to see a settled 11

Just now, Al said:

Not sure how Evans gets a place in midfield when we have Rothwell on the bench. He's the manager's pet.

Evans is very good at what he does. Criminallly underrated by our fans.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Evans is very good at what he does. Criminallly underrated by our fans.

He will be enormously tested by Hull's pace and tackling from the front today.

My main reservation is Hull commit so many forward, Evans will slow down the counter-attacking.

8 minutes ago, LA1Rovers said:

Reed in the middle rothwell on the left! Not sure why TM keeps putting Reed outwide 

Offers more industry and cover for the fullback against good sides.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

IMG_20190126_140609.jpg

So if anything happens to Lenihan or Rodwell we are relying on Smallwood or Williams. Not a great position to be in. Downing should have been allowed to go on loan on deadline day while Mulgrew is out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So if anything happens to Lenihan or Rodwell we are relying on Smallwood or Williams. Not a great position to be in. Downing should have been allowed to go on loan on deadline day while Mulgrew is out.

Yes quite simply Williams goes to centre back. He is 4th choice. Why do we need 2 centre backs on the bench?