BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Kingston upon Hull - Saturday 26th January 2019 3pm

2 hours ago, philipl said:

He will be enormously tested by Hull's pace and tackling from the front today.

My main reservation is Hull commit so many forward, Evans will slow down the counter-attacking.

Another fantastic performance from him. Must have nicked the ball back 10 times today. He doesn’t get anywhere near the recognition he deserves purely because he doesnt do the eye catching tackles of Travis and Reed.

At the start I would have probably settled for a decent performance and a draw, absolutely blown away by what actually happened though ?

Same starting XI next week please TM, hopefully Barnet can clatter a few Bees on Monday and do us a favour. 

Rodwell and Travis really are growing into this team and it's fantastic to see, not to mention how it's rubbing off on other players too. 

How we missed Downing ?

• Like 2

Also, special mention to Bell today. He didn’t give Bowen a single second on the ball and frustrated the in form player in the division where he just gave up after the third went in. End of the left back debate.

Absolutely buzzing today! Play like this consistently for the rest of the season and we can start dreaming. Rodders and Travis are like new signings and I have to give it to AA who has really upped his game lately. Dack and DG slighlty off form but it shows we have others that can step up. 

Perfect game today. Despite my concerns about depth, Mowbray got the game plan spot on. Hull didn’t really turn up in truth and Evans and Travis stood firm while Reed and Armstrong gave them a torrid time higher up the pitch.

Seems churlish to say it after such a win but Dack is going through a lean spell and when he isn’t chipping in with goals he isn’t really justifying his selection. Head turned?

It was good to get the third goal and nerves were visibly calmed, even more so when they went down to 10 men late on.

Well done Mowbray, after three league defeats we have a welcome three league wins and our GD is back down to -1.

Maybe if we can get to 50 points before the end of February he will let the lads off the leash a bit and we can have a go at those play-off places. The cautionary note though is that we can’t afford any more injuries at the back. It will be very interesting to see now if Mulgrew has to wait his turn or if Rodwell will be back on the bench. Whilst I’m not a Rodwell fan, he has certainly earned his place. Three games, three clean sheets, a MoM and a goal speaks for itself.

A good day at the office, 3 goals without reply, and even the walk along Bolton Road in the rain couldn’t dampen the mood.

• Like 2

Travis sets the tone for the team in my view 

Reed enhances is.. would be better in cm but is great everywhere tbh

Rodwell has brought calm to the defence which was much needed 

Also really impressed with the effort from Dack 

Great to see the competition for places increasing... Mulgrew / Nyambe / Rothwell / Nuttal 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Perfect game today. Despite my concerns about depth, Mowbray got the game plan spot on. Hull didn’t really turn up in truth and Evans and Travis stood firm while Reed and Armstrong gave them a torrid time higher up the pitch.

Seems churlish to say it after such a win but Dack is going through a lean spell and when he isn’t chipping in with goals he isn’t really justifying his selection. Head turned?

It was good to get the third goal and nerves were visibly calmed, even more so when they went down to 10 men late on.

Well done Mowbray, after three league defeats we have a welcome three league wins and our GD is back down to -1.

Maybe if we can get to 50 points before the end of February he will let the lads off the leash a bit and we can have a go at those play-off places. The cautionary note though is that we can’t afford any more injuries at the back. It will be very interesting to see now if Mulgrew has to wait his turn or if Rodwell will be back on the bench. Whilst I’m not a Rodwell fan, he has certainly earned his place. Three games, three clean sheets, a MoM and a goal speaks for itself.

A good day at the office, 3 goals without reply, and even the walk along Bolton Road in the rain couldn’t dampen the mood.

Agree with everything that you say but even when Dack is not on fire, he is our talisman and the one plaer that the opposition will always fear the most. What I will say is that the team as a whole has stepped up in recent matches so that we are not as reliant on him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Also, special mention to Bell today. He didn’t give Bowen a single second on the ball and frustrated the in form player in the division where he just gave up after the third went in. End of the left back debate.

If he realises that's the required standard week in week out in this league there'd be no need to debate.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

4 League wins Stu.

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Travis sets the tone for the team in my view 

Reed enhances is.. would be better in cm but is great everywhere tbh

Rodwell has brought calm to the defence which was much needed 

Also really impressed with the effort from Dack 

Great to see the competition for places increasing... Mulgrew / Nyambe / Rothwell / Nuttal 

We have looked a different prospect since Travis came in.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We have looked a different prospect since Travis came in.

Mentioned it earlier but is it a coincidence with Travis and Rodders being fixtures int he starting eleven?Travis particularly in CM but the clean sheets at the back go someway to suggest that a:, are two defensive midfielders really needed and b: Rodwell coming in and adding a certain calmness.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Mentioned it earlier but is it a coincidence with Travis and Rodders being fixtures int he starting eleven?Travis particularly in CM but the clean sheets at the back go someway to suggest that a:, are two defensive midfielders really needed and b: Rodwell coming in and adding a certain calmness.

Maybe Mowbray himself has finally clocked it...

125902C0-1E38-456E-8518-9870F4A9C767.thumb.jpeg.9602cfcad90ab691ff0cb33de6f93b44.jpeg

Not playing Smallwood and Evans has contributed as much to our form as the players we have brought in to implement a more attacking set-up. Rovers always look better when we put teams on the back foot. It’s also what gets the fans going down at Ewood, which contributes to that 12th man mentality. Especially when it comes to giving the ref some stick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Did Dack not get the assist for the first goal. 

Correct he did. Can't understand people when Dack doesn't score for a few, got the assist today and gets his body everywhere, absolute handful for the defenders, even if he's just holding the ball up he does it in a way that the opposition players are in a spin, not to mention there was a lovely little megs from him in the 1st.

• Like 2